Artic to rigid : "You're turning the wrong bloody way!&

:open_mouth:

What a nightmare…! Took a 17.5 tonner out to deliver a local job on Tuesday afternoon… Had to spin it round in the customer’s yard which involved a couple of shunts. Well, I was watching in the mirror for the trailer going the other way and it wasn’t happening :exclamation: :question: What’s going on? :unamused: I’m turning the wheel the right way ? The automatic instinct of turning the wheel the other way when reversing an artic had set in big time and I was reversing the rigid back in the same direction I’d come from LOL! :smiley: Has anyone else suffered this articitis virus ?! I find myself having similar problems when reversing the unit when I’m bob-tail and have to pause for a good few seconds to work out which way I should be turning the wheel LOL :sunglasses:

Believe it or not - I often find my self reversing the car the wrong way into the space outside my house after driving an artic all day :unamused:

Yeah, every time I drop the trailer and go for diesel. They must have got used to it by now 'cause they usually watch me out in the unit :open_mouth: :confused: :smiley: .

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I thought I was the only one, the last time I took a rigid out I had to take a shunt on a mini roundabout :open_mouth: they just don’t turn and as for reversing them they won’t behave. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I do exactly the same on the odd occasion when I drive a rigid.

I always look on the bright side- at least it gives the two dozen drivers watching me make a complete pig`s ear of it at the RDC a good laugh! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Vince

LOL, been there, done that. The other thing that catchesme out is the complete lack of a turning circle. I’ve gone full lock to go into an entrance only to find myself heading towards a wall or gatepost.

AND THE MOST ANNOYING PART?. We have loading bays with only a few inches either side of the trailer. Now I can bang a trailer in there first time everytime no problem. You ought to see me trying to reverse a rigid in. Anyone would question whether I’d passed my test or not.

Nope never done that, :sunglasses: well not since last Saturday when I had a rigid :blush: :blush: :laughing:

01752:
Believe it or not - I often find my self reversing the car the wrong way into the space outside my house after driving an artic all day :unamused:

I never do that but I find I do need 60 feet of space to park my car in.

I did once badly hurt my hand when I reached upwards to turn on the radio.

And I pay far more attention to bridge height signs than a Ford Sierra driver strictly needs to.

Vince

Yep, can’t drive a car to save my life… :blush: :wink: :laughing:

(Mind you, I’m not much better in the wagon… :open_mouth: )

There’s a good quantity of very easy jokes in reply to that Luce but I just can’t be arsed tonight… :sunglasses:

Rereading that, I can see your point…ahem…! :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Let me embarress myslef further. My companny where stuffed and they needed a rigid driver. I thought I can do that. Got the day done witout hitting something. I don’t know if anyone knows the junction with the A607 and Dalby Road at Melton Mowbray (next to the BP garage) but I had to take a frigging shut to get round that corner at the lights. Admittdley the artic driver opposite watching held up his hand and laughed, but if I have a choice never again.

Do I see a little respect for us Class 2 drivers creeping in here :wink:

I always said that it’s easier to reverse a rig that bends in the middle lol…

I agree martin, i cant stand driving rigids, i find artics much easier to reverse and manouvre.

:smiley: All hail the class 2 lads, come to think of it, even after getting out of the volvo fl220, the little ■■■■■■ still seems to need 60 ft to reverse into the driveway!!! Im starting to think class1 should be a gift!!(joke, Im dreading it).

regards

kev

Martin:
Do I see a little respect for us Class 2 drivers creeping in here :wink:

You must be joking :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I can blind side reverse an artic into a parallel parking space next to a kerb/line and park it an inch off the kerb. I can’t do it in my car, into exactly the same space :blush: :blush: :unamused:

Martin:
Do I see a little respect for us Class 2 drivers creeping in here .

In 17 years, I have never even met a class 1 licence holder who considers himself to be superior to a class 2 licence holder in any way, shape or form.

"Were *First-Class* and youre only Second-Class ■■?

No Matey. It just doesn`t happen that way.

Vince