Companies for new drivers Scotland

Passed my class 2 cpc in November 13 and also decided to go for my HIAB certificate which i passed first week in December, but now i face the problem like many others across Britain, trying to get a job without experience, most want the 2 years experience or at least 6 months commercial driving class 2, applied for job and they said come back when you get the 6 months experience…well how am i supposed to get that■■?

so basically the question i am asking, does anybody on here around know of any companies across the Scottish central belt and surrounding areas Glasgow/Edinburgh etc that take on newly qualified drivers as i am struggling to find any and even agencies are looking for experience for their clients.

any help would be appreciated

Thanks.

Dalkeith Transport and looking just now but based in ■■■■■■■■■■■■ Jbt Bathgate might take a punt. Not the best of jobs but easy enough and you will get loads experience. Try Target recruitment, u should get non stop work out of 3663 Newbridge

■■■■■■■■■■■ not too far for travel, will give them a shout, will also try the others aswell, see how I get on thanks.

No prob. Mail me how u get on mate

if you are willing to drive 7.5 grayshill (right across from Barrs in ■■■■■■■■■■■ are looking for a driver. I did a shift for them yesterday but there are a few things they do I don’t agree with, so I’ll not be back but there is a job there for someone.

Danny_b:
if you are willing to drive 7.5 grayshill (right across from Barrs in ■■■■■■■■■■■ are looking for a driver. I did a shift for them yesterday but there are a few things they do I don’t agree with, so I’ll not be back but there is a job there for someone.

7.5 wouldn’t be bad to start with, what didn’t you agree with if you don’t mind me asking, would like to know what i was about to walk into if i applied?

the “human” way in which the do their killing, was a little more than I could cope with. It’s £8 an hr up to 5pm and £12 an hr there after. It’s knackers yard, so you’ll be killing bull calves, sheep, pigs, horses anything really that is no longer of use. the meat you kill is put to use via feed for edinburgh zoo, blairdrummond SP etc. If you are not killing you’ll be picking up already dead carcasses. the number is 01236 823128 ask for bobby it’s him and his brother that run the business. you can arrange to bring a van home to save your own fuel costs.

all in all it’s a decent paid job and not a hard graft, there is some heavy lifting involved I just couldn’t bring myself to do the killing :open_mouth: .

just looked at their site and pics and well…someone has to get rid of them…but it will defo not be me, i counldn’t do the killing either, im desperate for experience, but not that desperate, something tells me they would be better with tipper trucks aswell

do they expect you to kill the animals, is it part of your job description?

yes, it’s a knackers, they collect all the dead animals off farms etc and do the culling of animals that are either past their prime or of no use to the farmer e.g a bull calf in a dairy farm. It’s the Gov that keeps these companies in business as a farmer is no longer allowed to “dispose” of the animals themselves. I’m not putting the company down, the guys there were good guys all friendly and very helpful (directions into farms etc) but it all comes back to can you kill that 1 hr old calf or not? They have pictures of rhinos, sharks, whales etc all going through their yard.

yeah seen the photos, not my cup of tea im afraid, don’t mind delivering pre packed meat to shops, but defo not the killing part of it.

Try your local skip companies, they all tend to take on newbies

logic:
Try your local skip companies, they all tend to take on newbies

yeah next step is to go round local companies, seems emails aren’t working.