Just got a ticket for a sip of coffee

Let’s face it we all do it, but like others have said, in future just make sure your more aware of who’s around you!

xichrisxi:
But no one ever gets stopped for smoking whilst driving…

You’re probably right, and it’s very unfashionable, but can you imagine someone flashing up a briar pipe?
[emoji53]

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

xichrisxi:

That’s because smoking is cool and all the cool kids do it.

You can’t get fines for being cool.

A.

Adonis.:

Too true

fonz-happy-days.jpg
Never saw this guy get a fine :laughing:

Gembo:
I read about a speeding case on piston heads years ago whereas a mobile speed gun operator had pulled a car for doing summat like 38 in a 30.
The driver and his 3 passengers denied that he was speeding and it went to court. His 3 passengers also contested against it.
The driver lost the case and ended up with about a grand in costs.
Its weighted against the driver no matter what evidence (or not) you have. Its a lose, lose situation.

Well lets be fair.
Recorded speed gun evidence will always hold more weight than the words of the accused and any of their friends who back them up

The-Snowman:

Adonis.:

Too true
Never saw this guy get a fine :laughing:

I know him mate. He works with Dozy at Stobart’s.
(Cue the music :wink: )
Monday, Tuesday, Happy days, Wednesday, Thursday Happy days, Friday, Saturday Happy days… wash the truck, WTF!, coming home for a steak…

RobertSung:
He had a terrible cold and sat in my passenger seat sniffing continuously as he wrote out the ticket

Not really in a fit and proper condition to ride a motorcycle with due care and attention then? Perhaps he ought to write himself out a ticket. :wink:

Franglais:

xichrisxi:

You’re probably right, and it’s very unfashionable, but can you imagine someone flashing up a briar pipe?
[emoji53]

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

there’s smoking and the then there is smoking

Bring back the days of making a brew an sarnies to keep you going while on the road after you had thrown the card out of the window so you caught the boat or prevented you from being weekended in some God forsaken place …

If drinking a coffee while driving is such an offence why have they allowed Costa and Starbucks to open drive thru’s,the OP might just inform
his local MP about the incident.I suppose it would be incredibly naive of me to actually expect Commercial Motor to raise that issue with some
Transport Minister.

truckyboy:
They look at it the same as reaching for a phone, and putting it to your ear…a coffee cup goes to your mouth…so many things you can get done for now…eating an apple/foodstuffs have to be more than perfect, even holding the wheel at 10 to 2. :smiley: Dont appeal, you wont win…but all the best anyway.Btw, you did nothing wrong inn my eyes, we all do things we shouldnt…your only problem was getting caught. :smiley:

cig goes in your mouth and smoke in your eyes

and yes you did nothing wrong in my eyes either, if you had been a copper you would have got off with it :smiling_imp:

Is i any more dangerous than driving at high speed, ignoring traffic lights etc, whilst contorting yourself to speak into a device clipped to your upper chest area, which you are activating with one hand, whilst steering with the other?

Here’s a handy pic for you all to cut out and keep to show the nice policeman should you find yourself in a similar predicament:

a6212d7f31cc6d4d7c9f04f55863d077.jpg

For the avoidance of doubt, it shows a uniformed officer of the Hants Constabulary using a Mercedes Actros tractor unit to identify distracted drivers (eating, drinking or phoning) while at the wheel.

There’s a nice cup of coffee and some choccy biscuits handy for him to sip and nibble as he drives along.

He also uses a radio while driving to summon the police motorcycle to stop offenders that he spots eating, drinking and using telecoms while driving.

I pass no further comment.

…except to say the compete story is here

uk.news.yahoo.com/mobile-phone- … 00528.html

GasGas:

You can’t see the speedometer in the picture, but if he’s at 56mph then there isn’t two seconds between him and the van in front either.

Do as I say, not as I do…

Not looking good for him, is it…

Olog Hai:

GasGas:

You can’t see the speedometer in the picture, but if he’s at 56mph then there isn’t two seconds between him and the van in front either.

Do as I say, not as I do…

In the coppers defence (I can’t believe I’m doing this :wink: ) judging by the vans position I’d say the snap was taken as the van was returning to lane one after passing the rozzermobile and accelerating away from the truck.

:grimacing:

Harry Monk:

RobertSung:
He had a terrible cold and sat in my passenger seat sniffing continuously as he wrote out the ticket

Not really in a fit and proper condition to ride a motorcycle with due care and attention then? Perhaps he ought to write himself out a ticket. :wink:

did he take his helmet off in your cab?
it could always have had a worse outcome.

hqdefault.jpg

I’m on a driver awareness course this Friday for not being in full control of the vehicle
I went past a camera van on the A19 northbound at 08:37 on 28th of December(DHL tanker limited to 52mph). There was virtually no traffic on the road and foolishly,I picked up my folder and the notes almost slipped out, I clipped them back in and put the folder in the front of the dashboard. I never gave the van a second thought as I believed that they photographed speeders.
How wrong was I?
They have a video running all the time, my offence? Not being in full control of the vehicle as I had both hands off the wheel for 3 seconds!!
Had I been involved in a near miss or swerved or whatever, I could’ve said fair enough but for the letter to arrive at work 1 week later, I was gobsmacked as the request for the driver details gave no indication of the offence.
Anyway, £91 later, maybe I’ll learn something on Friday, who knows?

Dogsbody:
I’m on a driver awareness course this Friday for not being in full control of the vehicle
I went past a camera van on the A19 northbound at 08:37 on 28th of December(DHL tanker limited to 52mph). There was virtually no traffic on the road and foolishly,I picked up my folder and the notes almost slipped out, I clipped them back in and put the folder in the front of the dashboard. I never gave the van a second thought as I believed that they photographed speeders.
How wrong was I?
They have a video running all the time, my offence? Not being in full control of the vehicle as I had both hands off the wheel for 3 seconds!!
Had I been involved in a near miss or swerved or whatever, I could’ve said fair enough but for the letter to arrive at work 1 week later, I was gobsmacked as the request for the driver details gave no indication of the offence.
Anyway, £91 later, maybe I’ll learn something on Friday, who knows?

Not having both hands on the wheel when passing a camers van?
There must be loads of footage of me up and down the country over the years, giving those sneaky 2 ats numerous varieties of hand gestures as I approach them, and I’ve never heard a dicky. :neutral_face:

Out of interest, when did it become illegal to have a hand off the wheel??
I drive with one hand most of the time …shock horror :open_mouth: , always have. :neutral_face: