Just noticed an inwards facing camera in my cab

Some of you miss the other point
It’s not just the company that has cameras fitted some times it’s the insurance companies due to oh yeah DRIVERS having unexplained accidents.
Almost everyday there’s a post regarding Muppets missing the 10ft 6 in sign for the low bridge so what were they doing at the time■■? On the phone watching TV on the lap top

nick2008:
It’s not just the company that has cameras fitted some times it’s the insurance companies due to oh yeah DRIVERS having unexplained accidents.
Almost everyday there’s a post regarding Muppets missing the 10ft 6 in sign for the low bridge so what were they doing at the time■■? On the phone watching TV on the lap top

Yerknow what, sod it, i’ve deleted my response.

There is no point trying to encourage people to fight this ■■■■■■■■, i give up.

I am sure there was something about Turner’s earlier, this has been posted on a local Facebook page. Looks like the Bicker depot

Juddian:

nick2008:

:laughing: :laughing:
Yep…I can empathise with you mate.
I often think…‘’ Why tf do I bother’’ at our place quite often. :smiley:

■■■■■■■ in wind2.jpg

robroy:

Juddian:

nick2008:

:laughing: :laughing:
Yep…I can empathise with you mate.
I often think…‘’ Why tf do I bother’’ at our place quite often. :smiley:

Yup.

nick2008:

youtube.com/watch?v=9PSwon2TM9o

any experienced driver with a modicum of backbone or principal will refuse to accept one being pointed at him.
some will accept them,and most will jump ship till they retire and die off.
the more modern version of steering wheel attendants will just accept them as the norm as they wont know any better and over time they will just be the kebab meat on a seat lemmings that they seem to be already with no gumption other than to follow the risk assessments and instructions dictated to them as mobile retarded cannon fodder with a licence.
it gets more noticable as time passes,you only need to read some of the questions and replies in here to just see hw dumbed down the job is already.
its not a profession for these guys as they have no gumption or initiative,just limper mentality wage earners with some having real jobs.

kcrussell25:
I am sure there was something about Turner’s earlier, this has been posted on a local Facebook page. Looks like the Bicker depot

Driving off with the fuel nozzle still in the tank. That’s a new one.

Club plant pot keep finding new ways to excel! :unamused:

An old company fitted them to ours at the top of the windscreen so all we did was put the electric blinds down on the daf xf’s. They tried to argue if we cover the camera we will be done by the insurance companies but we argued if we crash because the sun is in our eyes and we can’t use the blinds they would be liable. It never crossed their mind to move the cameras and In the end they gave up.

rob22888:

kcrussell25:

Driving off with the fuel nozzle still in the tank. That’s a new one.

Club plant pot keep finding new ways to excel! :unamused:

It happened a few times while I was there. Sounds like it’s got worse though

Oh dear…just bumped into a driver I used to work with.

Seems that Whistl have also joined the in cab camera revolution :frowning:

Still, at least they pay £10.50 per hour and only take an HOUR a day break from you! :sunglasses:

eagerbeaver:

Still, at least they pay £10.50 per hour and only take an HOUR a day break from you! :sunglasses:

Union didn’t fight it? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Juddian:

eagerbeaver:

Union didn’t fight it? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I think your contributions on this thread are totally accurate mate.

Brick wall and a begrudging acknowledgement of raising the white flag mate :cry: The spineless have finally won.

ETS:
It’s the audio that I’m more concerned about…You see, when I’m alone in the cab sometimes I talk to myself or yell at the traffic or sing along to a song on the radio - things I wouldn’t do in the presence of others.

Honestly no one cares and no one will be sat that watching you. It’ll just record the before and after of an incident

Your smart phone is probably more intrusive than a cab facing camera

switchlogic:
Honestly no one cares and no one will be sat that watching you. It’ll just record the before and after of an incident

:unamused: See folks. This is what we’re up against. Drivers like this is why surveillance technology is encroaching on us. In cab incident cameras/microphones today, eye tracking software and live-stream cameras/microphones that alert the office to harsh-brake incidents leading to instant in-cab reprimands tomorrow “Smith!!! Both hands on the wheel Smith, and look straight ahead! You have a mortgage to pay Smith, so do as I say. I’m watching you!”.

ezydriver:

switchlogic:

:unamused: See folks. This is what we’re up against. Drivers like this is why surveillance technology is encroaching on us. In cab incident cameras/microphones today, eye tracking software and live-stream cameras/microphones that alert the office to harsh-brake incidents leading to instant in-cab reprimands tomorrow “Smith!!! Both hands on the wheel Smith, and look straight ahead! You have a mortgage to pay Smith, so do as I say. I’m watching you!”.

+1. If no one is watching these camera’s, how come Maritime offices have footage of one of their drivers on a mobile phone whilst driving?

You are being very naive Luke :neutral_face:

ezydriver:

switchlogic:

Where did I say I liked them / approved of them / thought them a good idea? I was just pointing out a fact. Drivers like me have spent the vast majority of their career working for smaller family run businesses that don’t even install front facing cameras let alone driver facing ones, it years since I drove a truck with a camera. So pop that in your pipe and smoke it :wink:

For a guess you work for a large company with a large accident rate, doesn’t matter if it’s a slight bump or a major incident, to an insurance company an accident is an accident and with accidents comes higher insurance premiums.
To reduce these premiums the company needs to remove the driver from any firm of blame, ie falling asleep, eating, making a brew, texting, FaceTime etc.
They also help fleet with telematics which in turn reduce, vehicle wear and tear, damage and fuel consumption.
I don’t condone the use of them and luckily I’ve not worked for a company that has had them installed, but when a company has to resort to using them I’d suggest looking at the people you work with and not work for :wink:

Has no-one ever thought that if it wasn’t for all those truckdrivers who have caused death, mayhem and misery for the last few years, then you wouldn’t find yourselves in this situation now!
With it being
Texting
Drinking
Reading maps/notes
Careless observations
Drug driving.

Why do you think you should all be excluded from work place cameras.
I would be hard pressed to think of a industry which doesn’t have work place cameras in place.
It’s no surprise to hear Truck Drivers thinking their above their station and think normal working practices don’t apply to them.

When you go Tesco for your weeks worth of pot noodles and Ginsters sausage rolls, your caught on camera a multitude of times.
Do you all have temper tantrums in store like a petulant child facedown in the freezer aisle??

Get over yourselves…