Leicester's Bygone's

robinswh:
see what happens when you vote labour paul

:smiley: wouldn’t let that lot loose with a Dinky Wayne

Guy-Warrior-Tipper-Lorry-A-Fletcher-Of.jpg

1954-Sentinel-8-Wheeler-Afletcher-Of-Ibstock.jpg

NMP cracking photos

Note the ancient tachograph in the second picture Paul …my dad had an identical one in his 1951 Maudsley (AEC mark 3 really) used to be piece of grease paper placed behind a moving stem which recorded the movement of the lorry. The thing used to come open and clout me on the head !!

coomsey:
Birchers of Ibstock

Just fab :sunglasses: . Who ever suggested that lorries aren’t beautiful? I certainly loved these in my youth. Robert

Hu01776-d1.jpg

ERF-NGC-European:

coomsey:
Birchers of Ibstock

Just fab :sunglasses: . Who ever suggested that lorries aren’t beautiful? I certainly loved these in my youth. Robert

She stands well for sure Robert, doesn’t look too old, would she have been in red?

robinswh:
Note the ancient tachograph in the second picture Paul …my dad had an identical one in his 1951 Maudsley (AEC mark 3 really) used to be piece of grease paper placed behind a moving stem which recorded the movement of the lorry. The thing used to come open and clout me on the head !!

I never had any dealings with them Wayne, but am assured you could fiddle them

coomsey:
Leics reg, does anyone know her?

That was in a yard on Harrison close in wigston, from about 1991, I remember seeing it all the while when I worked for AML Transport, our yard was next door to it .
Nearly inquired about buying it to restore.

Narborough Transport of Littlethorpe,
Photo courtesy of Pod ,

NT Motors Seddy

Enderby Transport

Hitmanesk:
NT Motors Seddy

Cant see from these photos but certainly later headboards were reversible with Empire Stone on other side. Can remember seeing these when handballing 16 ton of Alexandra Stone off in the yard where I worked.

Steevo:

Hitmanesk:
NT Motors Seddy

Cant see from these photos but certainly later headboards were reversible with Empire Stone on other side. Can remember seeing these when handballing 16 ton of Alexandra Stone off in the yard where I worked.

Looks like they were removable :wink:

Now a bygone

0__DSC0689.jpg
N threepence back on your bottle ? NMP

coomsey:
N threepence back on your bottle ? NMP

Just how I started my driving career, not with Hoyes and not with that motor, but with a Commer Bantam Karrier as a pop man for the Co-op in Nottingham. Started the day I passed my car test. :laughing:

Hitmanesk:
Enderby Transport

i remember Enderby Transport…at Broughton Astley!

Hitmanesk:
NT Motors Seddy

i loved those 2 Seddons at NT :slight_smile: wonder if they have survived in preservation?

coomsey:

robinswh:

I would ave thought a man of your experience would know the fiddle with those recorders Coomsey . Back up tight to your oppo and leave the engine on fast tickover , it then recorded movement . I’m not that old either but like most of us oldies I rode shotgun with my dad in the holidays .

rigsby:

coomsey:

robinswh:

I would ave thought a man of your experience would know the fiddle with those recorders Coomsey . Back up tight to your oppo and leave the engine on fast tickover , it then recorded movement . I’m not that old either but like most of us oldies I rode shotgun with my dad in the holidays .

A man of my standing in the community on the fiddle ? Never!! :open_mouth:

FB_IMG_1571055789400.jpg
Whitwick quarry.nmp