New found respect for rigid drivers

wide-load85:
you think a rigid’s bad, try one with 10ft rear overhang and 13ft on the back…lovely bit of tailswing :laughing:

There’s always a someone with a bigger one isn’t there.

Carryfast:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3jcs5iuI1o

Yeah, but they had power steering. :slight_smile:

Harry Monk:
On the odd occasion when I drive a rigid, I always turn the steering wheel the wrong way when I’m reversing. :stuck_out_tongue:

I do that in the car on weekends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peterm:

Carryfast:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3jcs5iuI1o

Yeah, but they had power steering. :slight_smile:

But they weren’t going to get an artic up and down there with or without it.Taking a shunt with an artic usually just gets you into even more trouble and obviously not an option in that case.:smiling_imp: :laughing:

FlopFlips:

Harry Monk:
On the odd occasion when I drive a rigid, I always turn the steering wheel the wrong way when I’m reversing. :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you also subconsciously avoid weight limits and low bridges? Not that I’d do such a thing! Oh no Siree, not me. :blush: :blush:

the maoster:

FlopFlips:

Harry Monk:

Do you also subconsciously avoid weight limits and low bridges? Not that I’d do such a thing! Oh no Siree, not me. :blush: :blush:

And take way too wide a line for a car. Do you forget to change gears because you’re in an automatic all week?

My car is auto too so it’s no bother, I do however find myself shuddering to a halt in the GF’s car at traffic lights in 4th gear sometimes. :blush:

As an aside. When I first started driving buses donkey’s years ago, I found meself nearly stopping at bus stops in the car on the way home. :blush:

the maoster:
My car is auto too so it’s no bother, I do however find myself shuddering to a halt in the GF’s car at traffic lights in 4th gear sometimes. :blush:

Yeah, that’s what I do too, forget yo change down when stopping or slowing down till the car starts shuddering or stalls completely. [emoji2357]

peterm:
As an aside. When I first started driving buses donkey’s years ago, I found meself nearly stopping at bus stops in the car on the way home. :blush:

a good way to meet women, taking them and their shopping home! [emoji6]

FlopFlips:

the maoster:

Yeah, that’s what I do too, forget yo change down when stopping or slowing down till the car starts shuddering or stalls completely. [emoji2357]

Or when in the car pull the right hand stalk down and wonder why you aren’t slowing down as you come to a roundabout :blush:

Mazzer2:

FlopFlips:

the maoster:

Or when in the car pull the right hand stalk down and wonder why you aren’t slowing down as you come to a roundabout :blush:

And you feel the only retardation is in your noggin. Yup. [emoji2357]

FlopFlips:

peterm:

a good way to meet women, taking them and their shopping home! [emoji6]

Never thought of that. :laughing: