New GF driving a very large motor home

Crossroads:
I hired this one in the south of France during the summer - 8.5m / 6ton:

As a practice run for when I retire, (aim to get something 9-10m long built on a 7.5t or possibly 10/12t chassis, hence getting my class C licence).
I finished my class C course & failed my first test. :blush: just before going - not a problem as my ‘grandfathers’ C1 entitlement covered it.
TBH it was more awkward to drive than Peter Smythe’s 12t Eurocargo - just as big, a sight less maneuverable, (fwd = turning circle like the Titanic) and only sported 2 of the 6 mirrors we’re used to. It had a reversing camera, but that was next to useless.

I drove a small camper van, (Ducato based 6m / 3.5t) round Austria/Bavaria last year, which was easy. Dare say I could have managed the tag axle beast without any help. but completing a class C practical course made it much, much easier.
If your GF has C1 entitlement, she doesn’t technically need anything more but I’d be amazed if she didn’t find it challenging.
As others have said, give Peter Smythe or a local driver training provider a try.
You may think my decision to get a class C licence is extreme, but when you’re inching something that size through busy traffic mindful of your 2000€ deposit it makes perfect sense.

That wagon looks the business.

What kind of money are we talking about for a week or two in that baby?

Where can you find this caliber of camper for rent?

After seeing your photo I searched the net and could only find 5-6 berth max, van type campers for rent.

Thanks in advance for any tips/guidance.

Hurryup&wait:
That wagon looks the business.

What kind of money are we talking about for a week or two in that baby?

Where can you find this caliber of camper for rent?

After seeing your photo I searched the net and could only find 5-6 berth max, van type campers for rent.

Thanks in advance for any tips/guidance.

Roughly 80 - 100€/day, depending on mileage and time of year. Found that one on yescapa.com it’s a website where private owners rent their own vans. Drove to Montpellier in my own car, then a 10 day hire and back home.