Artic!

Well having passed my Rigid a few weeks ago, l am off to JLD in banbury to do my Bendy!!!
On the one hand l cannot wait to get behind the wheel…l have always wanted to drive one, but on the other hand l am a bit worried l will find it really difficult and feel really lost?? Or is that normal to start with??
Any tips/advice much appreciated :smiley:

I’ll give you 30 mins max behind the wheel before you feel comfortable with it :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Is it any wider than the rigid - nope
Are the brakes different - nope
Is your general approach speed to hazards any different than the rigid - nope
In a dead straight line, is it any different to a very long rigid - nope

Will you have to position slightly differently than the rigid for some hazards - yup
Does the method for getting around those hazards differ from the rigid - yup
Is it easier to get around many hazards easier than an 8 legger rigid - yup
(only known if you have ever driven an 8 legger - the turning circle is crap!!)
Will it do a ‘U’ turn on itself in less space than a rigid - yup
Will it have more blind spots especially if not dead straight - yup

Does it go backards differently to a rigid - yup - the silly thing bends :confused: :confused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

grovegarage:
l am off to JLD in banbury to do my Bendy!!!

Say hello to site member Big D (Dave) for me please

Thanks Rog…put me at ease a little!

Big Dave is laid up at the moment with a bad back :frowning: so his assistant, who is even better than Dave (his words not mine) is taking me :smiley:

grovegarage:
so his assistant, who is even better than Dave (his words not mine) is taking me :smiley:

Thats a novel way to resign He He :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Good Luck with the Artc no problem.

grovegarage:
Thanks Rog…put me at ease a little!

Big Dave is laid up at the moment with a bad back :frowning: so his assistant, who is even better than Dave (his words not mine) is taking me :smiley:

Looking forward to seeing you again for the Artic :smiley: remind me again how many minors you got under my instruction (and then remind Chris your instructor in the morning). LOL! You will be fine enjoy the course and i will see you when i can walk again.

Oh Yes Chris is also a partner in the business (so give him some stick about the assistant bit) :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: