Kent layby parking

manalishi:

Will_161:

P Stoff:
It’s all very well banning lay-bys etc but anyone knows if you’re not parked up by about 5.30pm you stand no chance in a MSA or a lot of truckstops. Thankfully I don’t do nights out now but I often didn’t park up until about 8 pm absolutely no chance of secure parking most nights.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

To be honest, I wouldn’t call MSAs secure parking.

Me neither.We’ve been forbidden from Cherwell ffs,a strategic dead cert for an overnight,some break ins you see.Oh and no laybys even when empty ffs.Tracker tells where you finish and night out denied if not in an MS [zb] A .Reaching end of my tether rapidly.Twice this month i’ve been the very last one at Beaconsfield msa,ie no point plodding to Southampton because…Fleet MSA now longer want our parking custom.Kafkaeque nightmare but roll up you young uns,all this could be yours.

Why not a lay by when empty ? as you’re just as likely to be diesel fairy’d in a MSA as a lay by ,

I like parked in quid lay by or industrial estate.In last 3 month of tramping i was parked at services may be 3-4 time.But company allow parked all the time.Go to shower i preffer day time at my break time.

In my opinion, the many EU regulations, State, and local authority by-laws make it impossible to carry out the role of “tramper”, Nights out", “long distance” lorry driver in this country…Seems to me you have to take a chance on breaking the by-laws and other regulations on a daily basis, therefore it is an outlaw business and if you continue to accept it as such, then you are by definition, an outlaw.thwr

Until there is an amnesty in place, then no one should be expected to facilitate this aspect of the haulage industry…Why would you leave yourself open to such draconian measures and penalties, in the pursuit of earning money?

In the 21st century, name me another industry that is operated under such conditions.

I would suggest that the mental well being of the driver is being neglected, the financial position of the operator is being used for revenue, the infrastructure of the UK is not fit for purpose, but seems well placed to gain revenue from such, and as a result is culpable and negligent in equal measure for any and all lapses in legal obligation from the aforementioned.

I defies all logic and belief that no one has taken them to task!

blue estate:

manalishi:

Will_161:

P Stoff:
It’s all very well banning lay-bys etc but anyone knows if you’re not parked up by about 5.30pm you stand no chance in a MSA or a lot of truckstops. Thankfully I don’t do nights out now but I often didn’t park up until about 8 pm absolutely no chance of secure parking most nights.

Me neither.We’ve been forbidden from Cherwell ffs,a strategic dead cert for an overnight,some break ins you see.Oh and no laybys even when empty ffs.Tracker tells where you finish and night out denied if not in an MS [zb] A .Reaching end of my tether rapidly.Twice this month i’ve been the very last one at Beaconsfield msa,ie no point plodding to Southampton because…Fleet MSA now longer want our parking custom.Kafkaeque nightmare but roll up you young uns,all this could be yours.

Why not a lay by when empty ? as you’re just as likely to be diesel fairy’d in a MSA as a lay by ,

Search me.Not talking about those shell scrape affairs found on a34 etc.(hideous) i’m more likely,or was,roosting in those deep rural laybys off the beaten track but a recent circular says and i quote_‘customers don’t like to see their WARES,parked in laybys’,unquote…explaining the herds of elephants in the room to our ‘compliance officer’ appropo the need to obtain a restfull nights kip,free from changeovers,accidental horn tooters,running thermokings etc was simply given the company policy crapola.Subtext,hordes of ee candidates waiting in the wings and despite your 5 years of unblemished endeavours,your’e merely babysitting the actros till the firm becomes totally ee ised.Like 2 other container firms have already become.

blue estate:

manalishi:

Will_161:

P Stoff:

Search me.Not talking about those shell scrape affairs found on a34 etc.(hideous) i’m more likely,or was,roosting in those deep rural laybys off the beaten track but a recent circular says and i quote_‘customers don’t like to see their WARES,parked in laybys’,unquote…explaining the herds of elephants in the room to our ‘compliance officer’ appropo the need to obtain a restfull nights kip,free from changeovers,accidental horn tooters,running thermokings etc was simply given the company policy crapola.Subtext,hordes of ee candidates waiting in the wings and despite your 5 years of unblemished endeavours,your’e merely babysitting the actros till the firm becomes totally ee ised.Like 2 other container firms have already become.
[/quote]
Let me guess,kembel,yct,turners,to name but a through, lets all face it, the jobs ■■■■■■

Kent doesn’t have a lay-by ban they stopped overnite parking in two lay-bys and one access road . But don’t let that get in the way of a good story

chester1:
Kent doesn’t have a lay-by ban they stopped overnite parking in two lay-bys and one access road . But don’t let that get in the way of a good story

Perhaps you should try reading the DfT article, or linked video which summarises it?

“Road Minister Jesse Norman said the first 6 months of the trial had been a great success and the DfT would look at rolling the scheme out at the end of the 18 month trial”.

It’s pretty obvious to even the most optimistic of people what’s going happen at the end of said 18 month trial.

Given the large quantities of rubbish, bottles of urine, bags of ■■■■■ matter and tarmac left stinking of ■■■■ after overnighting truckers have vacated pretty much every layby around the country, I struggle to have much sympathy. You’ve only got yourselves to blame but as usual it’ll be a case of “not me, guv, must be those dirty foreigners” when the truth of it is that it’s mostly caused by the natives.

No problem then. Don’t park in laybys, park on urban streets where there are no weight limits or parking restrictions, remember to leave your sidelights on. Sod all they can do and it’ll get the backs of the locals up so much they’ll be besieging the council with demands to have layby parking reinstated.

