Looking for old photo's of Forest of Dean firms

Seems a good enough reason to bring this thread back to the front-

The 2016 SPEECH HOUSE VINTAGE GATHERING will be on Sunday, 11th September. Gates open at 10.00am. For the technically-minded navigators, the postcode of the venue is GL16 7EL.

FoD stalwarts at Speech House 2016.
Oily

oiltreader:
Oily

A fine pair of fellows there, thank’s for the pic. It is good to see that somebody finally made use of our old lounge curtains, and the trousers that I grew out of 50 years ago have also found a new owner! Recycling at its best in the Forest. :laughing:

Pete.

PMSL!!!
I doubt that either of us would have dressed like that if we’d known what prats we looked! In contrast our pal Oily was a picture of sartorial elegance, maybe influenced by the presence of Mrs Oily. :wink:

Well Casey :
told me to look out for a bright shirt when I met him for the first time at Speech House :smiley:

I thought it was rather restrained, actually. The one I was planning to wear got the thumbs-down from the sprog- “Dad, you’re surely not going out looking like that?!” :blush:

oiltreader:
Oily

Hey ROF ,just where did those curtains come from !!1. surely not Primark (how common) . Keith .

John Lewis, mate, but I have to take the lining out for the summer!

Retired Old ■■■■:
John Lewis, mate, but I have to take the lining out for the summer!

Pull yourself together man :laughing: :laughing: .
Oily

The old ones are still the best, oily!

Fred Watkins of Coleford.
Oily

IMG_0037.JPG

lurpak:

Hi lurpak , who do those units actually belong to ? regards keith

kingswinford kit:

lurpak:

Hi lurpak , who do those units actually belong to ? regards keith

Hi Keith I sent you a pm
Ade

I guess most of these were heading for Stowfield Quarry, seem to be a never ending stream, A4163, Mon morning back in Sept.
Oily

A4136 Staunton S&J Transport Scania.jpg

oiltreader:
I guess most of these were heading for Stowfield Quarry, seem to be a never ending stream, A4163, Mon morning back in Sept.
Oily

great pics Oily , yes that stretch of road very busy with quarry stuff , as you probably know not a very good road down from Staunton to Monmouth , regards Keith .

kingswinford kit:

oiltreader:
Oily

great pics Oily , yes that stretch of road very busy with quarry stuff , as you probably know not a very good road down from Staunton to Monmouth , regards Keith .

Been through the Forest many times in the past Keith, never paid too much attention, but a weekend in Sept, gave us the the bug, so a repeat visit on the cards to quote “30,000 acres where mystery, folklore, magic, myth and tradition abound”. Elves in funny clothes :laughing: came across a couple :laughing: say no more :laughing:

A visit to Parkend.
Oily

oiltreader:
30,000 acres where mystery, folklore, magic, myth and tradition abound”. Elves in funny clothes :laughing: came across a couple :laughing: say no more :laughing:

Oily

Just arrived back in sunny (!!!) Macclesfield after an extended stay at the Sprog’s place in God’s Own County. I’ve been denied the use of electronic machinery, so I had to rely on my butty, Lurpak to alert me by text as to the unseemly comments made by our colonial friend (?) north of Hadrians Wall. If yon Oily is contemplating a return visit later this year, I can assure him that there will be at least one of those strangely-attired elves ready to greet him with the traditional JCB1. :unamused: :wink:

Get his postcode Casey,A visit may called for. :open_mouth:

leylandlover:
Get his postcode Casey,A visit may called for. :open_mouth:

He doesn’t do long distance :laughing: