Man bluetooth help

i drive a 18 reg man and want some help with the bluetooth.
i have a motorla android phone. i can connect it and it works . get a call it rings comes through the radio.
but is there anyway you can play music/youtube songs through it? via bluetooth

all my man has is an sd memoryslot radio system is rubbish.

im guessing its not possible as when play music it comes through phone speaker

On our 69…

Plate motors, you can play music through your phone via bluetooth. None of the 18s or 68s do though.

Get this lead to connect your music.

ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1j1bxFkSW … dapter.jpg

I’d have a look in the Bluetooth settings for the specific device on your phone and check if “media” is allowed.

Not promising it will work, but I’ve had various FM transmitters using Bluetooth and the phone and media were seperate settings which had to be enabled.

It could be the truck “media centre” or whatever stupid name its given doesn’t actually support media. The above might give a clue at least whether its worth pursuing.

Btw, if its got an aux port, I would recommend a 4 section 3.5mm jack plug (3 black rings) as some phones don’t play the output properly with the 3 part ones. I know Samsung needs it or you get dead sound.

This kindof thing:

smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07K7NWRJ … UTF8&psc=1

yourhavingalarf:
On our 69…

Plate motors, you can play music through your phone via bluetooth. None of the 18s or 68s do though.

Get this lead to connect your music.

ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1j1bxFkSW … dapter.jpg

No good doesn’t even have an aux in hole…all it has is an SD card slot

Media playback via Bluetooth works fine on our fleet of 65 plate MANs (rigids and tractor units).

Might be worth going into the Bluetooth settings on your phone and tapping on the “cogwheel” of the relevant connection to see if the Media option needs to be enabled.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Aux in…

Hole isn’t on the radio unit itself.

It’s located on the little shelf where you put your coffee and ■■■■ in the middle of the dash. There should be a USB and jack plug input there too.

That make sense?

yourhavingalarf:
Aux in…

Hole isn’t on the radio unit itself.

It’s located on the little shelf where you put your coffee and ■■■■ in the middle of the dash. There should be a USB and jack plug input there too.

That make sense?

No the holes blocked off with a blanking plate. I know where you mean as been in different man ages ago and saw it but mine must be basic model.
Maybe need buy one them things that you plug into cog lighter socket. As radio these days seem.be getting rubbish. And I don’t even have Dab. Just FM and am o and lw

Yikes, even our DAFs have a USB and Aux connector and I always thought MAN were a bit less penny pinching. Probably costs about a fiver to fit them max at factory out of a 100K+ truck.

Radio ones are alright although I’d recommend one that connects to your phone via Bluetooth rather than cable as its less hassle (usually).

You need one that has multiple pre selects as it can be a right pain trying to retune while driving and not looking. Due to the leakage of other stations, you often need to do this two or three times.

Oh and make sure you it will actually fit. Some are to big to fit in the awkward places they put these blinking cig sockets (DAF 13 plates were utterly stupid), and not all will do 24v.

Last place worked used drive a daf
And that was great could even pair 2 phones at the same.time…works.one and personal one.

I’m not a Grinch I like Xmas. But getting fed up of all the xmas.somgs and Xmas stuff on almost every radio station.hence wanted try play music via phone.
Been messing around with settings and can’t get it to work.
Think need buy a cheap speaker or something thanks.for the advice

Last place worked used drive a daf
And that was great could even pair 2 phones at the same.time…works.one and personal one.

I’m not a Grinch I like Xmas. But getting fed up of all the xmas.somgs and Xmas stuff on almost every radio station.hence wanted try play music via phone.
Been messing around with settings and can’t get it to work.
Think need buy a cheap speaker or something thanks.for the advice

Before you go off and buy yet more kit, try this:

On the head unit in the lorry, go into Setup/Bluetooth and pick the option to Delete a paired device. Delete your phone.

On your phone, go into the Bluetooth settings. Delete (or “Unpair”) the lorry from your list of paired devices, then Restart your phone.

Once the phone is up and running again, start the Pairing sequence on the lorry (Setup/Bluetooth/Pair new device), then go into your phone’s Bluetooth settings and complete the pairing process. You should see a message that the phone has connected for both calls and media - you can enable/disable them individually through the Bluetooth Settings.

Once everything has been paired up and the link is established, it should simply be a case of pressing Media on the lorry head unit then starting your chosen App on the phone. You might need to press it more than once as it cycles through the options of Aux, SD card and Bluetooth Audio. Stop pressing when the name of your phone appears on the screen.