Especially when rubbish, bottles etc get left in peoples hedges and driveways.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Conor:
No problem then. Don’t park in laybys, park on urban streets where there are no weight limits or parking restrictions, remember to leave your sidelights on. Sod all they can do and it’ll get the backs of the locals up so much they’ll be besieging the council with demands to have layby parking reinstated.

Oooh the fun I could have a with a truck parked outside my house :grimacing:

chester1:

Nearly right . The ban was mainly Ashford council and in Ashford .
Quite a few laybys in SE Kent have been closed .
We have lost more parking capacity in the area than we have gained in the past 30 years .
KCC have been aware of the problem for 30 odd years and identified the need for an extra 1000 parking spaces in the county but have done diddly squat about it .

Rob K:

chester1:

Perhaps you should try reading the DfT article, or linked video which summarises it?

“Road Minister Jesse Norman said the first 6 months of the trial had been a great success and the DfT would look at rolling the scheme out at the end of the 18 month trial”.

It’s pretty obvious to even the most optimistic of people what’s going happen at the end of said 18 month trial.

Given the large quantities of rubbish, bottles of urine, bags of ■■■■■ matter and tarmac left stinking of ■■■■ after overnighting truckers have vacated pretty much every layby around the country, I struggle to have much sympathy. You’ve only got yourselves to blame but as usual it’ll be a case of “not me, guv, must be those dirty foreigners” when the truth of it is that it’s mostly caused by the natives.

Or maybe living on the Ashford road may give me a bit more of an insight . Other counties may looking at banning trucks from lay-bys but Kent has on put this onto 2/3 lay-bys on the road between Ashford and Charing and enforcing double yellow lines on a couple of ind est’s In Ashford

grumpyken52:

chester1:

We have lost more parking capacity in the area than we have gained in the past 30 years .
KCC have been aware of the problem for 30 odd years and identified the need for an extra 1000 parking spaces in the county but have done diddly squat about it .

Closing lay-bys isnt baning parking in lay-bys . The ones on he hill out of Dover where shut due to the amount of accidents from trucks being hit in fog or being hit when pulling out. Essex has shut loads of lay-bys around purfleet and the a13 but you don’t hear people going on about that . I’m not saying I agree with the councils doing this just pointing out Kent have not banned it

It’s actually around 10 on the A20 which have either been closed or signed.

Nells cafe parking will be gone soon. Once are fellow travvelers have been evicted .mcdonalds are moving in

chester1:

grumpyken52:

chester1:

Closing lay-bys isnt baning parking in lay-bys . The ones on he hill out of Dover where shut due to the amount of accidents from trucks being hit in fog or being hit when pulling out. Essex has shut loads of lay-bys around purfleet and the a13 but you don’t hear people going on about that . I’m not saying I agree with the councils doing this just pointing out Kent have not banned it

What? Are you telling us that lay by parking for trucks is totally not fit for purpose and potentially dangerous? :open_mouth:
Who would have thought it eh? :unamused:

They can close every ■■■■ lay by in the UK for me.
Since nearly all the town truck parks closed (yeh they did exist once for those too young to remember) lay bys have become a very poor pathetic comparison along with MSAs.

Parking since then has been a big problem that has got worse since over the years.
So if lay bys were shut off the overnight truck parking problem would be untenable, not to mention blindingly obvious to those concerned who should be sorting it (instead of the usual pandering to potential voters) to the point where something would NEED to be done in terms of proper park site provision.
So bring it on for me.

robroy:

chester1:

grumpyken52:

chester1:

What? Are you telling us that lay by parking for trucks is totally not fit for purpose and potentially dangerous? :open_mouth:
Who would have thought it eh? :unamused:

They can close every [zb] lay by in the UK for me.
Since nearly all the town truck parks closed (yeh they did exist once for those too young to remember) lay bys have become a very poor pathetic comparison along with MSAs.

Parking since then has been a big problem that has got worse since over the years.
So if lay bys were shut off the overnight truck parking problem would be untenable, not to mention blindingly obvious to those concerned who should be sorting it (instead of the usual pandering to potential voters) to the point where something would NEED to be done in terms of proper park site provision.
So bring it on for me.

Not saying any thing about lay-by parking although it wasn’t for me . A lot of the ones that I have noticed that have been closed off are mainly close to housing and not new housing either even the ones on the a20 have houses in close proximity maybe fridges running 24/7 didn’t help those ones. just my opinion and I dont have an issue wth fridges either

chester1:
Not saying any thing about lay-by parking although it wasn’t for me . A lot of the ones that I have noticed that have been closed off are mainly close to housing and not new housing either even the ones on the a20 have houses in close proximity maybe fridges running 24/7 didn’t help those ones. just my opinion and I dont have an issue wth fridges either

That does not surprise me in the least.
Some of today’s ‘‘drivers’’ are so thick from the neck up and lacking in empathy, that they don’t even try and be quiet when alongside other drivers parked up, let alone residents, so I do not blame them for kicking off.

The same thick as mince ilk presumably, that leave all their crap behind , spoiling things for the rest of us… :smiling_imp:

robroy:

chester1:

Some of today’s ‘‘drivers’’ are so thick from the neck up and lacking in empathy, that they don’t even try and be quiet when alongside other drivers parked up, let alone residents, so I do not blame them for kicking off.

The same thick as mince ilk presumably, that leave all their crap behind , spoiling things for the rest of us… :smiling_imp:

It’s also not always foreign drivers , flip flops etc .

grumpyken52:

robroy:

chester1:

It’s also not always foreign drivers , flip flops etc .

I neither thought it was nor said it was mate. :neutral_face:

We have more than our fair share of anti social pricks with Class 1s that are home grown.