lidi info

Hi peeps My partner has been offered a job subbing for lidi out of enfield just wondered if anyone could give me the sp on the job the boss does not know to much about it cos it is a new contract i know it will be pulling a fridge trailer but not lidi trailers thanks carol

PS did i read somewhere that lidi were pulling out of the uk ■■? And does anyone know the address for enfield depot cant find it anywhere

read that they are being bought out by on of the big supermarket chains, can’t remember which one.
edit no it was Nettos being taken over not LIdl

Cannot speak for the UK,but over here,their drivers(subbies),are expected to come in to the warehouse,load their pallets,in whatever section of the warehouse thats applicable,(dry,chilled or frozen)then go to the other two sections,to finish off their load.All loaded by the driver. Then, as well as getting the paperwork for the load,theyre given a key and security code for the shop,which in turn,they must open and offload into,ON THEIR OWN!
I think it is bordering on criminal.
Suppliers must offload themselves,by pallet OR handball,which I discovered 8/9 years ago,on the only load I did to the kip.I wasn`t too bad,9/10 pallets,but the poor git beside me had a full 45ft lo/lo container,loaded top to bottom,front to back with boxes of wine.ALL HANDBALL,and keep the barcodes on the outside for their (skeleton)staff of checkers to check-in.CRIMINAL!

Same over here.

I’ve been to a few places on boxes where they’ve expected me to tip it, and got told where to go and jump.

BUT, I did an Aldi and it was all pallets, told our place they wanted me to tip it, our place said “yeah, that’s right, we pay you extra £25 (I think it was) to do it”… Took me about 20 mins…

But, I’ve also had places like co-op telling me I won’t get tipped unless I help them… "■■■■ OFF !! " :slight_smile:

whiplash:
Cannot speak for the UK,but over here,their drivers(subbies),are expected to come in to the warehouse,load their pallets,in whatever section of the warehouse thats applicable,(dry,chilled or frozen)then go to the other two sections,to finish off their load.All loaded by the driver. Then, as well as getting the paperwork for the load,theyre given a key and security code for the shop,which in turn,they must open and offload into,ON THEIR OWN!
I think it is bordering on criminal.
Suppliers must offload themselves,by pallet OR handball,which I discovered 8/9 years ago,on the only load I did to the kip.I wasn`t too bad,9/10 pallets,but the poor git beside me had a full 45ft lo/lo container,loaded top to bottom,front to back with boxes of wine.ALL HANDBALL,and keep the barcodes on the outside for their (skeleton)staff of checkers to check-in.CRIMINAL!

Exactly the same here as well. Once you’ve loaded yourself, this will include trying to get 33 euros on a trl, which are always overloaded and very badly wrapped you get the keys to the stores deliver everything which if your lucky is on a bay but alot of stores are taillift, then pick up the rubbish and freezer boxes then you have to tip yourself back at the rdc which means putting everything in the right place, taking out the freezer packs and stacking them up and sorting all the recycling,milk trolleys, pallets etc.

Truly ■■■■■■■ awful job.

Carol babe:
Hi peeps My partner has been offered a job subbing for lidi out of enfield just wondered if anyone could give me the sp on the job the boss does not know to much about it cos it is a new contract i know it will be pulling a fridge trailer but not lidi trailers thanks carol

PS did i read somewhere that lidi were pulling out of the uk ■■? And does anyone know the address for enfield depot cant find it anywhere

ardra road just of the new rd after pickets lock going towards tottenham.It,s actually edmonton :laughing:

Thanks peeps for your helpful info. I cant see hubby doing that. Oh well he will have to stay on the agency for now

I wonder do our colleagues in Germany or France do all that we seem to have to?Methinks nay,nay and thrice nay!

I tip at Lidl Enfield most weeks on the fridge side

Its a typical Lidl - You tip yourself and have to break all of the pallets down so that each type of produce is on its own pallet. If you complain or don’t do it properly they will not sign the POD’s :confused:

No matter how quiet the people are inside, they will not help you in anyway and it always takes me about 2 - 3 hours to tip/separate and get my paperwork before leaving. All in all its a ■■■■ place but nowhere as bad as Lidl at Belvedere!

yes they do load and tip just like every one else
AND the BAG does sit outside by the German RDC
and carry out vehicle checks,

VOSA have been know to be outside Lidli Newton Aycliffe where you have to load & unload yourself get the keys & electric pallet truck keys for the stores when you arrive you then have to open up unload the badly wrapped pallets then reload the rubbish etc then return to RDC to unload

Most driver hate this

Carol babe:
been offered a job subbing for lidi out of enfield…the boss does not know to much about it

UK transport at its finest !!!

If a driver is expected to do his own job PLUS that of a warehouse man, he should be paid for both jobs!

whiplash:
I wonder do our colleagues in Germany or France do all that we seem to have to?Methinks nay,nay and thrice nay!

They certainly do in France and it isn’t just Aldi and Lidl

Many factories and warehouses just expect you to load yourself, some let you use an electric truck some lend you a spanish palletiser

Accepting Wheelnut, what you say is indeed true,it amazes me.Didnt think the French OR Germans for that matter would put up with that crap. This would explain so, why everything in their stores is so cheap.They have eejits (no offence meant to anyone on here),who do two or three jobs for Lidl/Aldi,while probably not even employed by the said company.Ryanair come back,all is forgiven! "Spanish Palletiser",whats this? :confused:

It’s bad enough they get their own drivers to do it, but to make drivers who do not work for them tip their own load is taking the (zb). Surely there’s some sort of rule against this? like not being insured to work in the warehouse (in case of injury) not being trained to handle the equipment etc, the kind of thing elf and safety was invented for.

The French and the Germans probably get paid considerably more than U.K drivers, I would say a fair rate we be around the £13 per hour mark as an employed driver, what the subbies earn must be worth the hassle, or surely nobody would do it.

whiplash:
“Spanish Palletiser”,what`s this? :confused:

Manual :stuck_out_tongue:

mike68:
The French and the Germans probably get paid considerably more than U.K drivers, I would say a fair rate we be around the £13 per hour mark as an employed driver, what the subbies earn must be worth the hassle, or surely nobody would do it.

I think that you will find you are better payed mate :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

every time this topic gets an airing I am still amazed that this practice is still permitted, especially for drivers not directly employed by these companies.
Insurance , health and safety and security all raise their own particular issues.
Would be interesting to see who carried the can if a visiting driver left the store unlocked when leaving and the store was then robbed.
Or if things alledgedly go missing.
Thats not even considering if something happened to said driver whilst in store, i.e. running over foot with pallet truck/slipping on wet floor etc and needing medical assistance.
I wonder, do the drivers have access to all parts of the store ? eg toilets etc.
I assume that they must also have codes for burglar alarms etc.
It all adds up to putting a great deal of responsibility on the driver for things that most drivers would not even consider part of their job.
I used to deliver to Next stores after closing time but there was always staff in attendance and my job was only to the store door.