M74 Car Park

I have now been stuck on the M74 between junction 6 and 5 northbound for 6 hours.

Hamilton Services is gridlocked.

At what stage can the engine be turned off and I go to sleep? not seen 1 police vehicle yet

Matt

About 1.5hrs ago :smiley:

im behind you dude…hamilton services gridlocked?..looks like the hard shoulder coz i cant get anywhere else…the motorway is a skating rink now as the gritters cant get through…what a farce.

Answers my question I’m on the other side just coming off the m73 was gonna try for Hamilton but I bet I’m ■■■■ out of luck! If I end up having me 9 off on the hard shoulder will I get a telling off from the police?

Is there not a stage where the police declare it all a car park and let us park on the road?

This is getting silly, been on the go since 2.30 this morning!

Last week I’m sure switchlogic had to use the hard shoulder on the 25 for his 9 off need to be done for 7 too, no chance at this rate! Not seen a copper all day either been in it since half 9 this Mornin!

Can i keep going past my 15hours duty time as long as I do a print out?

Might be worth ringing your local force in that area to let them know whats going on with your driving hours etc. They can be contacted on this number 0141 532 2000. You can ask them for advice and tell them you be out of driving hours.

Mick

At least we can’t be blamed for that one!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Thanks Mick,

there advice was that regs have been relaxed due to weather conditions but i must make safe exit asap to find suitable parking and I cannot park up on the hard shoulder.

Looks like a 20 hour shift at this rate, done 1 mile in 7 hours!

Matty72:
Thanks Mick,

there advice was that regs have been relaxed due to weather conditions but i must make safe exit asap to find suitable parking and I cannot park up on the hard shoulder.

Yeah me too! Cheers for posting the advice given. Still don’t no where to park it for the night though!

Me neither, was heading for Livingston - HARTHILL GRIDLOCKED

God knows where we can get!

Matty72:
Me neither, was heading for Livingston - HARTHILL GRIDLOCKED

God knows where we can get!

forget livinston im on m80 ■■■■■■■■■■■ and been here since 8 am :frowning:

Is there anyone local (Junction 5 M74) who can advise us where we can get to park up?

Hard shoulder is grid locked my side but north is running quite well considering! Only one lane like but at least there moving! Don’t think they’ll even be any point pulling onto bothwell services!

I’ve been on the A725 since 10.30. Not turned a wheel since 1400. There’s a small hill which is defeating the artics. There is a Mr. Kipling artic sideways on halfway up. Stuck. I managed to squeeze by him but couldn’t really gun it for fear of sliding into him. 2 goes and 2 failures. So i backed down to let others have a go. Rigid’s are coping and most cars are too. Fowler welch had a go and gave me a stinking look as he went by and now he’s stuck. But instead of backing down he’s still up there making life difficult for everyone else who now has to slip and slide around him.

So it looks like i’m sleeping in lane 2 tonight. Stobart behind me has already booked off.

There’s a Samworth driver here too who’s getting nervous cos we’re all eyeing his trailer

think the cops are going to allow everyone to park on the HS.
every road and motorway in central scotland is gridlocked .
people are camping out in offices and factories tonight lads its that bad .
people going to work at 9am are still on the roads with no chance of getting home .
forget trying harthill area , i live in Shotts and its totally cut off .
scotland is closed for business

15 and a half hours now. That HS is looking tempting but everyones just using it as another lane then having to move out to get past a abandoned car so annoyed.

Mate of mine left Longtown 6am this morn got parked up at Cair Lodge after queuing to get in there trying to get to Glasgow :unamused: :unamused:

Matty72:
Thanks Mick,

they extended driving time by 1 hour which we can do anyway. i havent heard anything about extended shift time though so how exactly did they think their advice was of the slightest bit of use to you? :unamused: