LHD Ford Transcontinentals

robthedog:

ERF-NGC-European:

robthedog:

ERF-NGC-European:
NMPs

Top one is Hooperman
Bottom is RHD

:laughing: whoops yes - I’ve deleted the RHD one. Yes, you’re right about the remaining one showing Chris Hooper. I didn’t bother putting his name on because he was so well known, but perhaps you’re right again to include it for younger readers who may not have heard of him. Cheers!

A dying breed unfortunately the likes of, that will never be seen again in the modern world of LOGISTICS !!

Yes indeed! I met him several times down the road. I think the last time I saw him was just short of the Saudi / Qatar border. He was on the way down and I was homeward bound. We stopped for a cuppa tea in the desert.

Dwp’s

CCAT

NMP

Kev was a left

French example

Middle-East work. NMP

LZ

L

robthedog:
L

Air-con! Hot in Greece :wink:

EHJ Plate as well

Seen on transcon fb site from a French fb site, transcontinental Colorado.

Steve

VDL

Great photo

robthedog:
Great photo

I agree!

Here’s another:

271916532_10224396369769988_4848104222649111074_n.jpg

Italy mit 3 Achse von Campana.

Looks like one of them dodgy backstreet Moroccan delivery/collections

robthedog:

My first thoughts too! But then I noticed it was a tilt. Mmm… In those days a tilt was still just possible in Morocco ,but only reinforced box trailers were feasable after that period.

ERF-NGC-European:

robthedog:

My first thoughts too! But then I noticed it was a tilt. Mmm… In those days a tilt was still just possible in Morocco ,but only reinforced box trailers were feasable after that period.

Forgive my ignorance, but did North Africa become a more lawless place, for some reason?

[zb]
anorak:

ERF-NGC-European:

robthedog:

Forgive my ignorance, but did North Africa become a more lawless place, for some reason?

Anorak,

Think it was because of the clandestine/ immigrant whatever the correct word is these days.