MAN-TGA

Whatever vehicle I choose, giving it back after a few months isn’t an option. I know that I will have to commit to it for a minimum of two years, and four if I go down the route of buying new. I’m still looking at it, but as an all-inclusive deal the maths do stack up.

Harry Monk:
Whatever vehicle I choose, giving it back after a few months isn’t an option. I know that I will have to commit to it for a minimum of two years, and four if I go down the route of buying new. I’m still looking at it, but as an all-inclusive deal the maths do stack up.

if you are considering new, you can get a 460 XF105 SSC 6x2 for £70,000

harry am i right in saying your applying for your olicence and will be a new start business

lee mat:
harry am i right in saying your applying for your olicence and will be a new start business

Yes, and before you say it, everyone else says I’m mad too! :wink:

Harry Monk:
It seems to be the usual story, for everyone who thinks they are a good truck, there’s someone else who thinks it’s a bad truck…

I have just been and had a look at one on a Rent to Buy plan, an '07 reg 440 XLX, I’m just looking at the figures now as I hadn’t considered Rent to Buy before. essentially it’s £395 a week with tax, tyre wear and full R&M over two years with A £3,000 option to buy at the end.

It’s a bit of a basic truck from a driver’s point of view but I could possibly live with it, anyone got any advice on Rent to Buy?

Have just been talking to my local man rep, and they are just starting fixrd term rental. I’m looking at a 480 xlx, brand new, 2year deal for 385 a week, all i’ve got to do is tax, insure, fuel and driver. I won’t ever own it, but it sounds a much better deal than this.

well ye true but not knowing your personal circumstances have you spoke to anyone about finance etc meaning new start with no trading history

any one run the 7.5t TGL what are they like

Harry Monk:
Most people I’ve spoken to say that MANs are best not touched with a bargepole but I’d be interested in any more opinions, as ever, especially from people who have actually operated them. I’m thinking 07/57 reg sort of thing. What are their known vices?

had them when it was corby chilled,very comfortable,went o.k,but even though theyd only done 300k they were falling apart,switches,doors etc,etc the scanias we also had at the time had done 700k + but were still rock solid,as i say they were probally the most comfortable truck ive drove,i liked driving them,but the fit and finish was woefull to be honest.i remember the bloke who was involved in buying/speccing process said we wouldnt be having any more.that said i still see one[i assume its the same truck still about],going after all these years
had a 58 reg on another job ,i always remember it went in too have a repair done to the wipers,they cable tied it,boss was not impressed at all,the truck was basically new.
never had any real issues with that specific truck but it was basically brand new

ady1:
had them when it was corby chilled,very comfortable,went o.k,but even though theyd only done 300k they were falling apart,switches,doors etc,etc the scanias we also had at the time had done 700k + but were still rock solid,as i say they were probally the most comfortable truck ive drove,i liked driving them,but the fit and finish was woefull to be honest.i remember the bloke who was involved in buying/speccing process said we wouldnt be having any more.that said i still see one[i assume its the same truck still about],going after all these years
had a 58 reg on another job ,i always remember it went in too have a repair done to the wipers,they cable tied it,boss was not impressed at all,the truck was basically new.

I thought you said you drove a City Link van and didn’t have an HGV licence?

I’m driving one at the moment. Comfortable to drive. Seems to average 7.9 -8.2 mpg loaded pulling a triple axle trailer.
Drive take up is very jerky when slow manouvering unless in “low”.
Switching to manual is essential when climbing hills as Juddian said.
I can always outdrag the other trucks going up motorway inclines, so its torquey enough.
Bed is comfortable too!

There is some good deals out for rental at moment without the commitment

N14ERF:
Have just been talking to my local man rep, and they are just starting fixrd term rental. I’m looking at a 480 xlx, brand new, 2year deal for 385 a week, all i’ve got to do is tax, insure, fuel and driver. I won’t ever own it, but it sounds a much better deal than this.

Yes, now I’ve had a chance to look at the numbers, I agree with you. Still considering all other options at the mo.

