Larry Pilgrim

I am another 59 years young driver.We should all try to take reasonable care of our selves and have arrangements in place for the final knock on lifes door.

R.I.P

R.I.P Larry.

RIP driver, my deepest condolences to the family.

Reading things like this make me realise im so under prepared for this sort of eventuality. Keep saying to my self i need to get some life insurance sorted, never even considered having a card in my wallet. Its funny, i never qestioned my mortality prior to becoming a truck driver, but now im thankful everytime I work through the door to greet my mrs and daughter, I dread the thought of popping my clogs at 25 and my little girl going without a dad, or to put my mrs through all of that.

Take care out there…

Kev

far too young, RIP

RIP Drive. far too young

Its always sad to hear of the death of someone, and more so than one of our own, so R.I.P. Marion is right with us men, that we often think of being macho when we have a minor ailment, and think of it as nothing, so of course its very important to go to the doctor. A while ago i had pains in my chest, and was very reluctant when my wife suggested calling an ambulance, considering my previous heart attacks, No, dont call an ambulance, ill be ok in the morning`, i suppose thats typical of us MEN, but the pain got worse, i feared the worst, but reluctantly, had to call for outside help, the ambulance crew, went ballistic when they learnt of my not calling them sooner, thankfully, it was a scare, and only an infection, but the symptoms were the same as an actual attack, the same as recently, when i had stomach problems, the dreaded diarreah ( wheres the spell check when you need it ), and sickness, put me to bed for a whole day, but luckily i had my wife to nurse me, but why are we so macho when it comes to illness ?
I feel for this driver, for those he left behind, and sadly he had a disease that couldnt be treated, quite often illnesses can be treated, with favourable results.

So Sad, I did not know Larry, but like others, I offer my condolences to Marion and the family, I will be 59 at the end of this year and that is far too young to die, take care everyone.

Sapper

I didn’t know larry either, but sincere condolences to you Marion and your families! Too young to pass! :imp:

My sympathy to Marion and her family. I didn’t know Larry but to see this post on my 59th birthday brings home just how fragile we all are.
I hope You get by this and rebuild your life Marion.

As this is not Laurence (Larry) Dunbar, would it be better to ask in the Southampton threads? They tend to use Trucknet but stick to their own threads.

I opt for view new posts when I come on but not everyone does.

RIP Larry

RIP Larry and condolences to his family

RIP Larry, thoughts are with the family

R.I.P. Larry.Thoughts are with family and friends. Liz and Terry Waters.

Talking to my neighbour today, and we both remarked in jest how old we were this year, he’s 51 and I’m 49. Young I know, but we were recalling the times we had as young’uns, and what we got up to, and now at my age I said I wanted to compete in road rallying again before I get too old, something that is about to happen now I’ve renewed my rally licence after 19 years.

Larry wasn’t much older than the pair of us, so it brings it home to you that life is precious, and you should take each day as a bonus, something I now do after my RTA 13 years ago.

My heartfelt condolences go out to Marion and the family, and I’m sure Larry is trucking on along the never ending highway in the sky.

Ken.

R I P Larry, our thoughts and prayers are with family and friends

My condolences. Rest in Peace my friend…

Sad to hear of Larry R.I.P.
Nearly went the same way myself 17th december 2011 driving through Harrogate all of a sudden had these severe pains, just managed to stop the vehicle in time when i collapsed eventually woke up in Harrogate hospital diagnosed with Pancreatitus ( what the zb is that i said to the doctor ) just had my yearly check told i was doing ok.

Heart goes out to family. RIP

All the best to the family. R.I.P. brings it home how fragile life is.