LMO system

I do plan to start sending my resume to companies in manitoba , not to many in saskatchewan as its very rural not a lot of trucking companies in saskatchewan

crt:
Hi, guys, believe it or not i dont work for that company,. i was advised to stay away from there. Truth is i work for for the other one. We even have drivers that came from said company and are actually saying they were treated better there than where they are now.

Sorry, jumped the gun on my post, funnily enough I met another driver who started out where you are now and moved to said company, reckons he’s treated better now.

Hi Neil, your most probably spot on. The drivers here get treated really badly and because ultimately they are all trying to get pr , most grin and bear it, with the promise of sponsorship at the end of the tunnel. However it doesnt turn out well if you stand up for yourself and refuse to be intimidated. The punishment then of not getting your miles or the harassment with the intention of making the job unbearable that you inevitably end up either quitting or being sacked.

crt:
Hi Neil, your most probably spot on. The drivers here get treated really badly and because ultimately they are all trying to get pr , most grin and bear it, with the promise of sponsorship at the end of the tunnel. However it doesnt turn out well if you stand up for yourself and refuse to be intimidated. The punishment then of not getting your miles or the harassment with the intention of making the job unbearable that you inevitably end up either quitting or being sacked.

I really feel for people like you that have moved lock, stock and barrel over here and then get this crap at Co’s, you are in a bit of a fix now though, what do you do ?
The lack of LMIA’s, anywhere, limits you.
If you move elsewhere, it’s the cost for one thing, not only moving costs but your missus would lose her WP and that second income and uprooting the kids but kids if young enough will adapt.
Saying that, the AB spousal WP scheme has finished as of June 2014.
Even “said” Co doesn’t have LMIA’s, no option there.
The grin and bare it seems your only choice at the minute over here.
Are you or your missus qualified and experienced in any job that would fall under Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) if not sure, look on the CIC website.
BTW, I worked for "said " company for 5 years, but different circumstances to you altogether, I was here alone and lived in the truck but I could count on one hand the disagreements I had there.
I certainly didn’t have the problems there, that many had. This is not aimed at you in any shape or form because I don’t know you but what I did see there, was too many drivers saying “I’m not f------ doing that, I’m not f------ going there.” nearly everytime I was in the yard.

Hi, Neil, I know what you mean with drivers saying ,im not going here etc, but only once ive said that in the 6 months ive worked there. that was because i had had enough of running non stop , no proper breaks ,flat out and creative log books!!! Dont get me wrong ,there were drivers treated much worse than me , but for their own reasons put up with it. Unfortunately myself with a family me being Dead through driving tired , speeding everywhere and no proper training is something im not willing to compromise. The options grin and bear it unfortunately is something i;m not going to be able to achieve. lol. I understood when i came over here , it was not going to be easy, i really did think that . Now because iv;e gone against this person,!!! my position at this place is going to be intolerable. So i have a couple of options , go home, switch province or find another lmia in alberta. Considering how much my family have given up for us to come to Canada going home would be the last resort. I have spoken to a company in manitoba , that might be an option, although moving the family again is not fair on my sons who are settled in school and my wife not being able to work is going to affect us financially. The plus side would be from what iv;e been told is pr would be a lot easier to obtain. Perhaps someone would kindly give me some advice on this. last option finding another lmia in alberta , The crazy thing in all this is there are so many jobs available and the main breadwinner is tied to a particular company but your spouse is granted an open work permit, . I do have maybe another option and im currently trying to find out. Years ago back in the uk i achieved a city and guilds qualification in plumbing but after finishing the course never continued in that field and went back driving. Didnt go down that avenue when applying to come to canada because i didnt have the experience to get a job with a plumbing company. Maybe an option although i probably dont think so. Its so frustrating how the dream out here of a better life can suddenly turn into a living hell.

crt:
Hi, Neil, I know what you mean with drivers saying ,im not going here etc, but only once ive said that in the 6 months ive worked there. that was because i had had enough of running non stop , no proper breaks ,flat out and creative log books!!! Dont get me wrong ,there were drivers treated much worse than me , but for their own reasons put up with it. Unfortunately myself with a family me being Dead through driving tired , speeding everywhere and no proper training is something im not willing to compromise. The options grin and bear it unfortunately is something i;m not going to be able to achieve. lol. I understood when i came over here , it was not going to be easy, i really did think that . Now because iv;e gone against this person,!!! my position at this place is going to be intolerable. So i have a couple of options , go home, switch province or find another lmia in alberta. Considering how much my family have given up for us to come to Canada going home would be the last resort. I have spoken to a company in manitoba , that might be an option, although moving the family again is not fair on my sons who are settled in school and my wife not being able to work is going to affect us financially. The plus side would be from what iv;e been told is pr would be a lot easier to obtain. Perhaps someone would kindly give me some advice on this. last option finding another lmia in alberta , The crazy thing in all this is there are so many jobs available and the main breadwinner is tied to a particular company but your spouse is granted an open work permit, . I do have maybe another option and im currently trying to find out. Years ago back in the uk i achieved a city and guilds qualification in plumbing but after finishing the course never continued in that field and went back driving. Didnt go down that avenue when applying to come to canada because i didnt have the experience to get a job with a plumbing company. Maybe an option although i probably dont think so. Its so frustrating how the dream out here of a better life can suddenly turn into a living hell.

