Liverpool hauliers 1970/80

Anybody remember Wrexmore, did carpets, ERFs, based in Wrexmore Way, Wavertree, under the railway bridge in the mid 70s ?

Bryce Boyd, did timber at Liverpool Docks, Leyland ?

Noticed wheelnut was asking for pictures of Peerless refining trucks, not the 8 wheelers, but think these where the same job

And a view from the rear

gandy:
Yes, i did mean Michael O Leary, sorry about that, is the chinese six Borderer ex Killingbeck ?

this the same michael o’leary who works for bobby maguire in kirby ind est driving a volvo globetrotter xl working out of eldapoint ? he is in his 50’s now like

mark h:

gandy:
Yes, i did mean Michael O Leary, sorry about that, is the chinese six Borderer ex Killingbeck ?

this the same michael o’leary who works for bobby maguire in kirby ind est driving a volvo globetrotter xl working out of eldapoint ? he is in his 50’s now like

I very much doubt it, I’m 53 now and Michael O’Leary would’ve been at least 20 years older than me. I know Bobby quite well and worked with him in Birkenhead for a few years about 23yrs ago.

Ross.

ok ross cheers, maybe his father? i worked on same estate as were maguires r now,in kirby for joe glanville (port logistics)

mark h:
ok ross cheers, maybe his father? i worked on same estate as were maguires r now,in kirby for joe glanville (port logistics)

No probs mate, I know Joe but his brother Ged is a friend of mine.

Ross.

bigr250:

mark h:

No probs mate, I know Joe but his brother Ged is a friend of mine.

Ross.

Hiya lads …I found the ERF last saturday in Malta the reg was ALV 467 S its a day cab with a Gardner under the bonnet
was it yours at one time

John

looking for any pics of acompany called ve haulage and steerside thay operated out of bootle
trying to get some pics for my dad {memory lane} as his health is not to good his truck was a daf reg BDM153S

steerside:
looking for any pics of acompany called ve haulage and steerside thay operated out of bootle
trying to get some pics for my dad {memory lane} as his health is not to good his truck was a daf reg BDM153S

dont know about VE. Steerside , from Dublin ? Black DAFS, Red Bull Horns on the Fridges ?

when did ye Dad work for them ?

3300John:
Hiya lads …I found the ERF last saturday in Malta the reg was ALV 467 S its a day cab with a Gardner under the bonnet
was it yours at one time

John

Three possibilities spring to mind with regard to the original owners of this one:

(1) Allied Mills at Seaforth, who were running an almost exclusively 8LXB-engined B-Series fleet when this was new

(2) Hansons Dairy on Long Lane, Aintree

(3) Guinness at Runcorn

marky:

3300John:
was it yours at one time

John

Three possibilities spring to mind with regard to the original owners of this one:

(1) Allied Mills at Seaforth, who were running an almost exclusively 8LXB-engined B-Series fleet when this was new

(3) Guinness at Runcorn

Sutton’s even?

routier:

steerside:

dont know about VE. Steerside , from Dublin ? Black DAFS, Red Bull Horns on the Fridges ?

when did ye Dad work for them ?

1977/78 he then went to richard proctors /spencer steel /shell/ back to falcongate where he was attacked in romo he never really recovered
came with me a few times but never the same still to this day wont tell me what happened just trying to get some pics for him thanks eddie

240 Gardner:

marky:

3300John:
was it yours at one time

John

(3) Guinness at Runcorn

Sutton’s even?

Every chance of it being a Suttons wagon Chris - well spotted.

The way to tell if it was an Allied Mills (Seaforth or Ainscoughs) motor would be if it had a fabricated step down from the battery carrier on the nearside of the chassis. They all had them - made out of chequerplate, with a matching chequerplate/timber cover over the batteries.

Anyone remember Norwest Sand and Ballast CoCollingwood Dock in the 70s White and red Ford D800s
Foden S21 8 legger 2 stroke, you could here it a mile away and an Albion Riever 6 legger.

and Woodwards of Formby, maroon Atkis? who had a nice tipper fleet, I think they built the bodies,ally with a distinctive hinge on the tailboard, they owned Wellington Haulage…blue tippers from Stoneycroft, L`pool. also anyone remember Rhosbothams of Bickerstaffe?..similar wagons to Woodwards.

and Walton Haulage from near Evertons ground…Bedford artics?

also Arthur Hughes from Bootle [Forth street]

Anybody remember Wenning Transport from L’pool? I inherited one of their Mandators in 1975 - OKC 130M and I was told that they did meat haulage,Irish in particular.

Sniffy:
Noticed wheelnut was asking for pictures of Peerless refining trucks, not the 8 wheelers, but think these where the same job

I missed this post, thanks Sniffy. They must have been right at the end of Peerless Refining life, but they are shortening tanks as I requested. The DAF ATi came out in 1986

good pics them kev,stuart was a good lad,any of nickys from the gbs days…

truckspark:
just got these from a ex driver does anyone remember this firm what a character the owner was :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :unamused: :unamused: :wink:

if anyone has pics of any liverpool companies please post thanks

Any got anymore info on this firm my dad worked for them i spent lots of school hols with him in and out of Irlande a lot