New motors for Ray White

WhiteWhiteWhite:
I see TNUK hasn’t changed much since I’ve been away [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahaha! Good luck with the new motors, fair play to ya :slight_smile:

rob22888:
All ready to couple up to that scabby looking fleet of white fridges.

3 of 10 New Hanging Meat Trailers that was a £600,000 Investment. But Thanks for the Constructive Criticism, duly noted [emoji1303][emoji23]

WhiteWhiteWhite:

Hiya bud remember me? …Victor here. :sunglasses: :smiley:
You certainly still have a lot of fans on here :open_mouth: .
Can you tell me where you’ll be around May, just that I’d like to follow you around for a bit, close up to your back end (in a very butch hetero way you understand :bulb: ) because I’d like to top up my suntan from the rays that evidently emanate from your posterior before I go on me hols :laughing: :wink:

Ok…Tbf mate (from a non truck fan pov) the trucks DO look nice, but unlike some on here no sign of an ■■■■■■ yet from me. :smiley:
:wink:

WhiteWhiteWhite:

rob22888:

3 of 10 New Hanging Meat Trailers that was a £600,000 Investment. But Thanks for the Constructive Criticism, duly noted [emoji1303][emoji23]

No excuse for taking a 30 on the pumps.

robroy:

WhiteWhiteWhite:

Can you tell me where you’ll be around May, just that I’d like to follow you around for a bit, close up to your back end (in a very butch hetero way you understand :bulb: ) because I’d like to top up my suntan from the rays that evidently emanate from your posterior before I go on me hols :laughing: :wink:

Ok…Tbf mate (from a non truck fan pov) the trucks DO look nice, but unlike some on here no sign of an ■■■■■■ yet from me. :smiley:

:unamused:

switchlogic:

Beetlejuice:
They do look nice ,I wonder if they are losing wages to get shiny trucks .
They are just shiny blue work horses anyway you look at it .

In my 20+ year long career I have NEVER been offered a nice truck for less money or hear of anyone else who has. It’s an old myth and certainly not the case at Whites

I know from the past a lot on here have Whites on a pedestal but any way you cut it the manufacturers aren’t gifting high-spec motors so they’re paid for somewhere either higher rates for customers. lower rates for drivers, less out for the owners or something else.

WhiteWhiteWhite:

Neither’s that photo in the Cool loads ad in the back of T&D.

flat to the mat:

robroy:

WhiteWhiteWhite:

:laughing: Thank you, glad you liked it. :sunglasses:

Suedehead:

WhiteWhiteWhite:

rob22888:

No excuse for taking a 30 on the pumps.

Or Maybe they were filling up with fuel [emoji848]

Own Account Driver:

switchlogic:

Beetlejuice:
They do look nice ,I wonder if they are losing wages to get shiny trucks .
They are just shiny blue work horses anyway you look at it .

In my 20+ year long career I have NEVER been offered a nice truck for less money or hear of anyone else who has. It’s an old myth and certainly not the case at Whites

I know from the past a lot on here have Whites on a pedestal but any way you cut it the manufacturers aren’t gifting high-spec motors so they’re paid for somewhere either higher rates for customers. lower rates for drivers, less out for the owners or something else.

[emoji115] - [emoji23]

Good luck with the new trucks Ray.
Nice colour BTW.

Own Account Driver:

WhiteWhiteWhite:

Neither’s that photo in the Cool loads ad in the back of T&D.

That reminds me, does Jenny still look the same? :smiley:

robroy:

flat to the mat:

robroy:

WhiteWhiteWhite:

:laughing: Thank you, glad you liked it. :sunglasses:[/quote

Quoted for posterity fella , thought that just maybe sobriety or humility might have you deleting your ramble. I was wrong , feel free to spout forth :laughing:

What is it with people on here? If a company buys fleet spec trucks with no fridge or microwave they are tight fisted but then you get a guy like Ray White that tries to look after his drivers with a few home comforts in a high spec motor it’s automatically “all flash no cash” ,maybe he’s just a good boss that looks after and values good staff :smiley:

flat to the mat:
Quoted for posterity fella , thought that just maybe sobriety or humility might have you deleting your ramble. I was wrong , feel free to spout forth :laughing:

Thanks for that err …fella :neutral_face: …, but I would anyway. :smiley:
Sobriety is (and was) well under control thanks, and I don’t do too good in the humility stakes if I’m honest. :smiley:

Just to explain if I may…
Not so much of a ramble, just carrying on a bit of banter from a past (tongue in cheek) old exchange between me and Mr White. :bulb:
Think Mr White gets me, and evidently aint too bothered, (or more like could not give a toss :smiley: )… but hey!..feel free to continue to take offence on his behalf. :wink: :smiley:

Nice volvos,ray.

eurotrans:
What is it with people on here? If a company buys fleet spec trucks with no fridge or microwave they are tight fisted but then you get a guy like Ray White that tries to look after his drivers with a few home comforts in a high spec motor it’s automatically “all flash no cash” ,maybe he’s just a good boss that looks after and values good staff :smiley:

I don’t know the first thing about Mr White, but I’ll explain where I’ve been coming from on this, (for benefit of Mr Flat out) just to put it to bed.

