New motors for Ray White

bald bloke:

sweet truck haul:

bald bloke:
0What a good looking bunch and a lovely colour too.

Does anyone actually care■■?

It’s a trucking forum for truckers and enthusiasts and a fair few would be interested and are interested hence why I posted it, if you’re not interested in a subject do what I do and that’s don’t comment and move on.

Really??
I do sometimes wonder.
Shall I collect your toys out of your pram or would you prefer me to collect them for you?

sweet truck haul:

bald bloke:

sweet truck haul:

bald bloke:
0What a good looking bunch and a lovely colour too.

Does anyone actually care■■?

It’s a trucking forum for truckers and enthusiasts and a fair few would be interested and are interested hence why I posted it, if you’re not interested in a subject do what I do and that’s don’t comment and move on.

Really??
I do sometimes wonder.
Shall I collect your toys out of your pram or would you prefer me to collect them for you?

You alright luv? You need a lie down or something?

Stop being argumentative just for the sake of being argumentative.

Like Baldy said if you don’t like or have no interest in the thread - DON’T join in!

Looks like they already come with polished wheels and tanks. That’ll save the guys who get them a whole load of work. Whilst it isn’t something I could be bothered to do myself you’ve got to admit they look damned nice.

I believe…

Pulleyn’s insisted on drivers polishing alloy wheels and supplied all the kit to do it with. That may have changed now.

yourhavingalarf:
I believe…

Pulleyn’s insisted on drivers polishing alloy wheels and supplied all the kit to do it with. That may have changed now.

Durabrights.

Night-and-day:

Punchy Dan:

scotstrucker:

Night-and-day:
A bit of a step down from the V8’s though

they traded in the white fh 500’s for them so there no step down, the 540 dual clutch will easily keep up with the 580 v8 and probably beat them on fuel

^^^^this ,my m8 at lomas says the same .

All down to personal taste but if I drove for him I’d be thinking it was a big step down

the lads that probably get them wont be the lads on the v8’s so be no down come at all

scotstrucker:

Night-and-day:

they traded in the white fh 500’s for them so there no step down, the 540 dual clutch will easily keep up with the 580 v8 and probably beat them on fuel

Dual clutch is the future, no matter how good you were on a manual you’re not beating a dual clutch.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Munchkin:

scotstrucker:

Night-and-day:

Dual clutch is the future, no matter how good you were on a manual you’re not beating a dual clutch.

This. Though alas for Whites these aren’t dual clutch

Beetlejuice:
They do look nice ,I wonder if they are losing wages to get shiny trucks .
They are just shiny blue work horses anyway you look at it .

In my 20+ year long career I have NEVER been offered a nice truck for less money or hear of anyone else who has. It’s an old myth and certainly not the case at Whites

switchlogic:

Beetlejuice:
They do look nice ,I wonder if they are losing wages to get shiny trucks .
They are just shiny blue work horses anyway you look at it .

In my 20+ year long career I have NEVER been offered a nice truck for less money or hear of anyone else who has. It’s an old myth and certainly not the case at Whites

They do look lush though Luke it looks like they’re ready to be picked up. I always prefer a more understated truck/car to a flashy specimen if you know what I mean .

I don’t know the whites at all only what I see on the web same as most people , what I do see is a family operation that has well planned work , needing the driver and goods to travel long distances either to meet a delivery point or changeover point , most of this work would be perishable goods , hence the need for reliable trucks , the driver will be putting in a good days work and the whites have gave him the tools to do the job with , in return the driver looks after the truck he has been allocated with some pride .
, after all it is his home and will spend most of his time in it , who wouldn’t want a good spec motor .
as in the comment [ who is interested ] well quite frankly ,im sure if you arrived at mr whites yard for a job he would,nt be interested in you as a driver .
it takes a rare breed of a driver to do this type of work , one with dedication and commitment to see the job through and one that deserves top quality kit .
many years ago this work would have been done by one man one truck one hit , sometimes you just cant win in this game

^^^^^^^^^^^ well put chipliner

Gardner6LYT:
Are they FH16’s?

If it was an fh16 there would be 5 or 600 signs and stickers letting you know

4 New FH13 540’s ready to Go. On the road Monday. Lowered the 5th Wheel Height by changing tyres to 315/70’s with a change of Diff Settings. Fridge / Microwave and TV Prep Pack. Durabright Wheels. Metallic Paint. Silver Grills. Couple Kelsa Bars and Air Horns ready to go on one of them. Hope the drivers keep them looking like this. Beautiful Trucks. Thanks to Ernest at Volvo Avonmouth

From Ray Whites FB page

old_n07:

4 New FH13 540’s ready to Go. On the road Monday. Lowered the 5th Wheel Height by changing tyres to 315/70’s with a change of Diff Settings. Fridge / Microwave and TV Prep Pack. Durabright Wheels. Metallic Paint. Silver Grills. Couple Kelsa Bars and Air Horns ready to go on one of them. Hope the drivers keep them looking like this. Beautiful Trucks. Thanks to Ernest at Volvo Avonmouth

From Ray Whites FB page

another thing that should be said is that it is a considerable investment along with the 3 x 650 scanias on order as well so it says whites are looking forward even with the upheaval and uncertainty of brexit.

Munchkin:

scotstrucker:

Night-and-day:

:laughing: Ever used a Twin Splitter?

old_n07:

From Ray Whites FB page

Should have left the diff as it was.

chipliner:
I don’t know the whites at all only what I see on the web same as most people , what I do see is a family operation that has well planned work , needing the driver and goods to travel long distances either to meet a delivery point or changeover point , most of this work would be perishable goods , hence the need for reliable trucks , the driver will be putting in a good days work and the whites have gave him the tools to do the job with , in return the driver looks after the truck he has been allocated with some pride .
, after all it is his home and will spend most of his time in it , who wouldn’t want a good spec motor .
as in the comment [ who is interested ] well quite frankly ,im sure if you arrived at mr whites yard for a job he would,nt be interested in you as a driver .
it takes a rare breed of a driver to do this type of work , one with dedication and commitment to see the job through and one that deserves top quality kit .
many years ago this work would have been done by one man one truck one hit , sometimes you just cant win in this game

Ray was the one man one truck one hit back in the late 70’s , through sheer hard work he’s built a decent business with much better trucks than his old F88 . Fairly certain he looks after his drivers well and appreciates their efforts to get the job done , one of his part time guys is a forum member and might like to confirm this comment .
Spot on with your post chipliner , being successful isn’t a crime .

Drempels:

Munchkin:

scotstrucker:

Night-and-day:

:laughing: Ever used a Twin Splitter?

yeah, had 3 trucks with the eaton twinsplitter fitted and it would have been as good as the volvo i shift

I see TNUK hasn’t changed much since I’ve been away [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk