Left-Hand Drive ECX ERFs

I drove ECXs on UK work. They were roomy, comfortable and lively (with that ■■■■■■■ roaring away). Unfortunately, they had the Eaton synchromesh 'box, which I didn’t rate highly after years of ERFs with constant-mesh. Never mind, here are some fine examples of the rare LHD version. Robert :slight_smile:

superb LHD ERF ECX Olympic.jpg
venta-tractorcamion-erf-ecx14-52-ste-4x2.jpg
2nqwo77.jpg
LHD ECX ERF.jpg

The 1st ECX pictured (ERF 3Y), is the ex-show vehicle that MAN took to various truck shows to gauge reaction of their recently aquired ERF product in mainland Europe. It has a N14-525 and did have silver bumper, step and wheelarch’s with ERF tranfers up each side of the cab in bold letters, it looked fantastic. It was bought by an owner driver 5 or 6 years was sold to another O/D with whom it still belongs to today, i see it regulary coming out of Felixtowe with a box in tow.
Chris.

STRAIGHT EIGHT:
The 1st ECX pictured (ERF 3Y), is the ex-show vehicle that MAN took to various truck shows to gauge reaction of their recently aquired ERF product in mainland Europe. It has a N14-525 and did have silver bumper, step and wheelarch’s with ERF tranfers up each side of the cab in bold letters, it looked fantastic. It was bought by an owner driver 5 or 6 years was sold to another O/D with whom it still belongs to today, i see it regulary coming out of Felixtowe with a box in tow.
Chris.

It absolutely looks the blx, I admit: shame about the gearbox! Robert :slight_smile:

Now correct me if I am wrong: but I seem to remember reading somewhere that Turners acquired a batch of repatriated LHD ECXs and converted them to RHD for domestic use. While they were at it, they fitted the one pictured below with a Fuller 13-speed gearbox (to go with its big ■■■■■■■■ - bliss! Robert :smiley:

Thats correct Robert, Greame Turner’s own ECX was fitted with a 13spd Fuller before he put on the road, not sure wether the others have the ZF or the Eaton S-series. Think he bought two ex-Spanish LHD ECX’s, from Rothdean commercials. He has no plans to replace his ERF fleet, they will work until and after they drop!! The standard he turns out his refurbishments is 1st class and the vehicles are kept absolutley mint. I think there are three 525 ECX’s on the fleet at present. Chris.

STRAIGHT EIGHT:
Thats correct Robert, Greame Turner’s own ECX was fitted with a 13spd Fuller before he put on the road, not sure wether the others have the ZF or the Eaton S-series. Think he bought two ex-Spanish LHD ECX’s, from Rothdean commercials. He has no plans to replace his ERF fleet, they will work until and after they drop!! The standard he turns out his refurbishments is 1st class and the vehicles are kept absolutley mint. I think there are three 525 ECX’s on the fleet at present. Chris.

Excellent news, Chris; and long may they serve! Robert :smiley:

Nice initiative to open all further series…to be succeeded with EP, ES, EM and EU as well?

Attached a sales leaflet of the ECX

Delivered a load of pallet racking to ERF factory at Midddlewich,there were dozens of ECX’s in yard all in various states of build,no glass in doors,sunroof’s axles with brake disc’s red rusty,sad end to a once proud truck manufacterer

ERF-Continental:
Nice initiative to open all further series…to be succeeded with EP, ES, EM and EU as well?

Attached a sales leaflet of the ECX

Nice find, and LHD to be sure! Robert :slight_smile:

An excellent Peter Davies picture of an eastern-bloc LHD ECX here. Robert :slight_smile:

erf lhd ecx olympic.jpg

To keep this thread going…

ERF-ECX.jpg

ERF-Continental:
To keep this thread going…

Well it’s on foreign plates, but probably somewhere in sub-Saharan Africa as it is still RHD! Robert :slight_smile:

Can anyone remember a lhd Olympic run by a husband and wife team that used to pull fridges doing meat to the south of France. As I remember they replaced a Mercedes SK with the Erf. I used to tip in Hyeres on a Sunday night with them and often wonder about them.

Hank:
Can anyone remember a lhd Olympic run by a husband and wife team that used to pull fridges doing meat to the south of France. As I remember they replaced a Mercedes SK with the Erf. I used to tip in Hyeres on a Sunday night with them and often wonder about them.

You might be thinking of Norseman. That was actually a 1993 E-series (E14) with a special, one-off factory-built high cab. You’ll find plenty of pics and info about it on the Left-Hand Drive E-series ERFs thread :wink: . Robert

STRAIGHT EIGHT:
Chris.

I think the above lorry could now belong to tnuk member Riverstick ?

robert1952:
You might be thinking of Norseman. That was actually a 1993 E-series (E14) with a special, one-off factory-built high cab. You’ll find plenty of pics and info about it on the Left-Hand Drive E-series ERFs thread :wink: . Robert

Thank you Robert. That’s exactly the information I was after. Cheers.

Here’s an interesting use for a LHD ECX! Robert

erf sweeper.jpg