Left-Hand Drive EC-series ERFs

rolfkerkhof:
Interesting, it seems to be on Dutch trading plates. How old are the pictures?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T335 met Tapatalk

Had to put the wee grey cells to work like, but I reckon it was about three years ago… :question: :blush:

rolfkerkhof:
Interesting, it seems to be on Dutch trading plates. How old are the pictures?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T335 met Tapatalk

I don’t remember where/when but possibly during transportdays like Mack has every year.

Check www.lewiszongtransport.nl for more info on ERF’s (also NGC and B) in small Holland.
Jan Lewiszong is not only a trader but also runs a nice transportcompany with rare trucks.

Don’t waste time to search for the previous owner as the lightboard only shows
the remainder of OLYMPIC, nothing more nothing else

Hi ,

indeed the plates seem to belong to Jan Lewiszong

Regards

Rolf

7094_Solo-Camion-No-72-Erf-Truck.jpg
261_4474700103319.jpg
vga_980357_462523613822325_1113874220_o.jpg

This one is captioned ‘So British!’ - well yes, if you forget the American engine and German gearbox! :laughing: Robert

I overtook a Spanish reg. Olympic yesterday (22/09/2016) in France pulling a fairly new fridge trailer.

Sorry no pic :frowning: .

It was well looked after…

Geoffo:
I overtook a Spanish reg. Olympic yesterday (22/09/2016) in France pulling a fairly new fridge trailer.

Sorry no pic :frowning: .

It was well looked after…

nice to see they’re still going!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg Ernest thorpes yard Deepcar Sunday on th transpennine

Ah, beat me to posting that one!

N14 LHD | ERF EC14 | Miguel y Alejandro by Chris Globe, on Flickr

ChrisGlobe:
Ah, beat me to posting that one!

N14 LHD | ERF EC14 | Miguel y Alejandro by Chris Globe, on Flickr

That looks nice…
Hopefully they will keep it in its original livery…

30103426612_c54f2af5d7.jpg

Just thought I’d revive this thread briefly to air this ■■■■■■■ 14 litre 520 job with the nice metallic paintwork from Spain! Robert

trucksnl.com/fr/de-occasion … 4580860-vd

[zb]
anorak:
https://www.trucksnl.com/fr/de-occasion-erf-cc-14-■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

I’m still waiting to find a single LHD EC with any kind of constant-mesh 'box in it! It was a swizz! :laughing:

ERF EC LHD

Because I can find no evidence of the Fuller RTX 9 or 13 box in LHD ECs, even though they were available in RHD chassis, I have rather assumed that the Fuller Road-Ranger wasn’t available in LHD units. However, this German list matching available engines to gearboxes in ERF ECs presumably came from ERF export sales literature. It quite clearly shows the available RTX 9-sp and 13-sp options. Perhaps then, we may yet come across a photo of one; but I’m probably (double de-) clutching at straws here, as the LHD export EC was handled by Western Star, who had just taken over ERF at that point in time. Western Star ensured that not only were the export ECs fitted with ZF Eco-Split synchro boxes but all new UK domestic units were fitted with them as standard too.

EC gearbox matches

One from the Belearic islands I think:

And this Spanish one:
gR

ERF-NGC

From a French fb forum apparently seen in Paris this week.

Ah vanman! You made it onto TN2 then :grinning:. Not seen that pic before :wink:

ERF-NGC

I spat my dummy when all the old photos disappeared but i see they have returned so hopefully things will improve, i also haven’t had anything to post…

Still keeping my eyes peeled …

Steve.