New pass Cat C job

Stussy:
Before I moved from northants to Cornwall (280 miles) I was ringing agencies in Cornwall asking about specific jobs they were advertising, when pressed they said they could not guarantee it was going to be the job advertised, and that I would be better coming down to sign up and then see what work there was.
Basically, the jobs didn’t exist as advertised. They were listed as full time permanent, to which I asked about and they admitted on the phone that they were not! So it was just lies to get you to sign up and then give you something more crap than promised

I feel your pain brother. I had the same thing happen with several agencies. Qs Recruitment and personnel solutions are STILL advertising jobs (lots of jobs in fact) that don’t exist. I got sweet fa out of qs, except an offer of a job with breezemount which I turned down because 56/62 reviews on indeed said the same thing, stupid hours, heavy handball and management encourages you to drive over hours. Ps gave me one days work on pallet network work. I enjoyed it and said I would go back, but as it turns out, I was just covering a days holiday. Agencies ■■■■!

There are plenty of jobs being advertised down here in somerset either with the agencies or the local haulier’s…some offer apprentice schemes so your age shouldn’t worry them and I also think they may be willing to offer you an upgrade to class 1 if your keen.
Not really sure what the average wage is for class 2, but anywhere between 23k - 29k seems to be on offer down here.
They also seem to be crying out for bin men, the pays pretty good just the job must be pants otherwise why would they be so desparate for driver’s?