MODEL TRUCKS

That’s a cracking model. i have just recently got hold of an old Heller kit Scania to do at some time and have heard from different builders about sometimes having to manipulate cab plastics.

Scania is great, I’m building one next winter so will be looking back at the pictures

Model trailer went down well at the show, a lot of interest and positive comments, the reflectors work as well :smiley:

landowner:
Model trailer went down well at the show, a lot of interest and positive comments, the reflectors work as well :smiley:

Decided today that I would put twin wheels on the dolly and rear lights plus number plate, need suggestions for an air tank, maybe an old mig gas cylinder would look the part ?
No one makes any parts to build bigger models so I’ll have to keep my eyes peeled for anything that looks like a small tank etc

landowner:

landowner:

Decided today that I would put twin wheels on the dolly and rear lights plus number plate, need suggestions for an air tank, maybe an old mig gas cylinder would look the part ?
No one makes any parts to build bigger models so I’ll have to keep my eyes peeled for anything that looks like a small tank etc

You need to rope and sheet it now!

andrew.s:

landowner:

landowner:

Sheets wrapped up and roped on top of the pallets at the front of trailer :slight_smile:

Dolly better with twin wheels I think

Looks better with hubs filled in, used old water bottles cut off and painted

model trailer 2.jpg

Got trailer number rivetted on as well, numbers not very straight though. : )

model trailer 2.jpg

model trailer 1.jpg

Back scotch added today, just in case I backload reels :smiley:

landowner:

Can I ask what was the shade of red you used for this fine model “l o” ? credit to you ! Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:

landowner:

Can I ask what was the shade of red you used for this fine model “l o” ? credit to you ! Cheers Bewick.

Grabbed a tin of ‘Russian Red’ from JTF, Tank was just a spray tin of Red again from JTF

andrew.s:

landowner:

landowner:

Very last show for the tractor as unit will be pulling the trailer next year.
Trailer parked up for the night at the show, might try a better load next year.

At North Rode Show.jpg

At North Rode.jpg

Started on my wooden model truck cab, harder than I thought

model truck cab.jpg

Just finished his model of an old firm from the village i grew up in, hope you like it.

P1010619.JPG

jshepguis:
Just finished his model of an old firm from the village i grew up in, hope you like it.

Lovely job, decent looking mirrors on it and a nice trailer

Beautiful model there! I assume it’s in 1:24. Robert

ERF-NGC-European:
Beautiful model there! I assume it’s in 1:24. Robert

Yes Robert that’s correct 1:24 scale.

Superb job, Jonny. Decent choice of livery, too.