Moving to Fraserburgh

Bluey Circles:

elsa Lad:
my biggest fear in moving to Scotland would be " Nicola Sturgeon " :imp:

aye - so much worse than May & Westminster :unamused:

No I’m not a fan of Mrs May but Nicola Sturgeon I can’t bear that woman

alamcculloch:
Be aware that its a bitterly cold place with winds coming down from Greenland and In from the North Sea, also the language barrier as well. Look up Doric on the webby thing and get some practice in.

Aye I no mate, I’ve been up before visiting her parents and I’m not too bad with Doric I’ve been with her for 9 years so I can understand most of it, unless I choose not to :slight_smile:

elsa Lad:

Bluey Circles:

elsa Lad:

aye - so much worse than May & Westminster :unamused:

No I’m not a fan of Mrs May but Nicola Sturgeon I can’t bear that woman

she’s more for the working man than westminster, but like a lot of politics now its more a case of who you detest the least - but anyway, enough of that bolluxs.

Back to the OP - given a choice between Bradford and Fraserburgh I would be heading north, I love it up there, great place, great weather, great people, great communities. yeah, the dorics a bit different but it has to be a bit more understandable than many of the Bradford languages.

slower pace of life up there, relgious because of the fishing, less murders than bradford, a big ee presence in the broch, watch out for the bronx folk there nutters ( thats what we call marconi road in the broch) if you dont fancy driving there gray and adams the fridgevan builders, a few fish factories, or try a hand on a trawler which is great fun in a force 9 100 mile off the coast

Tommyb6_6:

dieseldog999:
get a few episodes of hb fash under your belt then by the time you get a start,you will understand what all the teuchters are slabbering about and save yoursle some embarrassment by not havint to ask what theyre meaning.
youtube.com/watch?v=C1an2G8 … jjJFDBmskF

I’ve been with her for 9 years mate and still don’t have a clue what she’s saying to me

^^^^^^^^^^
that might not be a bad thing? :smiley:

Tommyb6_6:
Hi all I passed my class one in may this year and have been in employment since June with a company in Yorkshire, my gf has moved back to where she’s from which is Fraserburgh and she’s asked me to go live up there with her, I was just wondering if anybody could tell me of any companies in that area that do accept new drivers, I’ve spoken with craib and they said they’d be happy to speak with me when I move but they are 45 miles from where she lives, which if it comes to it I will do but I’d love something close, any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Speak to craibs again and ask them specifically about working on the brewdog contact at Ellon or being based at Peterhead either on Asco or Strachan’s.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

elsa Lad:

She can have her Scottish independence, then the Brits can put up the physical borders, immigration and passport control to keep her out of England :laughing:

Plenty of refrigerated companies around there if you don’t fancy the endless slog up and down the A90 with oil rig bits, worth it for the pie and chips in the beach cafe alone.

peirre:

elsa Lad:

She can have her Scottish independence, then the Brits can put up the physical borders, immigration and passport control to keep her out of England :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

scotstrucker:
, or try a hand on a trawler which is great fun in a force 9 100 mile off the coast

You would have to be a complete nuttter to try that …

raymundo:

scotstrucker:
, or try a hand on a trawler which is great fun in a force 9 100 mile off the coast

never, it’s just like being on a roller coaster, nothing like gutting fish in that kind of storm because in the bunk would be pointless as you would be the floor more. we road out a storm force 9 near rockall for 48 hours once, even the skipper said it one of worst he’d seen in 25 years and yes that was the last trip i did

scotstrucker:

raymundo:

scotstrucker:

never, it’s just like being on a roller coaster, nothing like gutting fish in that kind of storm because in the bunk would be pointless as you would be the floor more. we road out a storm force 9 near rockall for 48 hours once, even the skipper said it one of worst he’d seen in 25 years and yes that was the last trip i did

Ist trip I did was on a Lowestoft middle water trawler was during an August, next time was in January where we spent 8 days out of the 13 day trip dodging and unable to fish, Boston Pionair was a sidewinder … so yes you do need to be a nutter :slight_smile:

raymundo:

scotstrucker:

raymundo:

scotstrucker:

Ist trip I did was on a Lowestoft middle water trawler was during an August, next time was in January where we spent 8 days out of the 13 day trip dodging and unable to fish, Boston Pionair was a sidewinder … so yes you do need to be a nutter :slight_smile:

a bit bad weather just made the job more interesting lol

scotstrucker:
a bit bad weather just made the job more interesting lol

It made it more than interesting for the whole crew of the Pionair, it drowned them all when she was lost in bad weather during either 66 or 67 I think it was …

Thank you all for your help I’ve made some enquires and things look promising.

Tommyb6_6:
Hi all I passed my class one in may this year and have been in employment since June with a company in Yorkshire, my gf has moved back to where she’s from which is Fraserburgh and she’s asked me to go live up there with her, I was just wondering if anybody could tell me of any companies in that area that do accept new drivers, I’ve spoken with craib and they said they’d be happy to speak with me when I move but they are 45 miles from where she lives, which if it comes to it I will do but I’d love something close, any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Many fish vans up in that area, due to largest fishing port close by (Peterhead), Fraserburgh itself is a fishing port, and also has a large well known fridge van builder based there, Gray & Adams. Best bet is just pop in and ask for Transport manager.
Geed luk ermin, wisyah awe tha beest.< Doric at its finest > = Good luck sir, wish you all the best. :laughing:

Don’t do it. Fraserburgh is a dump and the North East of Scotland is very anti English and is best avoided. It is full of inbred mutant SNP skirt wearers

no1dieselman:
Don’t do it. Fraserburgh is a dump and the North East of Scotland is very anti English and is best avoided. It is full of inbred mutant SNP skirt wearers

LOL, Yee winnae find monie Skirt wearers up ere’ winds too ruff! Me I luv tha English, they have bonnie roads.

45 miles from Fraserburgh is where you need the lurry parked and save a 90 mile trip home for your piece

OilyNutz:

Tommyb6_6:

Many fish vans up in that area, due to largest fishing port close by (Peterhead), Fraserburgh itself is a fishing port, and also has a large well known fridge van builder based there, Gray & Adams. Best bet is just pop in and ask for Transport manager.
Geed luk ermin, wisyah awe tha beest.< Doric at its finest > = Good luck sir, wish you all the best. :laughing:

all gray and adams new vehicle deliveries are done by customer own collections and outside contractors, they have 2 units of there own which move flat trailers about