MAN multimedia system

biggriffin:
Hold tight here we go, it’s a brand new truck, did it come with a handbook.

Leaves building.

MAN still put hand books in :wink: our 4 new ones deffo have them in the cab in cubby hole under top lockers

Winnifred1:
New unit today, 68 plate MAN- all good, Bluetooth activated for phone but pressing media- source- only gives option of SD card not Bluetooth streaming- thoughts anyone?
TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you get it sorted out?

Guys- I even looked at the manual and by all accounts it SHOULD work- but doesn’t- rest of fleet are the same.
Going into dealers tomorrow to sort a couple of niggles and see what progress that brings( dealer has emailed MAN technical )
Will keep you all posted.

Hi troops- no joy re MAN technical ( yet) and thanks for suggestion of looking in manual…
Using a £13 FM modulator and although a work around, is a reasonable solution

I think it’s an “option”.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I have a 68 plate with the same problem, Bluetooth activates, shows phone is connected but can’t use it to call or play music. Truck is hired so nobody wants to mess with it.

Can’t remember this post but…

Go into your phone’s Bluetooth settings and check what it’s allowing to go through your B/T…

It might only allow calls, and / or messages and streaming…

You may need to ‘tick a box’ in your phone settings, as I’ve managed to stream audio through bluetooth from a movie I was watching on my tablet, but gave up due to the ‘delay’, and went back to doing it the USB way…

Phone connects with radio and shows as paired device but when I press the phone button on the top left of the unit I get this message “application not supported” and can’t do anything else?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Your head unit looks different to mine in my 18 plate. This is what I get when I press the phone button. Got my phone and my work phone connected. When connecting them for the first time I got the option whether I wanted them to connect for just calls or calls and music streaming.
It’s also sat nav.

I would say that maybe because the screen is smaller it’s lower spec but does seem odd considering it’s got a phone symbol.

I think mine is below basic as it’s a Dawson rental. Will have to get it down to my nearest dealer see how much it will cost to upgrade. Thanks for the replies

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I’ve had a Dawson’s truck before at a previous job. They aren’t known for spec’ing their trucks up! The sat nav is good, as good if not better than other truck sat navs I’ve used but I’m not sure I’d spend my own money upgrading a rented truck. I bet the MAN system ain’t cheap!

Our 18 plates (one of which I drive) do not let you play music via Bluetooth, but our 68 plates have the larger multi media screen with built in sat nav and they do indeed let you play I tunes etc via Bluetooth.

Comes down to spec then. It’s hard to believe MAN think it’s acceptable to charge a lot extra for Bluetooth and sat nav when you’ve paid 70 odd thousand pounds for a tractor unit. It’s just about standard fit these days on most cars, even shopping cars which don’t really need it.