Mercedes-benz NG and SK's Trucks

some finish companys used them to

Heres my beauty 1625 rare now?

David Hatswell 1735 pulling a Craven Tasker tipping trailer at TNT’s Deeside depot. 1990.

Derek Linch 1644 taken at Peterborough truckfest circa 1989/90

Found this NG 1926 from the first series in Puerto Montt/Southern Chile.

caldercruix123:
Heres my beauty 1625 rare now?

I do believe we had this at Coventry Depot for a short while.

Super thread. It was one of these types of Mercedes that happened to be the first truck I ever rode in. Mum smashed up her Metro at the bottom of Garrowby Hill in Yorkshire, and the recovery truck was one of these Mercs. I remember it had a warning label inside about how it was streamlined. At that time, we rode on the bunk in the back rather then on seats in a crewcab. I always thought they were good-looking trucks, you used to see loads about. I actually saw one or two on the road this week, donkey boxes mainly.

I have actually just got hold of a model 1853 4x2, and would like to know more about it. It has the deep chrome bumper and bullbar which I don’t really like - was this an option (the bumper I mean) I saw only one photo in this thread of the same bumper. Was the 1853 brought to the UK, or did we only have the lower-power models?

Would I be right that the last ones were N plate vehicles?

I was lucky enough to meet one at Truckfest…

I’d love a go in one one day.

I actually spotted this 1820 skip truck in London today.

Banbury Dan; Micks Skips in Witney have an M reg 1820, and Tuckwells have a hiab and a couple of mixers too. Google Webbs of Armscote for some immaculate SKs that their owner refuses to part with.

Muckaway:
Banbury Dan; Micks Skips in Witney have an M reg 1820, and Tuckwells have a hiab and a couple of mixers too. Google Webbs of Armscote for some immaculate SKs that their owner refuses to part with.

Thankyou kind sir. By the way, did you get my PM the other week? I am recovered and back driving now.

EDIT - just googled Webbs - cracking little fleet!

BanburyDan:

Muckaway:

Thankyou kind sir. By the way, did you get my PM the other week? I am recovered and back driving now.

I got the one saying you were off sick, can’t pm people. I loaded Webbs 6w SK yesterday, tight squeeze getting 16.800 on but it sounds great pulling away :sunglasses:

Muckaway:

BanburyDan:

Muckaway:

I got the one saying you were off sick, can’t pm people. I loaded Webbs 6w SK yesterday, tight squeeze getting 16.800 on but it sounds great pulling away :sunglasses:

Still? What did you do, off someone?

Now, where can we find videos of fully laden SKs then…I think I’ll go try youtube.

youtube.com/watch?v=XswYmEXE … re=related

This 2653 is still earning a hard daily crust - spotted in Geneva early July. Suitably (over)loaded, the driver was obviously pushing it to its max, on the last pic he must have been doing 1900 rpm or so - looking closely you can see a nice bit of smoke.

Most remarkable is the sound. Free exhaust plus good old EUR1 (or less) technology, good memories from times less auditively correct

Friderici sold their last 8x4 2653 tractor unit to Peru a few months back :frowning:. They were also a really fine sight, they frequently got involved with the windmills installations on the Swiss hilltops, right until last year.

Nice to see a bigger Merc still in use.

Saw a late model version of these today on the M25, tri-axle tractor with curtainsider trailer, I think it said 'Wintertons Transport" but I can’t find anything online about them. Tractor and trailer both pale blue.

Found one on ebay…

ebay.co.uk/itm/94-MERCEDES-B … 3ef4ac0de7

This ex-german beauty is working in iquique/chile today.

TDL102:
You got to a love an 80’s Benz.
Fingers crossed we will have our mint ex MB museum 1628S out and about soon, this is her in the yard waiting for a final clean and some proper pictures to be taken.

Do you have any picture’s of Coulling Brother’s mercedes benz lorries, they where based in Lenham, they where white lorries with red writing on them?? my dad had a few powerliner’s and his last lorry at Coulling’s was a T reg Actros, it’s full reg was T387 VKJ, 6x2. Be good to see any pictures

Something I bumped into on youtube. A Dutch film from 1980 featuring some in-cab footage of a 2232 (I think) and the noises its V motor made, plus lots of glimpses of Scania 110s & 111s, F10s, DAF 2800. Iveco, FIAT, MAN, Berliet, Maggie 232s &c

Has anyone got any Tech specs for 1995 SK 2638.
I after the wheelbase total and from front axle to mid lift.

Basically this truck!

The reason I need the tech stuff is that I have bought one of those Tamiya 1838 arctic truck that is 1/14 scale.
I am going to get it modified so its the same with a lift axle and alloy tank.

So hopefully some one can help■■?

This one is still at work in Worcestershire