Just got a ticket for a sip of coffee

Its the knees rob,the knees! Peeling the spuds single handed is impossible, you need proper control with your knees, after practice it becomes second nature. Leaves both hands free for gesticulating at the camera vans as well… :stuck_out_tongue:

robroy:
What happened to the days when a decent copper just gave you a bollocking then told you to ■■■■ off.
They prioritise and have their ‘purges’ :unamused: in all the wrong things.

I don’t just have my peek a boo curtains to rock the ‘Mysterious cool Trucker’ look you know. :bulb: :wink:

The fashion police will ticket you for those curtains :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

GasGas:
Here’s a handy pic for you all to cut out and keep to show the nice policeman should you find yourself in a similar predicament:

For the avoidance of doubt, it shows a uniformed officer of the Hants Constabulary using a Mercedes Actros tractor unit to identify distracted drivers (eating, drinking or phoning) while at the wheel.

There’s a nice cup of coffee and some choccy biscuits handy for him to sip and nibble as he drives along.

He also uses a radio while driving to summon the police motorcycle to stop offenders that he spots eating, drinking and using telecoms while driving.

I pass no further comment.

I’m not certain but I recall two-way radio communications don’t come under the telecoms act thingy

You are right…it only covers cell-phones. CB radio with hand-held mic OK. PMR ditto (on the old Top gear you used to see Clarkson et all using hand-held mics all the time).

bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/1 … nts-anchor

I hope you asked him for ID, and didn’t let any old womble with a fancy hi-viz into your motor.