Leonard Green Transport

this one bri ( not my pics)forgot to ask your dad his Mick still about George walker asked after him, worked together at Len greens

image.jpeg you do look like him Bri

Thanks for them photos Alan.last I new are mick was still in wath some were. ant seen him for about two years.mi dad and him dont see eye to eye.think his last job was driving for NCB.

Cheers Bri ask him if he remember my dads old parkgate ERF

models

revman:
hi carl pete kitchen is usualy at donny market according to dave parkin big alf passed away only last year dont know the other drivers some others still about-my brother dave graham-brian makepeace(usally at thry country park)george childs regards to your dad has he any photos-alan

Sorry to be partisan.They ran a few Traders didn’t they ?

Tony

never saw any traders tony mostly ERF fleet

revman:
0never saw any traders tony mostly ERF fleet

There’s a photo somewhere in a book I’ve got and there a some Traders with the heavier motors in the garage all lined up ready to go. Wasn’t another firm in similer colours though and didn’t they have garage at the back of T.C.Harrison in London Road.

Tony

Len green were on barbers avenue Rawmarsh Rotherham Tony, can’t think who you mean but would like to see the picture, only one I can think of were laycock Bedfords on little London road Sheffield, Chris webb might know,regards Alan

revman:
Len green were on barbers avenue Rawmarsh Rotherham Tony, can’t think who you mean but would like to see the picture, only one I can think of were laycock Bedfords on little London road Sheffield, Chris webb might know,regards Alan

I often come across it when not looking, so ill have another look after the week end.

Tony

IMG_5687.JPG

whishfull thinking,what might have been

revman:
len greens habbershon contract fleet early sixties

This is For Glyn Woodward re Jj Sheperds outibridge Leonard greens Habbershon contract fleet later transferred to Shepperds when they took over the contract,sorry I can’t post pics since they changed the settings on here,(file to Large when posting off I pad)

rastone:

revman:
0never saw any traders tony mostly ERF fleet

There’s a photo somewhere in a book I’ve got and there a some Traders with the heavier motors in the garage all lined up ready to go. Wasn’t another firm in similer colours though and didn’t they have garage at the back of T.C.Harrison in London Road.

Tony

You might be thinking of Fred Crowthers of Sandal, Wakefield. Their livery was very similar to Greens, and they did run Traders along with ERFs. There’s a shot of them in one of Bob Tuck’s books if I remember right.

ERF LV,by Gary Brookfield

fodenway:

rastone:

revman:
never saw any traders tony mostly ERF fleet

Tony

You might be thinking of Fred Crowthers of Sandal, Wakefield. Their livery was very similar to Greens, and they did run Traders along with ERFs. There’s a shot of them in one of Bob Tuck’s books if I remember right.

This is one of Crowther’s ERFs,not in colour unfortunately,but their livery was similar to Greens.Not my photo.
I can’t think of any company in Sheffield with similar livery though,at least not at the moment…

I seem to remember some rigids parked up off London road for year’s Cowans? similar colours I think.You might have a better memory than me Chris.

Singo55:
I seem to remember some rigids parked up off London road for year’s Cowans? similar colours I think.You might have a better memory than me Chris.

Hi Singo.
Yes,George Cowen it was,green Reivers with gold type lettering,used to see them regular at Gleadless Townend.Always seen carrying bars but i don’t know who for.IIRC their address was Carrfield Road.

Chris Webb:

Singo55:

Hi Singo.
Yes,George Cowen it was,green Reivers with gold type lettering,used to see them regular at Gleadless Townend.Always seen carrying bars but i don’t know who for.IIRC their address was Carrfield Road.

Hi Chris,
That’s right he had a son Mick was an amateur boxer didn’t take over but started on his own later with a couple of Marathons?pulling bulk trailers on scrap.

[attachment=0]8133A2ED-F3AD-40D8-BF35-28E5DE866C41.jpeg[/attachment]Leonard Green ERF tipper, Pilot tipping gear