Mercedes-benz NG and SK's Trucks

A nice example of an NG.

vn_58.jpg

And the NG below would have been right up my street with its external air pipe, LHD and 13-speed Fuller box! :sunglasses: Robert

iuy_58.jpg

Oops wrong thread.

Just got to love the Archer merc. Home and do some container work before the next M/E trip :smiley:

Danne

I’m glad I got to drive one of these occasionally. It was one of the latter sk’s which my firm had on long term lease. I think it was an M or N reg 1835. All the other drivers hated using it because of the EPS so it didn’t have a permanent driver. Me being a newbie in the driving game liked it because it was different. For this reason I ended up being given the keys permanently when the 1840 P reg actros (one of the first in the UK) which had the telegent 'box turned up. It was the only merc on the fleet and I loved it, well, anything was better than the P cabbed 320 3 series scania I had before it!

Hi all,
A few ng and sk images here.some are mine others found online.

IMG_0243.JPG

IMG_0312.JPG

IMG_1938.JPG

pete 359:
Hi all,

who’s the Rusky LOL

steelboyf10:

pete 359:
Hi all,

who’s the Rusky LOL

Happy Easter comrade

Wonder whats the story with that last pic. Paris Moscow Beijing. It sure got the looks with that bullbar and the xtra lights fitted.

Danne

Croatia

That’s some hill in Croatia! :laughing:

My old steed when new and freshly painted, not exactly a powerhouse but I had no breakdowns with it apart from a blow out on the second steer when heading towards Team Valley Trading Est in Gateshead. Wish I’d kept the Merc rather than the awful FL7 I got to replace it. Not the full sleeper but big enough for me, it did tend to need a new exhaust system every year or two, done some good work with it. Franky.

Here’s one I drove for Seafield, Italy Bound.

A little 1625 I drove

Spotted these in Minden many moons ago.

Bebbs, looks like an old Dow Freight trailer on the back in your second pic!

Frankydobo:
My old steed when new and freshly painted, not exactly a powerhouse but I had no breakdowns with it apart from a blow out on the second steer when heading towards Team Valley Trading Est in Gateshead. Wish I’d kept the Merc rather than the awful FL7 I got to replace it. Not the full sleeper but big enough for me, it did tend to need a new exhaust system every year or two, done some good work with it. Franky.

Hi Franky, Thats a good shot, IIRC The late Harry Peverley drove a one at Blyth depot, He allways rated it as being a good motor, Regards Larry.