animal:

Laup:

Goldfinger:

animal:
They pay about £8.50 per hr or did few years back

Food for thought then…

Did you apply?

Not worth it as they won’t employe me simple due to fact I am female

How bloody sexist ! :imp: some of you ladies can drive better than most men could ever do :blush:

animal:

Laup:

Goldfinger:

animal:

Food for thought then…

Did you apply?

So you won’t apply and they haven’t hired you?

I’m pretty sure Murray Hogg wouldn’t employ me if I didn’t apply either.

Do you have any proof that they won’t employ you for that reason?

A.

Adonis.:

animal:

Food for thought then…

Did you apply?
[/quote]
[/quote]

Have applied before in fact a couple times only to be told they done want / need drivers but they had advertised & I was also told they needed drivers yep it does happen there is 1 women driver on here who does have proof with a company as she phoned they didn’t need a driver an hour later her husband called oh yes we do need drivers

A.
[/quote]

'Twas I. :wink:

animal:

Adonis.:

animal:

Food for thought then…

Did you apply?

[/quote]

Have applied before in fact a couple times only to be told they done want / need drivers but they had advertised & I was also told they needed drivers yep it does happen there is 1 women driver on here who does have proof with a company as she phoned they didn’t need a driver an hour later her husband called oh yes we do need drivers

A.
[/quote]

[/quote]
Im sure youre correct. In spite of the laws about equal rights sexism still exists.
We had a female driver start with us a while back, another driver saw her and was spluttering/speechless:
“Weve got a woman driving for us!" "Oh, right." "But, shes a woman”
“Right”
Waving his arms and going red “A Woman !”
Hard to believe in the 21st century.
I can see if youre putting with crap like that all the time its difficult to see the funny side, but good luck.

So you applied, and weren’t hired and given the reason of ‘we don’t need drivers’?

You weren’t told that it was because you are a woman?

A.

Adonis.:
So you applied, and weren’t hired and given the reason of ‘we don’t need drivers’?

You weren’t told that it was because you are a woman?

A.

I would guess that knowing such a statement would be illegal they wouldn`t have said that.

In my case I applied - this was to a Stockton firm, not the Happy Pigs btw - by phone, spoke to one of the office staff who said yes, they needed drivers, and to come in and see them the following Saturday morning (I was tramping out of Hull at the time).

I arrived to find both him and the gaffer there, announced who I was, the gaffer glared at his monkey then said “Sorry love, we don’t need anyone.” Slightly ■■■■■■ off, not least because I’d lost out on Saturday run in pay to get there, I told my dearly beloved what had happened. He then immediately rang up and spoke to the aforementioned gaffer who asked him when he could start.

Make of that what you will, but it genuinely does happen in the North East - or it did in 2004, and I’ve heard on the grapevine that not much has changed at that firm since.

My firm had a 23 year old girl start last September on class2 Katie now drives class 1 and still loves the job and she’s very much part of the team and one of the boys , none of us men at my place are cave men or stuck in the Victorian era as regards to women drivers
But hey my firm is on the south coast and not the far north east which still seems to be stuck in 19th century

blue estate:
My firm had a 23 year old girl start last September on class2 Katie now drives class 1 and still loves the job and she’s very much part of the team and one of the boys , none of us men at my place are cave men or stuck in the Victorian era as regards to women drivers
But hey my firm is on the south coast and not the far north east which still seems to be stuck in 19th century

I personally am a bit of a caveman,like my old traditional values etc…
But if a lass can drive a truck,train or bus whatever bring it on she is one of us

Interesting info coming to light here…

Goldfinger:
Interesting info coming to light here…

In that a woman didn’t get a job there and has assumed it is because she is a woman? Rather than it being any one of a multitude of reasons for not hiring someone? Also broadcasting it on a public forum with no proof, I’ll add.

I don’t know much about the company other than they run Mercs, do chipboard out of Egger and don’t seem to go very fast.

A.

On their website this morning:
murrayhogg.co.uk/index.php/job-vacancies

"We currently have vacancies for the following:

General Haulage

Class 1 & 2 LGV Operating out of Newcastle upon Tyne, Mexborough S Yorks. & Hull

Car Transporters

Class 1 LGV"
Whether or not their website is updated regularly I wouldn`t know. Says they have 120 employees, given there are 1.2% female LGV drivers in the UK, I think, it would be no surprise if there are no females currently there. Depending on the turnover of drivers it may be an anomaly if they have NEVER had a female driver?

Who cares if they’ve never had a woman driver?

Does that suddenly make them bad people because out of the tiny amount of women that drive in this industry, none work for them?

Best to keep in mind there is no proof they are sexist, not having any female drivers isn’t proof either.

A.

Adonis.:
Who cares if they’ve never had a woman driver?

Does that suddenly make them bad people because out of the tiny amount of women that drive in this industry, none work for them?

Best to keep in mind there is no proof they are sexist, not having any female drivers isn’t proof either.

A.

If any company have employed several hundred drivers over the years, and never had a single female driver, then that may be circumstantial evidence of discrimination. Not proof in itself, true.
If an employer can discriminate against one group, then they could equally discriminate against others. Be it people of a different ■■■, or maybe someone the boss thinks is too old, or a member of a union, or someone who sticks up for themselves. If an employer gets away with discrimination in haulage shouldnt employers get away with it in other industries too? If a person is qualified and capable of doing the job, it shouldnt matter what the ■■■, age, religion, hair colour, etc of any candidate is. Maybe youre a boring beige coloured person with no distinguishing features, who has no female friends, but if youve anything about about you, why would you think its acceptable for any group to be badly treated? What if your daughter was refused a well paid job she has paid good money to train for, and wants to do because "shes a girl"? What if your son was refused a job training as a lawyer because his dad was a mere lorry driver? Prejudice comes in lots of different flavours, but all leave a nasty taste in the mouth.

Franglais:
If any company have employed several hundred drivers over the years, and never had a single female driver, then that may be circumstantial evidence of discrimination. Not proof in itself, true.
If an employer can discriminate against one group, then they could equally discriminate against others. Be it people of a different ■■■, or maybe someone the boss thinks is too old, or a member of a union, or someone who sticks up for themselves. If an employer gets away with discrimination in haulage shouldnt employers get away with it in other industries too? If a person is qualified and capable of doing the job, it shouldnt matter what the ■■■, age, religion, hair colour, etc of any candidate is. Maybe youre a boring beige coloured person with no distinguishing features, who has no female friends, but if youve anything about about you, why would you think its acceptable for any group to be badly treated? What if your daughter was refused a well paid job she has paid good money to train for, and wants to do because "shes a girl"? What if your son was refused a job training as a lawyer because his dad was a mere lorry driver? Prejudice comes in lots of different flavours, but all leave a nasty taste in the mouth.

Did you actually read my post?

Where did I say it’s acceptable for women to be discriminated against? I have no idea what you’re wittering on about with beige colours or what it has to do with the fact a woman didn’t get a job somewhere and has assumed it is because she is a woman, with no proof of that fact.

There is no proof that they discriminate, other than the word of an anonymous person who may or may not be female, may or may not have even applied there.

2 years ago you could say the same about my company, they didn’t have any female drivers. They had 1 apply and prang a motor on an assesment drive, she didn’t get the job, is that nasty discrimination?

Get over yourself, not everything is out to make women the poor victim.

A.