Looking for old photo's of Forest of Dean firms

Retired Old ■■■■:

oiltreader:
30,000 acres where mystery, folklore, magic, myth and tradition abound”. Elves in funny clothes :laughing: came across a couple :laughing: say no more :laughing:

Oily

Just arrived back in sunny (!!!) Macclesfield after an extended stay at the Sprog’s place in God’s Own County. I’ve been denied the use of electronic machinery, so I had to rely on my butty, Lurpak to alert me by text as to the unseemly comments made by our colonial friend (?) north of Hadrians Wall. If yon Oily is contemplating a return visit later this year, I can assure him that there will be at least one of those strangely-attired elves ready to greet him with the traditional JCB1. :unamused: :wink:

Scouring ebay for suitable armour, bloody Norah :open_mouth: tins hats are pricey, white flag and nectar flask a better option :wink: :laughing:

A4136.
Oily

oiltreader:

Retired Old ■■■■:

oiltreader:
30,000 acres where mystery, folklore, magic, myth and tradition abound”. Elves in funny clothes :laughing: came across a couple :laughing: say no more :laughing:

Oily

Just arrived back in sunny (!!!) Macclesfield after an extended stay at the Sprog’s place in God’s Own County. I’ve been denied the use of electronic machinery, so I had to rely on my butty, Lurpak to alert me by text as to the unseemly comments made by our colonial friend (?) north of Hadrians Wall. If yon Oily is contemplating a return visit later this year, I can assure him that there will be at least one of those strangely-attired elves ready to greet him with the traditional JCB1. :unamused: :wink:

Scouring ebay for suitable armour, bloody Norah :open_mouth: tins hats are pricey, white flag and nectar flask a better option :wink: :laughing:

Oily you will end up like the bears if you are not careful!

pete smith:

oiltreader:

Retired Old ■■■■:

oiltreader:

Oily

Oily you will end up like the bears if you are not careful!

Got me there for a minute Pete, had a google and by all accounts the natives of the forest and in particular Ruardean are now peaceful, tho’ trepidation will surely accompany me. bbc.co.uk/gloucestershire/we … bear.shtml
Oily

Visitors to the wonderful FoD would do well to heed the warnings in the above link. Apparently, the “jokes” concerning the bears are all taken light-heartedly these days :question: Personally I wouldn’t chance it, especially for a Scotsman already pursued by “two strangely-dressed elves”, not to mention that nice Leylandlover who can still find a surprising turn of speed when aroused.

Retired Old ■■■■:

oiltreader:

Oily

That must have been one hell of a new years party if you’ve only just recovered enough to travel . Mind you you’d have to be drunk to go back to Macc . anon

Emptied the fridge, freezer and drinks cupboard, Rigsby. Nothing more to stay for and I was missing the cold, dull, miserable weather of Macc.

Back on page one.
Oily

Most of the contributors on this page have migrated to Fatface. Catch up on- facebook/Old Forest Transport and facebook/ Forest of Dean Hauliers.

Retired Old ■■■■:
Most of the contributors on this page have migrated to Fatface. Catch up on- facebook/Old Forest Transport and facebook/ Forest of Dean Hauliers.

TRAITOR

Not all of us Rigsby :smiley:

Always had reservations with regard to FB, even more so having found this reference to an FoD page which has been removed gloucestershirelive.co.uk/ab … story.html
so in continued support of this thread, a couple more pics from people who share.
Oily

FoD Jonathan Billinger cc by sa 2.0 289754_9f0e8eb4.jbjpg.jpg

FOD Richard 31387682541_c7ecfdbaba_rso.jpg

FoD Richard 31247809120_bc4888f090rs _k.jpg

Thanks, Oily.
Needless to say, no lorry drivers, sheep , wild boar or bears were implicated in the posts referred to in that article!

On second thoughts, I’m not 100% sure about the sheep!

Leave the bears alone Casey :blush:

Wasn’t me! :wink:

oiltreader:
Always had reservations with regard to FB, even more so having found this reference to an FoD page which has been removed gloucestershirelive.co.uk/ab … story.html
so in continued support of this thread, a couple more pics from people who share.
Oily

Cheers ,Oily great shots once again , regards Keith .

kingswinford kit:

oiltreader:
Oily

Cheers ,Oily great shots once again , regards Keith .

Couple more Keith, one from on the mend and soon back to work Ade, other one Forest of Dean Stone Firms working Barnhill Quarry, Chipping Sodbury.
Oily

FoD Helen Wilkinson cc by sa 2.0 The Barnhill Quarry worked by Forest of Dean Stone Firms Ltd.865636hw _eaeb8690.jpg

ABB thumbnail_IMG_0011ade .jpg

I keep an eye on here and taking it all in…

Hope you’re taking notes for future use, Paul?

Back on the front page again!
This year’s Speech House Vintage Gathering will be on 10th September. For details Google: Speech House Vintage.