Latest news and offers from Peter Smythe Transport Training

ROG:

Random Hero:
apologies if it’s a daft question.

No daft questions on this forum but you may get some daft answers :wink: :unamused: :laughing:

Its as daft as a guy I used to work with being told he had to do C1 before C. Unfortunately he booked and failed first time before I found out.

No harm in asking when you consider the money your paying out

Starter pack booked and I have this evening started looking at the online learning… not going to lie it’s a little nerve racking…

The thought that I’m taking the first steps towards leaving a job of 14 years (which I have grown to hate) is a little daunghting but hopefully i can start on the path of a successful and enjoyable career.

I’m sure I’m preaching to the converted in this thread but thanks to Peter and all his staff who have answered questions and helped me up to now…

I’m sure there will be many more to come

Try not to worry about making the change - - though I totally understand the concern.

Thanks for your kind comments; I’m proud of our customer service and support so don’t be afraid to use it.

All the best with everything, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hi, I’m new on here been meaning to get my hgv for a while now, finally started on the process. I’m going to be doing my class 2 locally as its more convenient for me but I definately want to do my class 1 with you.

I would appreciate your advice on my plans. I’m going to do class 2 as two full days and a half day but I want to take them with a time lag inbetween. My reasoning is that without the stress of a test at the end I’m more likely to take on board the training from the instructor. Plus the cost is a lot up front as well. So I’m wondering if there is a maximum gap I should not exceed due to the risk of losing too much between sessions?

When I get around to doing class 1 I would like to proceed in the same manner. One full day, no test. This at the very least will give me an idea if driving an artic is for me. If it’s not then I haven’t signed up to a full course with more expense. If I find it okay then after a gap i’ll do another full day, no test. If the instructor thinks I’m ready then I can do a half day with test unless I fancy (and can afford) another full day with test which could involved additional training, reversing for example.

Now regarding class 1 would this carry any entitlements to the discounts, special offers, etc… because technically it could be argued I’m not booking a regular course.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Pete, do you think you’ll have any crazy deals coming up?, I would need the whole sherbang, C and maybe C+E depending on cost.

@ReJon70: I’d advise you to go to Peter Smythe on your cat C training. If you’re 70 miles away then you’ll qualify for accommodation. They have finance offer to spread the cost over months. You can also have good deal, so it’s worth to speak to them and book C and C+E with them following by CPC to be a qualified driver.

They have excellent instructors who wants you to learn and to pass exam first time. They also think about your driving as a job, so you won’t forget what you need on the road. You’ll also build you confidence as a lorry driver.

I’m on the course with them, but not on C yet. I’m looking forward for my training, which is very soon. Then, of course, I’m going to book C+E as well. Don’t be scared t ask and book with them as it’s good investment to your career.

@wh00pa: I believe they still have one crazy deal called Barmy July Offer. Check the details, as I believe is going to be withdrawn on Monday. I believe on the end of the day :smiley: Am I right?

Firstly, apologies to everyone waiting for a reply; been away for a few days.

I think the plan to have a day’s training, break, another day etc is not the best way forward. Any break of more than a few days is going to have an effect. The booking process would also be difficult as we simply don’t have trainers and trucks stood around for odd days waiting to be booked. So, although we would do it (customer is always right etc) it’s against my personal advice. You would still get the 10% discount but nothing else would apply.

Hi Pete, do you think you’ll have any crazy deals coming up?, I would need the whole sherbang, C and maybe C+E depending on cost

Best deal is the current one. £250 credit towards any further training (CE, dcpc, ADR etc etc). This would save you an additional £500 on top of the normal 10% discount. Free accommodation if more than 70 miles away.

I urge you to contact the office before close of play on Monday which is when the offer ends.

I am not aware of any offers for August.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Pete,

Could you use the voucher towards a re test if needed. :wink:

Thanks.

Hi Pete,

Could you use the voucher towards a re test if needed. :wink:

Thanks.

