Loading Roll-cages on a Trailer

Running myself since 10 Year with Rollcages the Road up and down i talked with a Driver who lost a Load Milk Cages.
They were loaded sideward,and naturally,the Sidewall of a Box not build to support a Load of 20000 Kilo and more.
We were loading Rollcages sidewards at Royal Mail. But they have Handbrakes,and we loaded only 1 Row sidewards and the other Longwise,safed with 4 Straps to have the Load secure and Stable.
Now,i was woundering how you secure a load Cages when they loaded sidewards. They always rolling left-right you cant stop. I also wouldnt know the Reason why to load it that way,as it is simple to push Cages on the Trailer and secure it. Turning it around is extra Work,extra time and you cant secure it. Of course you put Straps or Bars in,but Cages rolling Sidewards away is most unlikely. On the other Hand Sidewalls not strong enough build to support that Weight.(There are Load supporting Trailers build to carry Melons in bulk,but they are heavy and expensiv)
So i was reading a bit on differend Websites.
:arrow_right: Remember:" The Driver is responsible for the Load!" :exclamation:
Posted here a few Copies for our Roll-Cage Colleges (if one needs a good read)

hse.gov.uk/research/rrpdf/rr862.pdf
hse.gov.uk/food/roll-cages-wheeled-racks.htm
hse.gov.uk/research/rrpdf/rr009.pdf
gov.uk/government/publicati … r-guidance
pacts.org.uk/wp-content/uplo … HSE-34.pdf
dairyuk.org/files/201502_Gui … olleys.pdf
fta.co.uk/export/sites/fta/_ … ay2013.pdf
lifeasatrucker.com/weight-distribution.html
books.google.co.uk/books?id=h5w … er&f=false

I dread to think what kind of driving manoeuvre you’d have to do to eject loaded cages out the side of a box trailer :astonished:

I run them from time to time and just bar them off every 8 cages. 1 sideways 1 forward alternating left and right etc etc.

I run Dutch trollies in a curtain sider facing front to back and strapped every row using 2 chains going from front pillar to back pillar
pulled taught