Kent layby parking

robroy:

grumpyken52:

robroy:

chester1:
Not saying any thing about lay-by parking although it wasn’t for me . A lot of the ones that I have noticed that have been closed off are mainly close to housing and not new housing either even the ones on the a20 have houses in close proximity maybe fridges running 24/7 didn’t help those ones. just my opinion and I dont have an issue wth fridges either

That does not surprise me in the least.
Some of today’s ‘‘drivers’’ are so thick from the neck up and lacking in empathy, that they don’t even try and be quiet when alongside other drivers parked up, let alone residents, so I do not blame them for kicking off.

The same thick as mince ilk presumably, that leave all their crap behind , spoiling things for the rest of us… :smiling_imp:

It’s also not always foreign drivers , flip flops etc .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I neither thought it was nor said it was mate. :neutral_face:

We have more than our fair share of anti social pricks with Class 1s that are home grown.

Amen to that .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Not saying any thing about lay-by parking although it wasn’t for me . A lot of the ones that I have noticed that have been closed off are mainly close to housing and not new housing either even the ones on the a20 have houses in close proximity maybe fridges running 24/7 didn’t help those ones. just my opinion and I dont have an issue wth fridges either
[/quote]
Like the Bidvest drivers that deliver to a town centre Travelodge at 7.30am on a winter Sunday, with frost all around, and leave the doors open and the fridge running.

One of ours got stung by this. The sign was at the opposite end of the layby hidden by a truck he claimed so didn’t see it. They clamped him and it was something silly like £150 release charge.

They take the ■■■■ out of us because it’s a spinless industry. No balls fighting our corner

Talking about general lay by parkers…
What cracks me up about some drivers, is you see them broken down on the hard shoulder, so they’re stood outside the cab on the grass verge, because they think it’s safer,… On the other hand they would maybe think nothing of parking overnight in a lay by on the side of the busy A14 for example, (and with their mirror pulled in, into the bargain, too thick to realise that if that is deemed necessary by them…it aint safe :unamused: ) what’s the difference ffs?

Not saying it would be the self same guys, but you get my drift. :smiley:

ajt:
One of ours got stung by this. The sign was at the opposite end of the layby hidden by a truck he claimed so didn’t see it. They clamped him and it was something silly like £150 release charge.

They take the ■■■■ out of us because it’s a spinless industry. No balls fighting our corner

Totally agree mate. I’ve done a few different jobs and I am embarrassed by how weak many of my fellow drivers are.

Cannot understand for the life of me why these people are so terrified of losing their crappy jobs.

Oh hang on I nearly forgot…these are the same idiots that vote for governments who flood the country with cheap labour and make them terrified of losing their home :unamused:

Knobs! Reach down folks and get a grip ffs…

ajt:

The signs are all the way through the lay by’s and at each each end and at truck window height in 3 languages

robroy:
What cracks me up about some drivers, is you see them broken down on the hard shoulder, so they’re stood outside the cab on the grass verge, because they think it’s safer,… On the other hand they would maybe think nothing of parking overnight in a lay by on the side of the busy A14 for example, (and with their mirror pulled in, into the bargain, too thick to realise that if that is deemed necessary by them…it aint safe :unamused: ) what’s the difference ffs?

And park up the ■■■ of the motor in front waiting to be crushed, crack on that what i say

A sign at each end only of the large eastbound layby at Hothfield. Two at Tutt hill which had the ground level warning signs put up before the ban came into force now don’t have any sign at all. Hothfield both sides seems to be ignored at weekends since it was almost back to how it was before only a few weeks ago. Westbound the signs have clearly been knocked by vehicles parking there.

cav551:
…but the will to issue a compulsory purchase order and for the government to put its hands in its pocket to convert redundant sites of this size will never be there…

No, but there is nothing to stop the industry, as a profit-making enterprise (in most cases), from getting its hand in its own pocket and doing exactly the same if it does not like what is already provided. But it’s easier to expect someone else to do it and pay for it, as is always the case.

The idea of banning lay-by parking nationwide (if it ever happens) is crazy. But as ever, there is a minority of drivers who spoil it for the others. Those who destroy footpaths by parking on them, those that leave rubbish everywhere, and those that use the lay-by as a toilet, the filthy, dirty ■■■■■■■■■ Any council faced with that is likely to take the easy option and remove the problem entirely.

I even read on here once a story of two idiots performing a trailer change in a layby on the A1 north of Peterborough, and not one of those that are set back from the road. That’s what is out there driving lorries.

Olog Hai:
but there is nothing to stop the industry, as a profit-making enterprise (in most cases), from getting its hand in its own pocket and doing exactly the same if it does not like what is already provided. But it’s easier to expect someone else to do it and pay for it, as is always the case.

I would say that providing parking as part of an integrated road system is the job of central government. That is what taxes are for. Road fund licences, fuel taxes, company taxes from hauliers and those companies using hauliers all benefit from trucks, so their taxes should be used to provide parking with suitable facilities. Other countries seem to do so, so why not here? Investment in infrastructure is always spoken of by parties of all colours but sadly it seems it stops at mere talk.

malcolmgbell:

robroy:

And park up the ■■■ of the motor in front waiting to be crushed, crack on that what i say

Went past yesterday and there are a couple of empty posts with the signs missing in the long lay-by . I’m guessing we only have ourselves to blame for that though

Wait …
I have a mate called Jeremy who does a bit of radio presenting.
I will give him a ring tomorrow morning and see if he can come up with a solution.

Olog Hai:

cav551:
…but the will to issue a compulsory purchase order and for the government to put its hands in its pocket to convert redundant sites of this size will never be there…

No, but there is nothing to stop the industry, as a profit-making enterprise (in most cases), from getting its hand in its own pocket and doing exactly the same if it does not like what is already provided. But it’s easier to expect someone else to do it and pay for it, as is always the case.

The idea of banning lay-by parking nationwide (if it ever happens) is crazy. But as ever, there is a minority of drivers who spoil it for the others. Those who destroy footpaths by parking on them, those that leave rubbish everywhere, and those that use the lay-by as a toilet, the filthy, dirty [zb]. Any council faced with that is likely to take the easy option and remove the problem entirely.

I even read on here once a story of two idiots performing a trailer change in a layby on the A1 north of Peterborough, and not one of those that are set back from the road. That’s what is out there driving lorries.

I think it was last year on here, there was a picture of 2 Dale Brothers bellend’s doing a trailer swap on a slip road for a motorway!! :open_mouth:

The muppetry of wagon drivers never ceases to amaze me :laughing: