M74 southbound

Nice to see a sensible consideration made - I tip my hat to your bosses :slight_smile:

Butcher:

The-Snowman:

pierrot 14:
WTF is all that about Butcher ■■?

You posted that at 22.38 stating that you’d been stuck there since 16.30

FFS 6 hours :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Whatever the flick has happened in front, surely the authorities know that it’s going to take ages to clear, so WHY FFS don’t they turn traffic around and let them get on with their journeys from another point, using another route??!!! Might be a bit congested, but at least they are going somewhere, and should they need to stop, food, wee, etc. at least they can stop somewhere. We as commercial drivers will hopefully/probably have stuff to feed on, but what about the car drivers, especially those with kids in the car. I will never understand why they HATO/Police, seem to enjoy enforcing misery on those that use the roads!!

It wasnt even 2238 when you posted that

Think about it :wink:

Can’t explain the time I posted.

But it’s exactly 22.43 as I sit here in this horrendous queue.

Approaching 18 hours duty time!!

Not you butcher, I meant pierrot. His time zone settings are an hour out. He posted at 2218 that youd posted at 2238

We are presently attempting to get much needed supplies to the poor people of Scotland, but conditions are harsh… please help by pledging your soidarity and help here, on line, without actually putting your hand in your pocket.

i did that on the way back to n.i.last week.
i bought 6 scotch pies,6 slices of black pudding,6 slice of fruit pudding,6 slice of haggis,some potted hough and 20 slices of lorne square slice out of the butchers in castle douglas, so i think ive done my bit for d&g prosperity. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

the nodding donkey:
We are presently attempting to get much needed supplies to the poor people of Scotland, but conditions are harsh… please help by pledging your soidarity and help here, on line, without actually putting your hand in your pocket.

I’d be quite happy to pledge my “soidarity” if I knew wtf it was, until someone explains to me what this daft lil prick is on about I’ll be keeping my “soidarity” all to myself I think.

Seriously though, I have a colleague that’s been stopped for the last 5 hrs northbound between j15 and j14 on the A74 and he’s still stuck there, me and another workmate were caught just before j11 southbound for best part of 5 hrs before being turned around back to base and according to Google maps it still aint moving.

I’m now stuck on the M74 northbound several miles south
of Beatock in a very long line of stationary traffic, along
with 11 other drivers from our firm who are on the same
trunk.

Southbound traffic seems to be moving, although very slowly.

God knows how long we’re all going to be stuck here?!

Anyone got through this northbound mess on the M74■■

dieseldog999:
i bought 6 scotch pies,6 slices of black pudding,6 slice of fruit pudding,6 slice of haggis,some potted hough and 20 slices of lorne square slice out of the butchers in castle douglas, so i think ive done my bit for d&g prosperity. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

You can get “square sausage” in butchers N’Ards DD!!![emoji106]

They have black pudding and haggis too lad.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Fisher21:

the nodding donkey:

I’d be quite happy to pledge my “soidarity” if I knew wtf it was, until someone explains to me what this daft lil prick is on about I’ll be keeping my “soidarity” all to myself I think.

Seriously though, I have a colleague that’s been stopped for the last 5 hrs northbound between j15 and j14 on the A74 and he’s still stuck there, me and another workmate were caught just before j11 southbound for best part of 5 hrs before being turned around back to base and according to Google maps it still aint moving.

If you’re going to pull me up on a spelling mistake, you should really try and do so without making your own. Unless I missed the ironic use of ‘lil’ in stead of ‘little’…

Half an inch of wet sleet, and the motorway is shut for hours. And Scotland wanted to be independent?

Big Truck:

dieseldog999:

Oi, ■■■■ out big truck! My father in law owns one of the butchers in Castle Douglas, we need all the customers we can get lol

Lol in '96 the m74 was closed for days,trucks all parked up round Carlisle

I’m convinced…

That ASR and other ‘new fangled’ devices seem to hinder trucks more than assist them these days.

