Load security next week

When my little girl used to come with me she would witness me brewing a tea while driving. ( :open_mouth: :smiley: )
At school she told her teacher that her Dad did drinking and driving. :smiley:

robroy:

Wheel Nut:

edd1974:
Thing that get me

There advertising load security crackdown.
Also a post on here about Cheshire police using a white actros.

Why do.they advertise say what there doing.
It alerts people and thus any decent compnays/drivers make sure there safe and legal.

They should just stop people not advertise there doing it. Catch drivers unaware

Drivers are unaware, just look how many get caught using a phone, eating, drinking by a plain white unit without a trailer! Most of them do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You sound as if ‘‘They’’ have got to you, and you believe all the ■■■■■■■■.
Use of phone?
I’ll give you that, potentially dangerous if done by those who can not multi task, howevet in the old days the figure of phone related accidents were substantial, but not epidemic as they want you to believe…, but yep, I agree not sensible so a ban is a wise move.

Eating and drinking?
Some of the self righteous will have a stroke here, but I personally can see no problem :open_mouth: …shock horror. :open_mouth:

I aint some ham fisted buffoon, so I can drink a coffee with my eyes fully on the road and concentrate.
Same as eating…I aint talking about having your breakfast, a roast meal, or a chilli con [zb] carne here btw, I’m on about a Mars bar, a sarnie or a banana.

Tbh I drive one handed most of time anyway :open_mouth:
Second stroke just kicked off, with a mad rush to the keyboard calling me a carnage causer. :laughing:

So same old same old, any excuse to nick you and extract a few quid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anybody noted any higher levels of activity at known hotspots?

Everywhere I’ve passed that is normally hot has just been normal business (because that’s what it is these days - business).

toonsy:

Everywhere I’ve passed that is normally hot has just been normal business (because that’s what it is these days - business).

Was just gonna say seemed a drama over nothing, if anything they seem to have been fewer about than normal

trevHCS:

Reef:
That bulletin screams pallet network double deckers to me…

Yep although going by many I see, they really could paralyse the pallet networks quite easily and very quickly.

They could park outside certain ones like a hub near Hinkley which deals only in ADR loads. 1 ton IBC on a single internal is seriously common, although someone needs to work out a better way to secure drums.

Got this announcement plastered across our depot but they’ll still accept pallets which are stupidly badly wrapped as they are scared of telling the customer to [fb] sort it out.

Do fridge drivers have these problems or do VOSA leave their cargo alone?

No we don’t as of yet, because they’ve got plenty of curtiansiders to pick on, Also fridge load is, easy, pop a cup in each load lock, drop bar in, shut doors, Crack on.

I pull a fridge and don’t strap ■■■■ all.
Not lost a load…so far

biggriffin:

trevHCS:

Reef:
That bulletin screams pallet network double deckers to me…

Yep although going by many I see, they really could paralyse the pallet networks quite easily and very quickly.

They could park outside certain ones like a hub near Hinkley which deals only in ADR loads. 1 ton IBC on a single internal is seriously common, although someone needs to work out a better way to secure drums.

Got this announcement plastered across our depot but they’ll still accept pallets which are stupidly badly wrapped as they are scared of telling the customer to [fb] sort it out.

Do fridge drivers have these problems or do VOSA leave their cargo alone?

No we don’t as of yet, because they’ve got plenty of curtiansiders to pick on, Also fridge load is, easy, pop a cup in each load lock, drop bar in, shut doors, Crack on.

If a fridge driver is too lazy to stick the bar on the back then there’s no hope. DVSA know that the “real load security offenders” are the ones pulling curtainsiders doing general haulage as they are the ones that don’t carry and can’t possibly carry every single load securing device including all manner of different size and shape edge protectors for all different loads.

nightline:

Darkside:
Just make sure you secure everything that needs to be secured next week…

content.govdelivery.com/account … ns/252526a

You have never heard of scare mongering before what a load of crap
That’s how it works on people like yourself

Thanks you for your measured and intelligent response…

Maybe the next time I am being ironic when I post something I will use emojis to help the less intelligent members spot it.

Just as an aside it didn’t scare me as I wasn’t behind the wheel.

Have a good mate :smiley:

toonsy:

Driving down the m6 last night and spotted dvsa pulling alongside me. Seemed to take a bit of interest in my lorry and pulled in front of me, matching speed.
Waited for the orange lights and follow me to light up but as we got to lymm (I think) services, they pulled in and I carried on. Looked at the clock and it was 2159.

Rowley010:
If a fridge driver is too lazy to stick the bar on the back then there’s no hope.

No hope of what?

Witnesses one being pulled by the Police and checked by both the Police and DVSA today in Leicester Forest East today around 11am.

24 pallets of animal feed with an internal on each one.

Made to put ratchet straps over instead, and probably handed a hefty fine.

mardybum:
Witnesses one being pulled by the Police and checked by both the Police and DVSA today in Leicester Forest East today around 11am.

24 pallets of animal feed with an internal on each one.

Made to put ratchet straps over instead, and probably handed a hefty fine.

This is becoming common now & more evidence that fannying around with internals on heavy loads is a total waste of time. It might make you feel better about yourself or tick a box at whatever place you have loaded, but you the driver will still get fined.

If you aren’t going to strap it down to the bed, you may as well go the whole hog and just pull the curtains and crack on.

Unless you are carrying 28t of glass from the bottle factories of Yorkshire.
Perfectly safe and legal…then.

commonrail:
Unless you are carrying 28t of glass from the bottle factories of Yorkshire.
Perfectly safe and legal…then.

Good point. Carried it for a few years but not recently. Don’t know what they do it now. Had to use internals and anyone that’s carried 52 plts of glass bottles will know how you have to secure them. Especially the beer bottles and medicine bottles. Like pallets of jelly!! Can’t do it from the floor either.

Maybe nothing’s changed because it has to be a most definite “positive fit” so it falls in to XL guidelines?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

From cmpg ,does it read that internals would of been ok ?

Punchy Dan:

The way I understand the regulations, anything double stacked needs to be secured to the deck, regardless of weight. Even if they’d used internals, it wouldn’t be “secure”.

Nite Owl:

Punchy Dan:

The way I understand the regulations, anything double stacked needs to be secured to the deck, regardless of weight. Even if they’d used internals, it wouldn’t be “secure”.

Exactly,but the caption leads me to think internals would be ok on the load shown ,I’d guess if the internals had been used the caption would be about the driver getting a fpn for not using proper straps .

Punchy Dan:

At least if the driver had used the internals, they might have accepted “driver made an effort”. Attitude rest might help at this point too.

Not doing anything gives them free reign to slap driver with a hearty fine / tea and biscuits for just not bothering.

This one however might not get away with internals. Full load of cans with not a single internal and I’d guess not XL curtains, oops.

twitter.com/CMPG/status/1154348 … 12896?s=19