Harry Monk:

ady1:

I thought you said you drove a City Link van and didn’t have an HGV licence?

quite right i did,im also mo,well according to you i am,mind with your take on i must be mo as we both post on the same thread alot,i could be you as well as you seem to post on the same thread as me alot,maybe i drive city link vans,havent got a lisence ,im me ,mo,and harry,who knows,who cares :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ady1 keeps tripping up. One min he’s worked for stobart since corby chill, through innovate, who went bang in 2008/09. So how did he have a 58 plate on another job. Unless it was a 58 plate delorian

OVLOV JAY:
Ady1 keeps tripping up. One min he’s worked for stobart since corby chill, through innovate, who went bang in 2008/09. So how did he have a 58 plate on another job. Unless it was a 58 plate delorian

it was one of the first blue mans that nightfreight had,working on the vac-lug tryre contract out of gonerby hillfoot grantham,part of the reg was zxg,we had 3 of them,maybe im wrong with a 58 reg,theres a lad on here who drove it after me,he may or may not drive it now but he would confirm the reg no,zxg being part of it,
corby chilled had mans when i started but mainly scanias,the man,s arrived so im told because the erfs that were before them fell apart,ive seen one on a regular basis,still in corby colours,but obviously names are removed,its not one of our depots as we didnt have six leggers,i think it maybe a larkhall truck as when we changed over with them they had six leggers
i dont know how to post pics up,so ill scout around and see if i can find a link with pics of corby mans,

just put a search in on here under nightfreight and the lads user name is darkseeker,no idea if he still has truck/job but he says zxg on thread as well,but not year,as i say there was 3 units and x amount of rigids all done in blue,think cabs of units had nightfreight on them as did tris,some were still ex vac-lug tris,puddle jumpers were in vac-lug colours,now have new tris and there running in vac-lug colours.
cant find pics of corby chilled m.a.n s,but they did exist,found pics of corby scanias[knew of] +volvos,dafs and even a really old merc that i never knew of,only scania +man when i was at corby,volvo shows 02 so before my time

Ady1, Mo, Walter Mitty, whoever you are :unamused: You just admitted on the UK forum that you don’t have a class one, that you’ve never worked for Stobart, Innovate or Corby chilled, yet here you are popping up like a hollow turd, you say the 02 Volvos were before your time, well as you’ve never worked there, did you mean that you never saw any while you stood on a footbridge taking pics so you could knock one out over them when you got home :question: :unamused:

newmercman:
Ady1, Mo, Walter Mitty, whoever you are :unamused: You just admitted on the UK forum that you don’t have a class one, that you’ve never worked for Stobart, Innovate or Corby chilled, yet here you are popping up like a hollow turd, you say the 02 Volvos were before your time, well as you’ve never worked there, did you mean that you never saw any while you stood on a footbridge taking pics so you could knock one out over them when you got home :question: :unamused:

oh look a zb moderator turning up,what a suprise,noti guess youve had orders from the gaffer,dont worry i wont be on here long,like ricky SAID :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: THERE WATCHING US :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ,bet its damage limitation for my mob,bet the white coated men are on there way now :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: anyway got to shoot off,heard theres a stobart actross about :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: ,got to get a pic of that

newmercman:

n.b if you want me gone then you know what to do :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: ,silly little remarks about knocking one off over a truck wont drive me out :laughing: :laughing: ,go on you know what you want to do ,so do it,go on do it,do it,you know you want to :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

OVLOV JAY:

have a look on www.geoff-sipson.co.uk or commercial motor 17 may 2012 page 135,top left hand corner,im 99.9 % sure thats a old corby chilled m.a.n ,paintwork,white wheekl makes me think it is one, but the mileage is throwing me a bit as 380 k sounds very,very low,im sure ours had 300k on them years ago,i thought the 6 leggers were used by the jocks out of larkhall and had mega kms on them,but maybe the other depots had 6 leggers,alcester,heywood and didnt put the k s on them