Help on mercedes mp4 bluetooth

Can anyone tell me how you turn Bluetooth on, got a new Actros on demo, looked in manual, but can’t find anything. It drives nice, but you need a degree in IT, and electronics to make heads or tails of computer menu. :unamused:

perkibre:
Can anyone tell me how you turn Bluetooth on, got a new Actros on demo, looked in manual, but can’t find anything. It drives nice, but you need a degree in IT, and electronics to make heads or tails of computer menu. :unamused:

Show off :wink: :wink:

First off you might need to switch on the blue tooth, you do this from the stereo , cant rememebr of hand from ,here , but if i remember right its the last option in the display to the right.
once you autherise it , go back to sub sections to the phone and there is a option to connect , you might need to do this away from other trucks as it will show every bluetooth close by in yard etc
hope it helps , sorry am not in truck i could have gave you a step my step

Its that complicated, I can’t even remember how I done it on the demo I had a while back. All I do remember that when I did get it connected, it turned out to be faulty. The radio display turned German then would switch itself off. This happened about 5 times in the space of 10mins every time you turned the ignition on. We have got 5 new mercs in our place now and they have this same fault. Hope yours doesn’t do the same.:cry:

It is stupidly complicated just to pair a phone.

I think from the top my head you need to make your phone “Visible” then pair it from the radio

Just dont press the wrong button on the radio as it will take you out of the menu all together and you will need to start again

trubster:
It is stupidly complicated just to pair a phone.

I think from the top my head you need to make your phone “Visible” then pair it from the radio

Just dont press the wrong button on the radio as it will take you out of the menu all together and you will need to start again

Thanks Trubster, I was beginning to think it was me, I’ve just tried built in sat nav, now that screen is locked on, and won’t let me off it, ffs give me my FH back, this is doing my head in… :smiling_imp:

I can’t remember off the top of my head but when I had a demo for a shift it was a 2 minute job when you went into the menu.

Thread revival, but if anyone is having problems with an android phone on a merc radio, there is an app which will sort it out. I had the same problems of it turning on and off, switching to German etc. After looking it up, I downloaded an app called Bluetooth Fix Repair, from the app store. It needs the phone to be rooted, which turned out to be an absolute doddle, then run the spp, and all works fine now. Apparently its some glitch on the android os itself, which this app fixes.

scaniason:
Thread revival, but if anyone is having problems with an android phone on a merc radio, there is an app which will sort it out. I had the same problems of it turning on and off, switching to German etc. After looking it up, I downloaded an app called Bluetooth Fix Repair, from the app store. It needs the phone to be rooted, which turned out to be an absolute doddle, then run the spp, and all works fine now. Apparently its some glitch on the android os itself, which this app fixes.

Be careful when rooting phones. There are alot of apps which won’t work if you do this. Especially mobile banking apps.
But since my phone updated to android 5.0, I haven’t had the radio switch off or go German on me yet. Still has glitches but its bearable now.

Thanks for the warning - luckily I don’t run much on my phone, use the tablet for that. How do you update android to the latest version? Is it an easy thing to do, or not?

2 ways of doing it.
One is to got to settings on your phone, select about device, then software updates, then select update now. It will tell you if there are updates available or not. If there is, it is best you download it on WiFi cos it will use alot of data. I don’t like doing it this way as you sometimes need to do a full phone reset afterwards as it doesn’t remove the old software properly causing glitches in your phone.

I prefer to do it the 2nd way which is to do it via your laptop/PC. You need your phone manufacturers software installed on your laptop/PC. Connect your phone to laptop using the USB cable and it should tell you if there are any software updated available. Never had any issues doing it this way.