No problem. But try not to think about the need for a retest!!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Pete.
Right answer, along with the usual positive encouragement.
Are you sure your not Yoda?

Have been called that - - and lots of other things haha!

Our two brand new Renault trucks are approaching completion at the bodybuilders.

Renault body rails.jpg

Reanult body.jpg

Renault external.jpg

Renault complete.jpg

Now for the interesting bit! For many years we’ve run the fleet on private registration numbers ranging from T18 PST through to T31 PST. The new Renaults will be allocated private registrations which will be within the range of T15 PST to T34 PST. If you can accurately forecast the numbers that will be used, you can have your CAT C or CE course free of charge. The simple terms and conditions are below - read them carefully to ensure you’re in with a chance of winning.

Ts and Cs:

Competition open to Trucknet users only
Entrance open to new course deposits only
Multiple deposits for multiple courses entitle multiple attempts (eg pay £300 for C and CE = 2 attempts)
Closing date 30th August, 2017
To qualify for entry, simply call the office with your details and leave £150 deposit on your chosen course.
Once you’ve done that, email the office with your choice of registration numbers.
The successful winner will receive the course of their choice with nothing more to pay.
Accommodation will be provided if the winner lives more than 70 miles from our training centre
In the event of there being more than one winner, a draw will take place to select the final winner
The winner will be notified and the result published on Trucknet and Facebook
Training to be completed before end March 2018 - so plenty of time to obtain provisional and theory tests. Persons who have paid their deposit also have until end March 2018 to complete their course.
These folks will be asked to pay the balance of their fees (CAT C £1400 - 10% Trucknet discount = £1260. Take off the £150 deposit and the balance to pay is £1110) 14 days before the agreed course start date. The fee includes all CAT C training, VAT, test fee and accommodation as applicable. It does NOT include medical, theory tests, driver cpc - all of which can be arrange at discounted rates. Simply call the office 01623 555661.
As always, no catch, no smoke and mirrors. Just a bit of a giggle and someone will save a large bundle of cash!! You’ve got to be in it to win it though.

BTW, if you don’t need C, same terms apply for CE or D.

Good luck all,

Never driven a Renault other then a clio. Are they better then the Ivecos?

Looking quite smart there Pete, should look great once liveried up.

Closely related to Volvo so you there’s a fair chance!

Having said that, Iveco have done us very well for the last 20 years or so. But the aftersales has gone a bit wobbly so we went for a change.

Time will tell.

I’m sure I read somewhere the new Renault’s are sold through Volvos dealerships mostly. I’m sure I read the new Renault artic is pretty much a Volvo underneath.

Or did I dream all of that lol

adam277:

Not sure about the smaller renaults, but the Renault T range is one of my favourite motors to drive, not as perfect as a Volvo , but close enough. Comfortable seats that’s for sure!

Love my range T! As chunkzilla said not quite as perfect as a Volvo but very close. Very good quality trucks and very nice to drive since I’ve had my range T I refuse to go back to our MANs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Progress is being made towards completion. The competition is this simple: if you’re thinking about taking a course with us before end of March 2018, simply call the office (01623 555661) and leave your £150 deposit. Then select 2 registration numbers somewhere in the sequence T15 PST - T34 PST. Guess the two numbers correctly and there’s nothing else to pay for your course.

Don’t miss out. Competition closes 31st August.

Good luck, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Progress is being made towards completion. The competition is this simple: if you’re thinking about taking a course with us before end of March 2018, simply call the office (01623 555661) and leave your £150 deposit. Then select 2 registration numbers somewhere in the sequence T15 PST - T34 PST. Guess the two numbers correctly and there’s nothing else to pay for your course.

Don’t miss out. Competition closes 31st August.

Good luck, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Pete - it’s Abda - we met at Stanton Hill on Monday - well unfortunately I failed on Thursday - totally understandable and something I knew I shouldn’t have done (Chris MC kept telling me during my lessons) - I have my retest on the 30th August - do you reckon when I pass I could pay my deposit and enter on the day in the office? Thanks see you soon :slight_smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk