lidi info

Grayham:
It’s bad enough they get their own drivers to do it, but to make drivers who do not work for them tip their own load is taking the (zb). Surely there’s some sort of rule against this? like not being insured to work in the warehouse (in case of injury) not being trained to handle the equipment etc, the kind of thing elf and safety was invented for.

i don’t think Lidl actually employ drivers now do they ? few years back i did a bit on agency for some extra cash ,co-op with wincanton …not bad but felt a bit vague in the office , Somerfield again with wincanton very on the ball, & Lidl at
W-S-M
have to say Lidl was a nightmare from start to finish, took me nearly an our to load myself as there was nobody there to ask apart from other drivers who were in the same predicament, matter of fact one driver was loading the nearest pallets to the bay knowing full well the numbers on the pallets didn’t correspond to his notes, he said that a bit of every thing for each store should be ok & left :open_mouth:

once loaded i had 3 drops, but i hadn’t even reached bristol before the phone started ringing , 'what time d’ya think you’ll get back as we need the truck by 9am tommorow morning

i had the shop keys & apart from one actual shop bay , the other was tail lift & sissor lift , & having to unload & load all the empties each time ,it’s not good being in town at kicking out time & yer doing this on yer own & still the phone calls every 20 mins , when you be back ? we need truck for 7am , 8am , 6am etc , , come the end i unplugged the phone & left the unit & trailer complete in the yard when i got back .

awfull experience & bad working practice , evn got another call for a lidl job again i said no , agency asked me to name my price , they were desparate …sorry mate you just don’t have that sort of money

whiplash:
I wonder do our colleagues in Germany or France do all that we seem to have to?Methinks nay,nay and thrice nay!

In my experience our European friends take a much more active role in loading their trucks than we do. In fact at any big warehouse in Europe it’s fairly uncommon to see drivers in their cabs, they are mostly at the back watching it be loaded if they’re not doing it themselves.

MolePower:
matter of fact one driver was loading the nearest pallets to the bay knowing full well the numbers on the pallets didn’t correspond to his notes, he said that a bit of every thing for each store should be ok & left :open_mouth:

Thats exactley what every driver should do. Bugger it up and Lidls will have to go back to loading the wagons with THEIR own loaders.

I was in LIDLS 3 weeks ago for a backload. Lol the driver in the bay next to me knocked over a full pallet of Nescafe coffee lol the whole pallett had to be scrapped because of glass contamination, i was wetting myself laughing. :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:
My gaffa went mental when I told him what we had to do and he said do it this time and in future we wont be doing LIDLs again. :sunglasses:

i worked for lidl for about four weeks (wsm) as a subbie thought i had done well to get a contract that used your truck on a double shift 7 days a week 52 weeks a year unitil we started.i took on a new driver we went out together for the first week loading and unloading ourselfs WOW i was knackered the new driver lasted a week i lasted 2 weeks took on another driver on he lasted 2 days more or less told me where to shove it.
its not just loading yourself at the warehouse you have to take all the stores rubbish empty cages pallets etc back to the warehouse. so if you go out with four drops (thats what we had) you have to unload all the rubbish to get to your next delivery . i can tell you it was a joke, having said that if you only had one maybe two drops may not be so bad some of the guys that been there for some time has those kind of runs to themselfs

john

Funniest thing I ever saw was at Aldi (Same as Lidl, you unload yourself)
Two Irish lads parked on the next bay to me, came in and were told to unload themselves. Told the chequer “ we don’t know how to drive the trucks” so they were given the 1 minute tuition and told to get on with it.

Now anyone who has delivered to any of these crap places know that if you damage your goods they either make you load it back on or refuse to sign your P.O.D.

Well I had to admire these two, because in the next row to where they were putting their stuff there was a full row of flour, and every time they brought one of their pallets off they accidentally ran into these pallets of flour.(No damage to their stuff)

By the time they had finished it looked like it had been snowing.
The guy in charge said to them “ don’t come back here again” and the two Irish lads went away with a look of satisfaction on their face. Nice.

Surely the subbies know the onditions include loading & unloading before they start pulling for these firms don’t they. Reading some of the replies to this tread it seems the loading & unloading bit has come as a surprise to a few people. I know a few drivers who have delivered out of W.S.M depot for Lidls & they’ve never complained about the job.

BB

You want to try doing “air lock” deliveries for Boots or TK Maxx, a nightmare !.

Basilbrush:
Surely the subbies know the onditions include loading & unloading before they start pulling for these firms don’t they. Reading some of the replies to this tread it seems the loading & unloading bit has come as a surprise to a few people. I know a few drivers who have delivered out of W.S.M depot for Lidls & they’ve never complained about the job.

BB

In my case it was a last minute backload to pay way home. Gaffa didnt know what Lidls was about having never picked a load up from them before. He does now though! :grimacing:

NISA (Bibbys soon to be DHL) in Scunthorpe have a bad rep for the store deliveries up to 8 drops in the day plus load rubbish, you have to pull cages/pallet truck across all sorts of surfaces into the shop, and a lot of the shop staff will not lift a finger to help, has a reputation locally as a terrible job, BUT the money and tackle are top notch, in excess of £30,000 pa, but always wanting drivers.