I just find it amusing (and slightly embarrasing :blush: ) how some grown men behave like sychophantic teenagers on the old thread and this, it’s like kids writing fan mail to their favourite pop star ffs, it’s a bit cringeworthy tbh guys. :unamused:
And THAT is where the ’ Victor’ bit comes from :bulb: , as Mr W used to call me ‘Victor Meldrew’ on the old thread. :laughing:

Having said that, (and I’m not being influenced or converted by his TNUK fan club here btw :smiley: ) …
Maybe, and presumably he is a good employer who supplies decent kit for his drivers and pays them well for their service.
This is EXACTLY what the haulage industry needs, and if it IS accurate, it’s a breath of fresh air in an arena full of stinking ■■■■, so good on him, I’d be the first to say that.
I used to work for a guy just like that for 10 yrs, so I know what that entails, involves, and the loyalty and conscientiousness it reciprocates from proper drivers (like myself :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: )

On the other hand you can see where the negativity you mention comes from, many firms are like as you describe, supplying naive and thick d/heads with a Scania with Kelsas and Hellas, whilst paying them peanuts, which makes a mockery of the industry.

Right …could Mr White please send me a signed photo for my bedroom. :wink: :laughing: :laughing: .

robroy:

eurotrans:

I don’t know the first thing about Mr White, but I’ll explain where I’ve been coming from on this, (for benefit of Mr Flat out) just to put it to bed.

I just find it amusing (and slightly embarrasing :blush: ) how some grown men behave like sychophantic teenagers on the old thread and this, it’s like kids writing fan mail to their favourite pop star ffs, it’s a bit cringeworthy tbh guys. :unamused:
And THAT is where the ’ Victor’ bit comes from :bulb: , as Mr W used to call me ‘Victor Meldrew’ on the old thread. :laughing:

Having said that, (and I’m not being influenced or converted by his TNUK fan club here btw :smiley: ) …
Maybe, and presumably he is a good employer who supplies decent kit for his drivers and pays them well for their service.
This is EXACTLY what the haulage industry needs, and if it IS accurate, it’s a breath of fresh air in an arena full of stinking [zb], so good on him, I’d be the first to say that.
I used to work for a guy just like that for 10 yrs, so I know what that entails, involves, and the loyalty and conscientiousness it reciprocates from proper drivers (like myself :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: )

On the other hand you can see where the negativity you mention comes from, many firms are like as you describe, supplying naive and thick d/heads with a Scania with Kelsas and Hellas, whilst paying them peanuts, which makes a mockery of the industry.

Right …could Mr White please send me a signed photo for my bedroom. :wink: :laughing: :laughing: .

I know about as much about him as you and I wasn’t getting at you by the way, it’s just less knowledgable people on here seem to want to criticise just about every boss, there are a few good ones out there apparently :laughing: by the way mr White if you are that good have you got any jobs going? :astonished: :grimacing:

Don’t know if i’ve ever seen a White’s motor out on the road, and i have no axe to grind either way because that’s not the sort of work i want to do, however those new Volvos look smart to me and if i was issued one it would still look like that after a million kms.

The thing is how quickly that new expensive equipment can look shabby, by not being cleaned properly and regularly, and by the constant negligent damage dents and scrapes which happen so regularly with some drivers, a good image needs to be operated and driven well to promote the overall package.
You only have to see some of the really large high profile fleets out on the road to see the difference, filthy scraped motors often badly driven and because the pay and attitude stinks they too often end up scraping the barrel for staff…and there is nothing more annoying if you do look after your motor that the company allow any bloody fool out in it so the vehicle becomes just another scraped bent wreck that the previous caring drivers then gives up on :bulb:

If White’s have found that treating their staff with respect, offering them decent terms and conditions, providing them with good equipment to use has resulted in most of their drivers appreciating what they have and in return doing their best to make the job last, which includes looking after the kit as if it was their own…then isn’t that a lot better way to do and stay in business than the other methods?
No doubt White’s have cherry picked their drivers, be daft not to, good luck to the company and drivers.

On a personal note, a mate who was a seriously good car mechanic once said to me, clean windows mirrors and wheels and the car looks right, that’s equally true with lorries, you can have the most spotless cab but if the windows/mirrors are minging, the wheels are covered in years of overbraking dust and the fuel tank looks 10 years old when its 10 months…

New shiny trucks, does that mean you need new shiny drivers also :smiley: