Leicester's Bygone's

Only ran out of Shepshed a couple of times! Really handy for the M1 though.

coomsey:

I loved those old fashioned horizontal steering wheels. :smiley:

Spardo:

coomsey:

I loved those old fashoined horizontal steering wheels. :smiley:

State of the art, I think you’ll find Spardo. :smiley:

FB_IMG_1565195188606.jpg
Nmp

Photo-Foden-Tipper-Bulk-Transport-Leicester.jpg
Nmp

has anyone got any photo’s of the Redland fleet,based at Enderby? my dad was there for years.when they moved to Mountsorrel,he went with them…then i eventually joined him there :smiley:
i think my Redland pic’s are posted on here somewhere!

9658421.jpg
Nmp

600x400-1.jpg
600x400-2.jpg
Pictures off Hercock site

What? You may ask!! But there was 6 of these running at Coalfields North Ravenstone, never went on the road though

FB_IMG_1565543532004.jpg
Nmp off FB
Fancy mirrors !

These mirrors were Zanneties, Two part type, The inside one was for the outside view and visaversa for the inside, I liked them we had some on some our wagons, We used to tie a duster to them and it kept them clean when travelling, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
These mirrors were Zanneties, Two part type, The inside one was for the outside view and visaversa for the inside, I liked them we had some on some our wagons, We used to tie a duster to them and it kept them clean when travelling, Regards Larry.

Very posh Larry! I had 6/7 ERFs all with the long oblong mirror , don’t recall having to rag em up though. Not the best but massive improvement on the 5 X 3 s cheers Coomsey

Lawrence Dunbar:

Brilliant mirrors, still got mine in the shed. Bought 'em myself and transferred them wherever I went. Do you think I like mirrors?

BTW, as a heavy from Leicester, this pic qualifies for 2 threads. :laughing:

No dusters, banned by Tom Llewellyn on pain of death. :open_mouth: Surprised he let me keep those 3 big letters on the grill. :astonished:

Someone’s baby!!

Cossington commercials Gainsboro brings back memories used to have an ERF 54G kitted out as a mobile stores used to call once a week chap called Ken drove it knew most of the part numbers off by heart. Sometimes if you were struggling he would jump down the pit and give you a hand,can’t imagine that now.

VS02158.jpg
Not a bad crowd to work for

VS01762.jpg
Nmp

ERFBSeriesBrochure2p1001-vi.jpg