Sure, we’ve always had wagons stuck in heavy, we always will but we seem to lose traction and control in much less snow than I can remember.

Ok, I’ve never chained up as some countries do but, I’m sure we didn’t have half the fuss that occurs now with what appears to me to be little more than half a bag of spilled flour.

SouthEastCashew:

Lancsdriver70:
I’m currently just about to set off on a trunk to Lesmahagow (M74 Jct 10)
From Liverpool. Will I make it there and back tonight Butcher? :confused:

I wouldn’t bother ^^

He did bother and got stuck in the traffic

yourhavingalarf:
I’m convinced…

That ASR and other ‘new fangled’ devices seem to hinder trucks more than assist them these days.

Sure, we’ve always had wagons stuck in heavy, we always will but we seem to lose traction and control in much less snow than I can remember.

Ok, I’ve never chained up as some countries do but, I’m sure we didn’t have half the fuss that occurs now with what appears to me to be little more than half a bag of spilled flour.

Our trucks came as new with tyres for “economy”. After the first winter of slipping and sliding etc etc they’ve been replaced with “proper” drive tyres. Maybe the 0.00001% losses on fuel will be compensated by us actually doing our job.
Our boss getting fed up with getting an earful may have been an influence too.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

GOG47:

Big Truck:

dieseldog999:

Oi, ■■■■ out big truck! My father in law owns one of the butchers in Castle Douglas, we need all the customers we can get lol

[emoji3]

Trukkertone:
I drive for a sensible company,
we were told to stop at Johnstonebridge until the situation had been assessed …
sat there an hour…
and then turned round and back to base…

Good to hear is that,
I was in a similar situation my self on the same road going north about 5 years ago.
My manager at the time was going but as the load “had to get there”.
Other time was sat around 2 yards back from a fatal accident on m1,he said “just go and have a word with emergency services tell them the load is urgent they might let you through”
Good to know some firms think sensibly

the nodding donkey:

Fisher21:

the nodding donkey:

If you’re going to pull me up on a spelling mistake, you should really try and do so without making your own. Unless I missed the ironic use of ‘lil’ in stead of ‘little’…

Half an inch of wet sleet, and the motorway is shut for hours. And Scotland wanted to be independent?

Nah it was all caused by the English Drivers all coming up here and getting stuck :laughing:

all us Scots drivers were sitting around laughing at them :stuck_out_tongue:

if you are such an expert then why don’t you come up here and show everyone how to clear 40 miles or so of heavy snow off the motorway, keep it clear in consistent blizzards and sub zero temperatures and how to drive safely in it ? :unamused:

the nodding donkey:

Youve been trying to hard for a while now ND but this is embarressing to watch.
Since you appear to have no idea of what youre talking about, best knock it on the head

Lancsdriver70:
I’m now stuck on the M74 northbound several miles south
of Beatock in a very long line of stationary traffic, along
with 11 other drivers from our firm who are on the same
trunk.

Southbound traffic seems to be moving, although very slowly.

God knows how long we’re all going to be stuck here?!

Anyone got through this northbound mess on the M74■■

You asked for advice and then ignored it. Doh!

Tooz:

the nodding donkey:

Fisher21:

the nodding donkey:

Nah it was all caused by the English Drivers all coming up here and getting stuck :laughing:

all us Scots drivers were sitting around laughing at them :stuck_out_tongue:

if you are such an expert then why don’t you come up here and show everyone how to clear 40 miles or so of heavy snow off the motorway, keep it clear in consistent blizzards and sub zero temperatures and how to drive safely in it ? :unamused:

I recall seeing a magic trick once, where a truck drove through the snow, and as if by magic, all the snow in front of the truck was moved aside. But I appreciate that having a magician on standby, for the odd day that it snows, is too expensive.

The-Snowman:

the nodding donkey:

Youve been trying to hard for a while now ND but this is embarressing to watch.
Since you appear to have no idea of what youre talking about, best knock it on the head

We apologise for any embarrassment. Please accept this flower with our compliments, together with a complimentary voucher to have your keyboard fixed.