My licence expired today

mine took 6 months…and i renew it annually…anyway…i never ever send off my existing licence as i need it for work…but on saying that, although i can use it in the UK, its not acceptable to go across the pond, as they dont recognise an out of date licence…and cannot check on it, whereas DVSA or whatever theyre called this week, can access DVLA database and do their own checks…the scripture writes that you may continue to drive, providing there is no medical reason why you shouldnt.
I did tell DVLA that over the 6 months they had my licence, i had lost £12.000 in lost wages…they sent me a cheque by return post. :smiley:

truckyboy:
I did tell DVLA that over the 6 months they had my licence, i had lost £12.000 in lost wages…they sent me a cheque by return post. :smiley:

12 quid?..

I’d be asking for a raise. :smiley:

Its all there on the GOV website

The reason you need the section 88 letter is because, if you are stopped by the authorities and they check online you have no entitlement to drive. If you have the letter you do.

chaversdad:

Its all there on the GOV website[/quot
DVsa told me on more than one occasion your lisense had expired and until it was renewed you cannot drive , I for the life of me can’t see why they’d tell you that if it was as simple as to issue with the form you highlight , check with robroy but I’m sure he was being told the same , lisense expired and until DVsa process it you can’t drive a Lorry

chaversdad:

Its all there on the GOV website

I’d also add it wasn’t just the case team at DVsa saying I couldn’t drive until my lisense was processed but also the traffic commissioners office that my application was sent to , they said even though there was no more action to be taken by them on my lisense ( already dealt with ) and they’d informed DVsa of this I still could not commence driving a Lorry until DVsa had processed my application
very strange , maybe your right , but if case team at DVsa / traffic commissioners office say you can’t drive until your application is processed I’ll go along with them even though it cost me 6 days unpaid leave I think it was

here you go mine was sent to t/ c , s office and on speaking to them they said the same as case team at DVsa , you can’t drive a Lorry until application is processed

dozy:
here you go mine was sent to t/ c , s office and on speaking to them they said the same as case team at DVsa , you can’t drive a Lorry until application is processed

Maybe the difference is that your licence was involved with the TC?

In a normal renewal maybe DVLA would simply issue a S88 letter and all’s good to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just rang DVLA and was told to carry on, mine expired on 11th June (no letter needed)

chaversdad:
Just rang DVLA and was told to carry on, mine expired on 11th June (no letter needed)

Totally understand where you’re coming from with that mate, and I also totally agree that I can still legally drive, my point was that my Co have a policy of no licence no drive. They also have a policy of paying my average wage whilst I can no longer drive. Currently I’m typing this in the bedroom of my hotel room in Windermere prior to having a wander down to the lake and taking a boat trip! :smiley: :smiley:

the maoster:

chaversdad:

Totally understand where you’re coming from with that mate, and I also totally agree that I can still legally drive, my point was that my Co have a policy of no licence no drive. They also have a policy of paying my average wage whilst I can no longer drive. Currently I’m typing this in the bedroom of my hotel room in Windermere prior to having a wander down to the lake and taking a boat trip! :smiley: :smiley:

Brilliant make the most of the paid freetime

the maoster:

chaversdad:

Luckily your company is paying you, I can see a lot of companies using it as an excuse not to pay saying it’s driver responsibility to make sure licence renewed etc

Enjoy the lakes !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the maoster:

chaversdad:

Sounds amazing.

I’d be trying to get the DVLA to delay getting me a licence back longterm. Try asking for the address/photo to be changed at the same time :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Don’t employers continue to let one drive - based on the DVLA data they can now log in to get the latest version of?

Since we done away with the paper licence bits, I can’t think of any reason one would be in trouble for not having a pink card for an extended period - providing the computer data is done and up to scratch of course…

I dunno where one would stand on “not having a blue card” though, as I understand any pro driver can get fined if they cannot produce it on request by a VOSA officer?

Fair play then mate, cant go wrong there but to update my post mine has just come back today and i didnt post it until Saturday the 9th of June

the maoster:
. Currently I’m typing this in the bedroom of my hotel room in Windermere prior to having a wander down to the lake and taking a boat trip! :smiley: :smiley:

Don’t want to rub it in but my work has me in a hotel in Washington (The UK one). :laughing:

the maoster:

chaversdad:

I got paid Jack ■■■■ when I had same problem mate, so I ■■■■ off to Cyprus for a week.
Hang on, just remembered I am you, but I aint in Windermere I’m in Devon, and how can I be you when I’m much better looking than you anyway, or is it me, am I posting under the right name here :blush: …Christ I’m confused now.
Easier if I just stick with my Carryfast persona. :smiley: …don’t want to bring all that up again. :laughing:

Took only 2 weeks to sort me out Maost, but if I were (really :smiley: ) you mate and getting paid, I would maybe mislay it for a couple of weeks after it arrived. :wink: :smiley:

Lake District ■■ Boat trip ■■?
FFS , what happened to shunting ■■
Standards are dropping , enjoy
Jim

I didn’t get paid for 6 days but I still managed a week abroad !!

In an effort to combine this and the "view from your windscreen " thread I shall post what I’ve been doing today whilst some pencil neck at head office desperately tries to figure out how not to pay me! :smiley:

IMG_0829.JPG