Leonard Green Transport

L Green (Garages) Ltd Advert for Dennis Maxim - Transport supplement Sheffield Morning Telegraph 15th May 1968 - 4d

Front office at Transport House , Barbers Ave, Rawmarsh.
From a pack of family photos dated March 1961
Colin Green with his back to the camera
Does any one recognise this person ?

ERF 6384WX on Pumps Barbers Ave
Dated March 1961

Colin Green(Seated) & unknown friend @ the botton end of the Barbers Avenue site estimated date late 1950s
Any one know who this is ?

Colin Green & Vauxhall LET 281 at the botton end of the Barbers Avenue site estimated date late 1950s

Greens at a Road Haulage Association

Left to right
Unknown,Leonard Green (Junior), Kitty (Kathleen) Green, Eileen Green, Leonard Green (Senior), Gareth Round (Family friend), Mrs Carole Green.
Believed to be taken at a RHA do in Birmingham dated late 1959 or very early 1960

Press photo’s found in Leonard Greens files.
Any one know the Driver and the story ?

David M Green:
Top Garage photo dated 03.1965

Leonard Green (Garages) Limited
TRANSPORT HOUSE,
BARBERS AVENUE,
PARKGATE,
NR ROTHERHAM,
S62 6DE,
UNITED KINGDOM
Telephone Rawmarsh 2333/7

Hi again david the lorry poking out of the garage was a Austin sheerline part of the BMC promotion there were only two of these built (GPO had the other one) it was the first artic I drove at greens,dave parkin once took it out & he was greatly amused when some driver asked him if it was a Scania.the guy in the office could be trev clapham who was traffic manager before tommy slater the small fleet pics were his, the erf on the pumps was driven by George child’s ( it’s on one of the Peter Davies pics) will have a word with a guy who worked in the top garage regards alan

David M Green:
Press photo’s found in Leonard Greens files.
Any one know the Driver and the story ?

That is a smethwick based tractor–see the arj wood cab crest it had a new cab on& was used for shunting with lol bell the night loader

David M Green:
Top garage @ Barbers Ave.Rawmarsh opening 03.1965
On the extreme left Audrey Green (in the white coat - Colin Greens wife) & Maureen Green (in Hat)
I don’t recogise any one else does any one else ?

Frank green ? In the centre

erf Sabrina in parkgate livery

self with Dennis maxim TWY 813F -1967 this lorry was in the 1967 commercial motor show at kelvin hall Glasgow but never seen any pics

Brian makepiece (in blue overalls)Len greens-hill state-alan Stinson -abs .can be seen fishing most days at thrybergh country park

All the following pictures are taken from a very old faded newspaper my Dad Leonard Green Junior kept.
I’ve already posted the text earlier (in my earlier mega blog)
I’ve also asked Rikki UK (Our moderator) to make them availble for public veiw
Does any one recognise ?
Leonard Green Limited Page 8 - Sheffield Telegraph Friday January 18th 1963

Any one you recognise ?

Scan10006Leonard Green Limited Page 8 - Sheffield Telegraph Friday January 18th 1963.jpg

Colin & Eileen Green on Left hand side