Middle East - Not Astran!

Found this on Facebook, definitely British as it’s a 290. Looks like he’s having a bad day.

newmercman:
Found this on Facebook, definitely British as it’s a 290. Looks like he’s having a bad day.

Thats a cracking pic,take a while to dig that one out.

I know its a bus but still a fair old trip back in 1963.

Click on pages twice.

Great pic here, found on-line. Robert

newmercman:

I remember Ashworths. Silver, looked pretty good. I thought they were from around Blackburn, but I consulted Mike Wheatley (wherever the road took me author) and he remembers them as being from the Isle of Man.

John.

John West:

newmercman:

I remember Ashworths. Silver, looked pretty good. I thought they were from around Blackburn, but I consulted Mike Wheatley (wherever the road took me author) and he remembers them as being from the Isle of Man.

John.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
deffo a feather in your truckie cap being a long distance lorry driver on the isle of man :smiley:

Article about Pat Seal.

Click on pages twice.

Pat Seal. A nice article about him and what a character he was.

Athol Addison 1983.

Click on pages twice to read.

Don’t know if this photo of a PLT Volvo in Orient Transport livery has been on here before but since "Jazzandy’ started this thread I thought it appropriate that the image be shown for all to see. However, as he doesn’t drop in here any more he won’t know what he’s missing. Come back Andy.

Yes, I believe it was judging by the trailer number and it looks like “Nice” Nigel Harness at the wheel.

It’s amazing how many Dutch companies did Middle-East. This pic looks as if it is part of a trailer registration document (a Dutch requirement) or perhaps an equivalent of our old GV60 for TIR-convention journeys. Robert

sandway:
Don’t know if this photo of a PLT Volvo in Orient Transport livery has been on here before but since "Jazzandy’ started this thread I thought it appropriate that the image be shown for all to see. However, as he doesn’t drop in here any more he won’t know what he’s missing. Come back Andy.

Pretty sure that’s ‘Nice Nigel’ in the Peter King Volvo. He was involved in the terrible accident near Damascus when we had three trucks returning from Kuwait. It was on the dual carriageway and all three were approaching the brow of a hill passing a slow local truck. Over the brow came another local on the wrong side of the road. The first truck was able to swing in but the second took a head on and the poor driver was killed instantly. Incidents like that really sobered you up and made you realise the risks we were all running.

That must have been the accident my son was involved in Andy. It was his first and last M/E trip. Martin, from your office, rang me to break the news but he didn’t know at that time which driver was involved. Luckily for us it wasn’t Chris.

sandway:
That must have been the accident my son was involved in Andy. It was his first and last M/E trip. Martin, from your office, rang me to break the news but he didn’t know at that time which driver was involved. Luckily for us it wasn’t Chris.

Crikey I didn’t realise your son was involved. It really was an awful accident. He was very very lucky/

Jazzandy:

sandway:

Pretty sure that’s ‘Nice Nigel’ in the Peter King Volvo. He was involved in the terrible accident near Damascus when we had three trucks returning from Kuwait. It was on the dual carriageway and all three were approaching the brow of a hill passing a slow local truck. Over the brow came another local on the wrong side of the road. The first truck was able to swing in but the second took a head on and the poor driver was killed instantly. Incidents like that really sobered you up and made you realise the risks we were all running.

Another photo of PLT in Orient livery Andy and in Kuwait by the look of it.

There’s a new Centruum thread on Toprun website with loads of good pics from the TIR trail. And for authentic modellers out there, more ‘weathered’ lorries than you could shake a winding handle at! Here’s the link:

toprun.ch/truck/2019-12/Centrum/

Robert

I wonder who operated these in Saudi Arabia.

clip me scammell pme.PNG

Old Middle East hands will be smiling now with the Bog Roll shortage

Eat with the right / clean with the left :laughing:

khazi_3_ankara.jpg
Going south out of Ankara toward the salt flats

Some really good Middle-East pics just gone on the Toprun website. Here’s the link:

toprun.ch/truck/2020-04/Jean_Fayolle/

Enjoy! Ro

Good god.
Swiss subby perchance :cry: