Ah Crap...

Gone and renewed my digi card seeing as it expired a month ago even though I had no intention of driving again.

Is this the start of the slippery slope that’ll end up with me behind the wheel again? Its nearly 4 years, I’ve held out longer than I ever have before but I’m starting to break…

1 down 1 to go get your DCPC booked and you will be laughing.

I wouldn’t say it was the best time ever to drive a truck if there is some other way you can earn a living. Still, if you are aware of that then good luck.

How many weeks before the digicard expired did DVLA send you a reminder?

Mine’s up for renewal later this year (second time this year as well!) and I’m wondering if I should jump the gun to make sure I get it in time…

Winseer:

Mine’s up for renewal later this year (second time this year as well!) and I’m wondering if I should jump the gun to make sure I get it in time…

Mine too, I got my reminder about a month ago, it expires end of October. Valid for 5mths :unamused:

alamcculloch:
1 down 1 to go get your DCPC booked and you will be laughing.

Don’t need it for another 2 years.

Harry Monk:
I wouldn’t say it was the best time ever to drive a truck if there is some other way you can earn a living. Still, if you are aware of that then good luck.

Well I did it for the thick end of 20 years and I doubt much has changed - crap hours, low pay, unrealistic delivery schedules, forkies ignoring you, goods in staff ignoring you…

You left out the knuckle draggers you have to put up with in RDC’s with their bull crap,mainly container drivers from Manchester who can’t hold down a job,who spends most of their time on here belittling others who can stay in a job for longer than 5 mins :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Conor:
Well I did it for the thick end of 20 years and I doubt much has changed - crap hours, low pay, unrealistic delivery schedules, forkies ignoring you, goods in staff ignoring you…

Might I gently suggest that a generally less acerbic approach may be helpful? :wink:

Thetaff:
You left out the knuckle draggers you have to put up with in RDC’s with their bull crap,mainly container drivers from Manchester who can’t hold down a job,who spends most of their time on here belittling others who can stay in a job for longer than 5 mins :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

If once again you’re trying to bait me ■■■■■■■■ I’m not a container driver anymore, at least get your facts straight.

But you are correct that I can’t stay in a job, or won’t… Either way, yes, I’ve had FAR too many jobs, whether by my choice or my employers, but as I said in that post, I got the mentality from when I was on PSV, lost my 1st PSV job which I was really happy in and thought I’d be there till I retired, and walked into another, so never took any ■■■■ after that and if I don’t like something, I go, instead of ■■■■■■■■ and moaning on here or in RDC’s :unamused:

You can take the wagon and drag thread I started earlier this year as an example, 3 weeks in a firm, didn’t like it, knew things were bad on the outside, but I still left, because I’d rather not work somewhere I’m not happy. Speaking of which, better add that job to the list too :open_mouth:

I will add though, MOST of those jobs are agency, as you can see by the lack of FT after their name, sure I’ve still had a LOT of full time jobs, but agency work is like that, you do a day here, a week there, 3mths here, 2 weeks there etc. It’s all experience :wink:

Harry Monk:

Conor:

Might I gently suggest that a generally less acerbic approach may be helpful? :wink:

Oh I’ve got forkies sussed mate. Honed my skills on Hull docks. It’d get to within 20 minutes of tea break and I’d roll up to get loaded. They’d give me the tale of woe about it being 20 minutes to mugga, I’d say too bloody right, I’ll get my dinner whilst you’re having your break and magically most of the time they’d discover the ability to load me.

waynedl:

Winseer:

Mine too, I got my reminder about a month ago, it expires end of October. Valid for 5mths :unamused:

Hmm mine expires before that, and I’ve yet to get a reminder. :open_mouth:

Winseer:

waynedl:

Winseer:

Don’t wait for 1 then, it’s probably not coming, get a form from post office or dvla and get it sorted. Believe it can take around 21 days?

They send you a new 1 out, you don’t send yours back, you’ve got to carry your old 1 for 28 days after it expires.

Thanks, I think I’d better do just that!

I can’t work out how come I’ve apparently forgotten the procedure despite doing it earlier this year… :blush:
(I thought you could renew online or over the phone!) :unamused:

Winseer:
Thanks, I think I’d better do just that!

I can’t work out how come I’ve apparently forgotten the procedure despite doing it earlier this year… :blush:
(I thought you could renew online or over the phone!) :unamused:

Not sure on that mate, you might be able to?

waynedl:

Winseer:

Don’t wait for 1 then, it’s probably not coming, get a form from post office or dvla and get it sorted. Believe it can take around 21 days?

They send you a new 1 out, you don’t send yours back, you’ve got to carry your old 1 for 28 days after it expires.

I downloaded the form off the internet and posted it off on Monday. It arrived yesterday, Thursday, so 4 day turnaround - basically done by return of post.

And on the radio today, agency advert for drivers. I think someone is trying to tell me something…

It’s easy just call them up and do it over the phone, paid by debit card and had new digi card within a few days

X 2mtd:
It’s easy just call them up and do it over the phone, paid by debit card and had new digi card within a few days

replacement or renewal? My card expires in October, new card already here but didn’t pay a penny.

Conor:

Harry Monk:

Conor:

Oh I’ve got forkies sussed mate. Honed my skills on Hull docks. It’d get to within 20 minutes of tea break and I’d roll up to get loaded. They’d give me the tale of woe about it being 20 minutes to mugga, I’d say too bloody right, I’ll get my dinner whilst you’re having your break and magically most of the time they’d discover the ability to load me.

Ahhh the old reverse physchology ploy…works every time :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

toowise:
Ahhh the old reverse physchology ploy…works every time :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Yep, absolutely the best thing to do if the forkie is stroppy and tells you that you’re going to be waiting several hours before you are attended to is to say “Cracking! I’m knackered so I’ll just be in the bunk having a sleep, wake me up when you’re ready but there’s no rush”.

Nothing, but nothing ■■■■■■ off a stroppy forkie more than the thought of somebody snoring away while he’s working, guaranteed he’ll be banging on your door within 10 minutes. :stuck_out_tongue:

If you start to eat something in the cab,they will come over to you fast,it works for me,and get tipped.