manual entry for digi tachos

Hi all I’m new to this forum so please be gentle. I’m still not a 100% clear if I should be doing manual entry’s. Company I work for I’m the only driver of the veichle so simple question is do I need do manual entry’s hope you can help. thank you

Yes

I know not everyone bothers but usually I will enter my start of shift time, end of last shift and what I was doing up to the point the card was inserted.
Unless i ■■■■ it up then just crack on regardless and make a note on printout.

If you start work at 0600 but do not get to insert the digicard until 0610 then how else can you account for that 10 mins?

Same for finishing the previous shift - if you eject card at 1750 and do not finish until 1810 then how do you account for that 20 mins?

A manual entry is needed legally

Welcome to Trucknet-UK :wink:

Most people should be doing manual entries but whether or not you need to do one will depend on your job, if you do any work after ejecting your driver card at the end of the shift, or you do any work before inserting it at the start of the shift, you should be doing manual entries to record that work.

Thank you for your replys problem I got is my manager hasn’t been on a course for new digi tachos so I’m preety much doing it all by myself the downloads making sure the vu is done its a bit of a nightmare really so onwards and upwards I guess thanks again good to know you guys are out there to offer help and advice.

I’ve never done a manual entry in my life, and never had any come back. Not saying it’s right or legal just a fact.