Lidi aldi

The worst thing about tipping a full trailer at Aldi is that they get loaded the wrong way round, so each pallet needs turning before pushing down the lane. Takes bloody ages, but it’s better than festering in a waiting room!

slowlane:
The worst thing about tipping a full trailer at Aldi is that they get loaded the wrong way round, so each pallet needs turning before pushing down the lane. Takes bloody ages, but it’s better than festering in a waiting room!

Depends what your tipping.The loads we do into Chelmsford are all round the correct way.Long forks.In and out in 40mins.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Those pallet trucks are easy. Only risk is avoiding the lemons who don’t find it easy :laughing: . Self tip is more fun than waiting in waiting room,

I’ve never been convinced it’s that quicker overall in a day. Practically probably the same. If you need a 45 min break somewhere with an rdc you can take it on the bay. Aldi and self tip places, well, you’re not supposed to :laughing: .

Does your contract of employment state that you will be required to do the tipping :question:

Strange this, all open to everyone’s views on E&S, we are getting problems with a DHL depot, refusing to allow the driver to load off the loading dock, they have to load it, fine if it’s pallets in a curtain, but if it’s on wheels in a box It’s different, that load it but restrain nothing, we then have to pull off the dock, unload most of it by Tail Lift to strap it.

why would you strap anything like cages in a box?
2 straps across the back and job done.
or if its to tosco ott spec,why dont you play them at their own game of h&s pish and refuse to move the trailer unless the cages are strapped every row?
insecure load and all that?

ROG:
Does your contract of employment state that you will be required to do the tipping :question:

Why would it need to? It will no doubt have the ‘and any other reasonable duties as the employer sees fit…’ (or similar) caveat. It’s highly unlikely that a lorry driver unloading his lorry would be considered unreasonable by an employment tribunal, hence tipping will be covered.

toonsy:
In days of over zealous health and safety warriors it’s actually a nice and welcome change.

I don’t need to worry about pinning myself to the side of a trailer because I’m not an idiot. I don’t need to worry about running myself over, again because I’m not an idiot :unamused:

I think this is all we need to say on the subject. If you can’t use a pallet truck you really shouldn’t be allowed in a truck. The end!

I’ve had to go to an Aldi and a Lidl for the first time recently, Lidl Southampton I was really impressed with. A nice young eastern European girl walked me through everything tipping wise, showed me where she wanted the stuff, signed my paperwork and made sure everything was ok. I thought it was quite pleasant, only ball ache was waiting for the paperwork afterwords.

Redrum:
I’ve had to go to an Aldi and a Lidl for the first time recently, Lidl Southampton I was really impressed with. A nice young eastern European girl walked me through everything tipping wise, showed me where she wanted the stuff, signed my paperwork and made sure everything was ok. I thought it was quite pleasant, only ball ache was waiting for the paperwork afterwords.

But even then there’s toilets, showers, a smoking area, the ability to wait in your vehicle for a bit instead of waiting inside…

yourhavingalarf:
Aldi Neston…

One of Eddies managed to crush his foot/leg/knee what ever, a large claim went in so now they’re tipping you.

Aldi Chelmsford they tip you.

Aldi Swindon can’t comment haven’t been there for over a year.

Aldi Rothersthorpe you tip yourself.

Aldi Darlington they tip you.

Aldi Cardiff you tip yourself.

Just returned from Darlington. They don’t.

I’ve self tipped tipped at Aldi and Lidl rdc’s in the past…
I didn’t mind doing it, and was very confident with the pallet trucks,
so no problem.
the only objection I have is that the work we are doing whilst there is depriving local people of jobs…

Trukkertone:
so no problem.
the only objection I have is that the work we are doing whilst there is depriving local people of jobs…

That’s how Lidl and Aldi can keep their prices down in the shops.

Trapped my foot at aldi in atherstone. Another driver had to use his truck to lift mine off my foot. Bad bruise and quite painful. Had to shout for help rather loudly. Daftlly I didn’t pursue anything. I should of.

Trukkertone:
so no problem.

The fact you are taking goods produced elsewhere to that depot is also depriving local people of jobs…

red7jase:
Trapped my foot at aldi in atherstone. Another driver had to use his truck to lift mine off my foot. Bad bruise and quite painful. Had to shout for help rather loudly. Daftlly I didn’t pursue anything. I should of.

Regardless of whether a claim should have been pursued, you certainly should have reported the incident and had it recorded in their accident book. Firstly just in case things went ■■■■ up, the injury turned gangrenous and you ended up losing your foot and unable to work, secondly so that they were aware that their processes had resulted in an injury and maybe, just maybe they need to reconsider their approach to letting folks loose with an electric pallet truck…

dieseldog999:
why would you strap anything like cages in a box?
2 straps across the back and job done.
or if its to tosco ott spec,why dont you play them at their own game of h&s pish and refuse to move the trailer unless the cages are strapped every row?
insecure load and all that?

It’s not cages. The items fit two across and are on swivelling castors, two across with 18” gap down the side, hence side to side movement.

red7jase:

i rest my case

littlejay:

yourhavingalarf:
Aldi Neston…

One of Eddies managed to crush his foot/leg/knee what ever, a large claim went in so now they’re tipping you.

Aldi Chelmsford they tip you.

Aldi Swindon can’t comment haven’t been there for over a year.

Aldi Rothersthorpe you tip yourself.

Aldi Darlington they tip you.

Aldi Cardiff you tip yourself.

Just returned from Darlington. They don’t.

This highlights…

The discrepencies inside depots. Ambient and chill appear to have different rules.

Roymondo:

Trukkertone:
so no problem.

The fact you are taking goods produced elsewhere to that depot is also depriving local people of jobs…

But providing us with our work.
:slight_smile: