Left-Hand Drive ECT ERFs

Actually, I rather liked the ECT in that its cab was comfy and it handled really well on the road. However - and this is entirely down to personal preference - I found that MAN ‘Comfort-shift’ really irritating, as it kept beeping at me if I chose not to use it. I also lamented the passing of constant-mesh gear shifts. Hey-ho! Let’s look at some LHD versions. I suspect that these are conversions that have passed beyond the Iron Curtain! Robert :smiley:

6366ba40cf2ec80fe9a31a252decf8a4.JPG
LHD ECT external.jpg
LHD ECT.jpg

That’s what erf needed, a scania interior

The Russians seem to like these. Robert

Were these built as LHD? seems to be a lot of trouble to convert a second hand unit …?

I have no clue on quantities but as ERF EUROPE was headquartered in same building as ERF España in Madrid-region
(to be more precise at Rosa de Lima 1-Bis, Edificio Alba in Las Matas) and ERF France S.A. in Neuilly, I do expect
quite a stock to deliver prompt for demonstrations and expected (small) fleet-sales, hence some dumping to Russia?

I assume they must have been built with LHD, after all, all models previous to the ECT had LHD versions. In any case the MAN cab was designed for LHD in the first place. Robert :slight_smile:

robert1952:
I assume they must have been built with LHD, after all, all models previous to the ECT had LHD versions. In any case the MAN cab was designed for LHD in the first place. Robert :slight_smile:

There all lhd conversions, we’ve been selling them to the eastern bloc for a few years now. The Romanians reregister them but leave the rhd and run the back here in uk. The conversions are easy using Tga parts.

ERF MAN:

robert1952:

There all lhd conversions, we’ve been selling them to the eastern bloc for a few years now. The Romanians reregister them but leave the rhd and run the back here in uk. The conversions are easy using Tga parts.

Thanks ERF MAN! That answers that question fair and square. Robert :slight_smile: