Manual Entry question

Can I register it like that: card was last ejected on Monday 16.00hrs. Manual entry: Rest from Monday 16.00hrs till Tuesday 08.00hrs than question mark from 0800hrs till 1600hrs (and to put in writing in my diary ‘induction’) and than rest from 1600hrs till today 1800hrs (my todays start time)?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Luke81:
Can I register it like that: card was last ejected on Monday 16.00hrs. Manual entry: Rest from Monday 16.00hrs till Tuesday 08.00hrs than question mark from 0800hrs till 1600hrs (and to put in writing in my diary ‘induction’) and than rest from 1600hrs till today 1800hrs (my todays start time)?

Although not technically correct I’m sure DVSA will be ok with it.

Due to the nature of my job, I often spend a lot of time working away from the truck and putting in manual entries for many days, especially with early digi-tacho’s, can easily lead to mistakes. I also had driver/mechanics in my charge who worked in a similar way.

The DVSA has told me on more than one occasion that an entry in a diary or timesheet is acceptable, although maybe not correct by the letter of the regulations.

To add to that, one of the driver/mechanics, who used to work for the same company as me, was stopped by DVSA a couple of weekends ago, he only had that days work on his digicard, but he was still using timesheets to show other work when not driving, they were perfectly happy with that, even though he only had the previous 10 days to hand, he offered to get the other timesheets out of his bag, but they weren’t really bothered in seeing them.

Or can I put crossed hammers instead of question mark and diary entry? To be 100% legal

Luke81:
Or can I put crossed hammers instead of question mark and diary entry? To be 100% legal

This is what the regs say, anything else is not absolutely correct, but as I’ve explained, DVSA are flexible and normally quite nice (regardless of the scare stories you’ll hear from some drivers) if they don’t think you’re trying to do them over on regs and talk to them in the same polite and civl manner you expect to be spoken to yourself.

Recording other work
During a week in which in-scope driving has taken place, any previous work ( including out-of scope driving) since the last daily or weekly rest period ( taken in accordance with either the EU drivers’ hours or working time rules), would have to be recorded as ‘other work’ on a tachograph chart, printout or manual entry using the manual input facility of a digital tachograph chart, or a legally required GB domestic record on a log book.
‘Other work’ means all activities which are defined as working time in Article 3(a) of Directive 2002/15/EC except ‘driving’, including any work for the same or another employer, within or outside of the transport sector.
The record must be either:
• written manually on a chart
• written manually on a printout from a digital tachograph
• made by using the manual input facility of a digital tachograph or
• for days where a driver has been subject to the domestic drivers’ hours rules and a record is legally required see Record keeping, recorded in a domestic log book

Luke81:

Think you’ll find if you put it on Crossed Hammers for the duration without breaks put in as well you’ll get a big infringement flag up.

Just stick to ? And carry a piece of paper recording what you did for 28days. Manual entries can go so wrong if not careful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk