Company Cab Cams

Do you prefer “forward looking only” cameras or “forward and looking at you” cameras.

Whatever your thoughts, I believe that “two-way looking cab cameras” will become mandatory in the future - just like the tacho did - and bad drivers will be sacked.

I can’t believe our company haven’t had them fitted but I’m sure one day soon they’ll arrive and I would have no problem with a forward facing camera anyway.

I prefer privacy so none thanks.

No need for cab cams to prove whos right or wrong when your about dieseldoforme,with your current posts if anybody is involved in a accident or mishap you are going to have the photos of the scene posted on trucknet before the driver as told his gaffer :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

I would have no issue with a forward facing camera it would improve standards of driving of that there is little doubt, as for one facing me then no thanks the line needs to be drawn, the is more than enough scrutiny of the modern driver already.

On the other hand the filthy state of the cabs at my depot it could be a good idea, finger nails spat all over the place the lord only knows what on the inside of the screen and tell me how does a grown man make more mess than a chimp when eating and drinking?

It will come for one simple reason, like speed limiters, like auto’s, and all the other stuff that has dumbed the job down because the average driver for whatever reason is unable to complete the simple task of lorry driving without ******* it up.

There already exists one pretty well known transportation company that has forward and backward facing cameras fitted to every cab.

If you do not sign some kind of “acceptance clause” you will not get a job with them.
End of story.

sadly with all the bogus insurance claims ( as everyone these days is compensation crazy ) i guess the forward cameras will be here to stay
however what is the reason for a camera to look at the inside of a cab ?
this will stop me from having a smoke in the cab and i dont like that idea
also what about drivers privacy to do certain things more so for guys on nights out whos wife inst around and they might fancy a crude bit of ■■■■■■ activity ?

i can just see the new reality tv shows coming up about the private lives of hgv drivers live from inside the cab

your wife might see you on you tube doing something you shouldn’t ?

or worse you could be chased all over the town your in by a mass of screaming truck enthusiasts if they spot you

so what on earth would we need a camera inside of the cab ?

I will have to hide my hammer :open_mouth:

mike68:
I would have no issue with a forward facing camera it would improve standards of driving of that there is little doubt, as for one facing me then no thanks the line needs to be drawn, the is more than enough scrutiny of the modern driver already.

On the other hand the filthy state of the cabs at my depot it could be a good idea, finger nails spat all over the place the lord only knows what on the inside of the screen and tell me how does a grown man make more mess than a chimp when eating and drinking?

It will come for one simple reason, like speed limiters, like auto’s, and all the other stuff that has dumbed the job down because the average driver for whatever reason is unable to complete the simple task of lorry driving without ******* it up.

Touche!!

fredthered:
I prefer privacy so none thanks.

+1

I can see the benefit of forward facing cameras, providing they are only used to protect the driver (and haulier) if the vehicle is involved in any collision, or other incident on the road.

I fitted a forward facing camera to my own car after some young lad thought it was funny to run out in front of my car at 10.15pm at night and put his hand up to slow me. Trouble is, I was only about 30 foot away when he did this and was travelling at 30mph on a main road. I missed him by about three inches. With idiots like that about, it is a worthwhile investment.