Lorry drivers snapped eating, reading and using mobile

Just caught this on BBC TV local news …

Whilst it’s good to catch idiots doing things they shouldn’t. I wonder once again how much of it is BBC bias, it never says how many car driving numpties they caught doing it…or do those figures not count…just the crazy killer juggernaut drivers that we apparently are.

I was going to take sandwiches to work tomorrow.

Better not though, wouldn’t want to risk mowing down folk in my killer juggernaut whilst munching on a cheese & ham sandwich. :unamused:

Call in at Costa. They asked me last week would you be entertaining them with your presence. [emoji6] 10% off to all who work on the estate. [emoji1]

truckertart:
Call in at Costa. They asked me last week would you be entertaining them with your presence. [emoji6] 10% off to all who work on the estate. [emoji1]

Well D, I do love a nice coffee! :grimacing: If you play your cards right, I might treat you to one!

eagerbeaver:

truckertart:

Well D, I do love a nice coffee! :grimacing: If you play your cards right, I might treat you to one!

Hot chocolate for me mate. Their coffee gives me terrible indigestion. [emoji6]

truckertart:

eagerbeaver:

truckertart:

Hot chocolate for me mate. Their coffee gives me terrible indigestion. [emoji6]

Ok. Hot chocolate it is… :sunglasses:

I was on general haulage in the 80s and often sat with my kettle on the stove or cooking my dinner whilst I drove …never hit a thing .
Another time my Dad was with me, 'Fancy a cup of tea ’ he asked as he put the kettle on the stove and lit the gas .
We were driving on a miserable dark rainy M4 in South Wales and I noticed he had not lit the stove , now my Dad was a bit deaf and could not hear the the hiss of the stove …took the lighter …clicked it and Whoof the cab lit up , bright orange flames dancing across the top of the windsreen setting fire to the headlining and curtains and almost blowing the doors out , I was trying to put out the flames whilst trying to control the truck on the motorway .We absolutely sh*t ourselves but no real damage was done and we really laughed about it later God Bless him.
RIP Dad Dec 1933- July 2017 .

mick palmer:
I was on general haulage in the 80s and often sat with my kettle on the stove or cooking my dinner whilst I drove …never hit a thing .
Another time my Dad was with me, 'Fancy a cup of tea ’ he asked as he put the kettle on the stove and lit the gas .
We were driving on a miserable dark rainy M4 in South Wales and I noticed he had not lit the stove , now my Dad was a bit deaf and could not hear the the hiss of the stove …took the lighter …clicked it and Whoof the cab lit up , bright orange flames dancing across the top of the windsreen setting fire to the headlining and curtains and almost blowing the doors out , I was trying to put out the flames whilst trying to control the truck on the motorway .We absolutely sh*t ourselves but no real damage was done and we really laughed about it later God Bless him.

That sounds an absolute blast

mick palmer:

RIP,proper driver.

eagerbeaver:
I was going to take sandwiches to work tomorrow.

Better not though, wouldn’t want to risk mowing down folk in my killer juggernaut whilst munching on a cheese & ham sandwich. :unamused:

Sarnies are ok, its the cheese and ham pasties that can get you, hot cheese down your chin or worse,down the insides of your thighs can be a bit of a distraction …