On the plumbing, for FSW and to get the AB endorsed Red Seal, you need to have a provable 9000 hrs work in 3yrs of the last 5 yrs. then take the exam over here.
The good news is if anyone has LMIA’s here, you’re at an advantage because, you’re already here, with experience, a licence and no need for a company to pay out on a return flight for you. A drug & ■■■■ test, orientation, you’re good to go.
You understand how PR is in AB ?
Virtually unobtainable because of the timeline between applying and getting the AINP nomination, now at minimum 15mths so if you applied as soon as it is possible (6mths ?) then that takes you to 21mths to get nomination and guarantee a new WP. In the meantime if the company cannot get you a second LMIA, you are then here on a TRV unable to work or go back to the UK and wait for nomination. Plus you are stuck to that company because it is the company that sponsors you, if you change, the whole process starts again.
In MB & SK it is the Govt that sponsors you so you are not tied to one Co, AFAIK.
Somebody from over there can explain how it works.

Been looking into things and maybe another option is the express entry system . My wifes occupation comes under the federal skilled worker program. She has all the qualification s and experience to be eligible to go into the pool and hopefully get picked to apply for pr . From what I understand if she gets picked to apply then from what I understand if successful then she could get pr in around 6 months. Doing it this way maybe our best option because I’ve wasted 8 months already on my 2 yr work permit. Hopefully if this works and I manage to get a new lmia myself. Then we won’t have to worry about the timescale so much. . . Am I right .any information gratefully accepted

After speaking to you the other night my mate from the little town you mentioned called me.

He works for the competition, but reckons that job is a good one and he confirmed that they have LMIA as he knew the person who makes the applications.

After more thought I’m sure this is your best option, the small town thing doesn’t have to be the problem we thought it might be as we never thought about living in the big city and commuting to work, it’s an hour and half each way, but no big deal if you only do it once a week.

newmercman:
After speaking to you the other night my mate from the little town you mentioned called me.

He works for the competition, but reckons that job is a good one and he confirmed that they have LMIA as he knew the person who makes the applications.

After more thought I’m sure this is your best option, the small town thing doesn’t have to be the problem we thought it might be as we never thought about living in the big city and commuting to work, it’s an hour and half each way, but no big deal if you only do it once a week.

Thanks newmercman. im going to ring them tomorrow. you right we never thought about that idea. Im going to have some serious thinking to do this weekend. I need to find out the express entry system which i mentioned in my other post. that may well be the lifeline i need. Il give you a ring later on in the week. Thanks again mate.

Neil, who was running the company when u worked there?

neilg14:

crt:

I really feel for people like you that have moved lock, stock and barrel over here and then get this crap at Co’s, you are in a bit of a fix now though, what do you do ?
The lack of LMIA’s, anywhere, limits you.
If you move elsewhere, it’s the cost for one thing, not only moving costs but your missus would lose her WP and that second income and uprooting the kids but kids if young enough will adapt.
Saying that, the AB spousal WP scheme has finished as of June 2014.
Even “said” Co doesn’t have LMIA’s, no option there.
The grin and bare it seems your only choice at the minute over here.
Are you or your missus qualified and experienced in any job that would fall under Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) if not sure, look on the CIC website.
BTW, I worked for "said " company for 5 years, but different circumstances to you altogether, I was here alone and lived in the truck but I could count on one hand the disagreements I had there.
I certainly didn’t have the problems there, that many had. This is not aimed at you in any shape or form because I don’t know you but what I did see there, was too many drivers saying “I’m not f------ doing that, I’m not f------ going there.” nearly everytime I was in the yard.

Hi Neil yes my wife is qualified in one of the occupations on the federal skilled workers . We going to try it that way, i still need to find a new lmia because my employment with current employer is at a stage where it has gone beyond grin and bear it.

to much working for free with Canadian company,s I worked for that company in lethbridge and it wasn,t good to much fighting to get time off to many times underpaid and can,t get it back way way to many breakdowns I left and came back to the uk after 7 years some people enjoy it some people don,t all I can say is go give it a try but don,t give up everything in the uk just in case